Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

User avatar
RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 818
Location: New Zealand

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 am

nikohl wrote:Sausages are serious business!

Bob (also, American forumites) here at least, most sausages are all or partly pork. Do you get lots of sausages made from other things? I had beef sausage once but it was kind of dry, and I saw turkey meat sausage at the supermarket but I haven't tried it.
I had venison sausages for dinner tonight, but they're not always available in the supermarkets. As for other alternatives, we can usually get chicken sausages of various flavours, but I've yet to find one that is edible - turkey might be similarly blergh?
pink - grey - blue - pink - red - green - yellow - white - black - blue - purple - green - orange - yellow - dark grey - green - yellow -

User avatar
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins
Posts: 6908
Location: banned
Contact:

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 am

Hmm.
Can granite_grizz please receive a custom title to commemorate his achievement?
Just like CheeseToastofDeath did receive one for winning the fan art contest (back at the times of the BF-forum crash).

User avatar
friedkitty
Voices Opinions
Posts: 492

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

RidcullyJack wrote:
nikohl wrote:Sausages are serious business!

Bob (also, American forumites) here at least, most sausages are all or partly pork. Do you get lots of sausages made from other things? I had beef sausage once but it was kind of dry, and I saw turkey meat sausage at the supermarket but I haven't tried it.
I had venison sausages for dinner tonight, but they're not always available in the supermarkets. As for other alternatives, we can usually get chicken sausages of various flavours, but I've yet to find one that is edible - turkey might be similarly blergh?
As a person who rarely eats pork (the wife doesn't eat it, so...) I can say that there are many turkey varieties, from breakfast sausage, to Turkey kielbasa, to summer sausage. It is a different flavor, but like anything else it's an acquired taste that I actually prefer now to the pork, which I find to be too heavily greasy now.

Now chicken sausage...the texture is just wrong. Even chicken bologna is just... :puke: .

User avatar
BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden
Posts: 2455

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 am

all thse anries wer soo goop. pelpl suln be proil
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.


Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

User avatar
friedkitty
Voices Opinions
Posts: 492

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 am

BeanDip wrote:all thse anries wer soo goop. pelpl suln be proil
:? Either Beandip's really tired, or she's been hitting the Anymug again.

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6925
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 am

Krulle wrote:Hmm.
Can granite_grizz please receive a custom title to commemorate his achievement?
Just like CheeseToastofDeath did receive one for winning the fan art contest (back at the times of the BF-forum crash).
That is entirely off topic. Can't you see we're talking about sausages here?

(BeanDip said she might make badges for contest winners. That might work better. In any case, has Grizz even been back to the forum?)

Speaking of BeanDip...
BeanDip wrote:all thse anries wer soo goop. pelpl suln be proil
I have to agree. It was a great crop of entries. People should indeed be proud. Yourself included.

(Nice to see chemo bringing out something good. Hope the positive vibes mean positive things are happening for you, too.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins
Posts: 6908
Location: banned
Contact:

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:43 am

WearsHats wrote:
Krulle wrote:Hmm.
Can granite_grizz please receive a custom title to commemorate his achievement?
Just like CheeseToastofDeath did receive one for winning the fan art contest (back at the times of the BF-forum crash).
That is entirely off topic. Can't you see we're talking about sausages here?
Sorry.
(BeanDip said she might make badges for contest winners. That might work better. In any case, has Grizz even been back to the forum?)
Nope. But apparently CheeseToastofDeath was here today! Although his last post is quite a while ago now.... *waves!*

User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
Posts: 2102
Location: The Holy Land

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by I'mBob » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 am

Here most of them are chickens/turkeys. Sometimes cows.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

User avatar
friedkitty
Voices Opinions
Posts: 492

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:55 am

I know this is slightly off topic as well, but I also have started to prefer the turkey bacon.

I know this will offend the many bacon purists out there, but I just don't appreciate the taste of fried pig fat anymore.

User avatar
granite_grizz
Remains Silent
Posts: 3

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by granite_grizz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:15 am

Time to go completely off topic. As a small thank you to everyone, I decided to attempt to draw my demon Names. Remember, if your laughter at my lack of skill lasts for more than four hours, consult a physician.

Image

Thanks again everyone. :)

Post Reply