Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Alternate Realities Contest: Entries & Voting Here!

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 am

nikohl wrote:Sausages are serious business!

Bob (also, American forumites) here at least, most sausages are all or partly pork. Do you get lots of sausages made from other things? I had beef sausage once but it was kind of dry, and I saw turkey meat sausage at the supermarket but I haven't tried it.
I had venison sausages for dinner tonight, but they're not always available in the supermarkets. As for other alternatives, we can usually get chicken sausages of various flavours, but I've yet to find one that is edible - turkey might be similarly blergh?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 am

Hmm.
Can granite_grizz please receive a custom title to commemorate his achievement?
Just like CheeseToastofDeath did receive one for winning the fan art contest (back at the times of the BF-forum crash).
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

RidcullyJack wrote:
nikohl wrote:Sausages are serious business!

Bob (also, American forumites) here at least, most sausages are all or partly pork. Do you get lots of sausages made from other things? I had beef sausage once but it was kind of dry, and I saw turkey meat sausage at the supermarket but I haven't tried it.
I had venison sausages for dinner tonight, but they're not always available in the supermarkets. As for other alternatives, we can usually get chicken sausages of various flavours, but I've yet to find one that is edible - turkey might be similarly blergh?
As a person who rarely eats pork (the wife doesn't eat it, so...) I can say that there are many turkey varieties, from breakfast sausage, to Turkey kielbasa, to summer sausage. It is a different flavor, but like anything else it's an acquired taste that I actually prefer now to the pork, which I find to be too heavily greasy now.

Now chicken sausage...the texture is just wrong. Even chicken bologna is just... :puke: .

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 am

all thse anries wer soo goop. pelpl suln be proil
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 am

BeanDip wrote:all thse anries wer soo goop. pelpl suln be proil
:? Either Beandip's really tired, or she's been hitting the Anymug again.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 am

Krulle wrote:Hmm.
Just like CheeseToastofDeath did receive one for winning the fan art contest (back at the times of the BF-forum crash).
That is entirely off topic. Can't you see we're talking about sausages here?

(BeanDip said she might make badges for contest winners. That might work better. In any case, has Grizz even been back to the forum?)

Speaking of BeanDip...
BeanDip wrote:all thse anries wer soo goop. pelpl suln be proil
I have to agree. It was a great crop of entries. People should indeed be proud. Yourself included.

(Nice to see chemo bringing out something good. Hope the positive vibes mean positive things are happening for you, too.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:43 am

WearsHats wrote:
Krulle wrote:Hmm.
That is entirely off topic. Can't you see we're talking about sausages here?
Sorry.
(BeanDip said she might make badges for contest winners. That might work better. In any case, has Grizz even been back to the forum?)
Nope. But apparently CheeseToastofDeath was here today! Although his last post is quite a while ago now.... *waves!*
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 am

Here most of them are chickens/turkeys. Sometimes cows.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:55 am

I know this is slightly off topic as well, but I also have started to prefer the turkey bacon.

I know this will offend the many bacon purists out there, but I just don't appreciate the taste of fried pig fat anymore.

granite_grizz
Remains Silent

Post by granite_grizz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:15 am

Time to go completely off topic. As a small thank you to everyone, I decided to attempt to draw my demon Names. Remember, if your laughter at my lack of skill lasts for more than four hours, consult a physician.

Thanks again everyone. :)