Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - We will survive!

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Surprise INBETWEEN-update update!

Drowns- About two turns in the past. (Feel free to post for this turn as well if you wish though- So the regular storyline can continue as well)
"Well, that went better than expected. Nice to see that it is still possible to create peace with words. Thanks for agreeing to heal him."

"Hmm." Ellen simply replies, being rather shortoff.

"Sorry Drowns... I thank you for your help, but I've shown you all I can. I wish you good luck in your travels, but this is goodbye."

Drowns nods respectfully but disappointed. Raksta however, who had just been sitting in the corner of the room as Ellen had performed the ritual, speaks up.

"Hold on now eh... He worked for you didn't he?"

"Yes, and I taught him how to use catalysts in return. There is not much else he can do to help me."

"True, true. Your an paladin after all aren't ye? Sure kid, you can heal. And you can use that healing power for good... But that ain't exactly your main forte, is it? A paladins still a holy warrior above all. Your not really going to grow much more powerful on the healing department."

"But hey- Who am I to speak here? Just because at first glance something seems impossible doesn't mean it can't be achieved if you don't try hard enough. Haven't cast a single spell in my life, and yet here I am, being a healer."

"Know what kid. Take this." the man says, passing Drowns a trinket.

"You can use it more than me."

Holy symbol: Can be channeled to request minor divine intervention.

Hears
"...I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean? Summon who?"

"A potion of potential is a powerful thing."
"Raw potential. If a guardian got it's hands on it, he could very well shape it into something he would believe useful."
"You know of what I speak. The sun is about to set- After a good rest you will be able to do it once more. So now would be the ideal time to do it."
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 pm

"O...kay?"

Still a little confused, Hears nevertheless concentrates hard....and activates his Ancestry ability.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:01 am

Backdated Post:

"Goodbye, Ellen" Drowns responds.
Then, after Raksta talked to him and handed over the symbol, Drowns looks at it for a few seconds.
"I don't know what to say...Thank you at least, sir." he rubs his fingers over the symbol "It feels like a warm touch from my god. A very fine gift and I got not much to offer you except a thank you from the depths of my heart." he bows.
"I will also think about the lesson within your wisdom, maybe I should train more fighting than healing, since I can already heal good enough. Goodbye."
He bows again, grabs his backpack, and leaves. He spends a gold to buy some rations and two water hoses, then looks for the rest of his comrades. After a while he finds Hears.
"Ah, finally I found somebody. Hi Hears, how are you. I heared the others want to leave soon, what about you? Are you ready to go tomorrow?"
:zzz:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm

"...If you're sure," says Born as he starts to make his way into the labyrinth. "I mean, when Jax showed up with Ansem's arm burned down to the bone, they didn't remove it, they healed it."

On the other hand, Born isn't exactly sure if making peace with Madness was the right decision, either. Not after that whole poison fiasco.

"I think you'd better go first," Born announces, changing the subject. "This might be an actual physical maze to us, but these are still your mental defenses. I've got a hunch that if you just start walking, the way through them will come to you naturally."

"...Or we could just try flying over it," he adds, glancing up at the open air above them, "but I doubt it works like that. The maze might be real to us, but it's still a metaphor."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 pm

For the here-and-now-turn:

Drowns follows the group, counting his focus gems and trying to remember what Ellen told him about. He was thinking "Hmmm...what exactly did she say? Oh yes, -"

In the evening he will sit by the fire, cleaning his weapon. Then, praying and meditating at the same time. Finally, before going to sleep, he will train with his sword and run a little bit to become more athletic. The old man might be right, he could use some more physical training as well, not only spiritual one. His armor and weapon and heavy, and being stronger hasn't hurt anybody, well, except enemies.

OOC: Please complete the instruction, since it is lost in the old forum and I don't remember. Would be very nice.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:13 pm

"...If you're sure."
"I am certian. You should know me better than throw around words like that, unless there is absolute certainty."
"I mean, when Jax showed up with Ansem's arm burned down to the bone, they didn't remove it, they healed it."
"Two completely different senerios here, nearly opposite. For one, it seems that for Ansem that it is important that both exist. Without Jax he is powerless, or at the very least has less power because of this. With Shame, I have less power and not being able to do a few things that I would otherwise have. It is just a hindrance, something that cannot really be fixed asides from destruction."

"I think you'd better go first," Born announces, changing the subject. "This might be an actual physical maze to us, but these are still your mental defenses. I've got a hunch that if you just start walking, the way through them will come to you naturally."

"...Or we could just try flying over it," he adds, glancing up at the open air above them, "but I doubt it works like that. The maze might be real to us, but it's still a metaphor."

"Flying, while able to get into some places that one cannot reach and is useful in that sense, I am pretty sure it will not work here and we will have to walk through this maze itself. Flying is also a lazy way out of situations where one can easily reach to it by foot. One has to take action to earn something, instead of lazing about and doing nothing. Lets go." Cut leads Born through the maze, guiding him to Shame, making sure that Born is behind him.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 am

End of day 5

Studies, Hears Disembodied Voices, Almost Drowns and Will Go Boom

Studies cackled, grabbing for yet another mana stone to provide for his enchanting craze- Realizing he ran out only as he tried to find it. Saddened by the fact that he can enchant no more, he instead uses permanency to activate levitate- As he opens the next chapter of the book- "Creating a purpose".
"So hence our world was born without purpose. It is hard to say what it was truly like as few records have survived the teeth of time. They say that the world looked, at first glance, ordinary. But in every living being there was a sense of unfulfillment. A realization that their, our world was not whole. There was a brief moment of civilization. Of ignorance really, looking back to the events. People were trying to convince themselves that it was all lies. But these lies came crashing down as the first signs of the end became apparent."

"Red lightning crackling through the skies. Our world had no purpose and was hence doomed to die- Returning to nothing. It would have been like our universe had never even existed. This naturally led to panic. People were afraid, and it looked as if the world was indeed doomed."

"Were it not for one kid- Who did not panic. Or did not run. Instead he rose up- And spoke to the people. He preached for those who would hear it, about the good in every man. About a perhaps unfulfillable dream, but one that humanity should strife for. He said that perhaps it was indeed impossible. But that humanity would just perhaps be capable of it one day. And that if anything, if we were to truly die. We should be remembered for at least trying."

"And by doing so, he created for the world a purpose. The red lightning disappeared as quickly as it came. And the boy, Asatun, was revered a hero. He would grow up to become king ruling the entirity of human civilization- And having great influence over many of the other races. By his side stood his loyal protectors, several high leveled adventurers. This continued up until one day. Where he had to make a drastic decision."

"Hah, I don't think I should explain much more, should I? I mean, you've seen exactly how it happened by now. They stored that memory in the stones just for you. But it makes one wonder does it not?"

"Is it truly that easy to create a purpose? Just some kid shouting to the people a dream he once had? A dream, not to mention, that civilization has been proven unable to achieve?"

"Spoiler: No. No it's not."
"...Wait, there's three puppetmasters? Ugh, it was annoying enough when i thought there was just one. And whatever this plan the main plotter has for us, understand that i don't find your assertions regarding the plan very heartening. You're saying there's nothing we can do about it?"

"No. It is definitely possible. But doing so would make you useless in her eyes. And you would soon feel what would happen if that is to become the case."

"It is best to let it happen. In the meantime, you should train. Prepare. Become stronger. Most importantly, collect the remaining stones. So when the time finally comes, you will be strong. And might be able to turn the tide around."

Boomer had bought a bit of the material before he left- Now looking over the designs of the helmet. He can't really try to fix it while they're still travelling- But examining it should increase his chances for when he sits down and begins actual work on it. That being said, however...

"So what your saying is that we have at least four players? including Jax? Or are we dealing with three players, your a knight and we're pawns in your little chess match?"

"...If anything, I would be a pawn. And you would be a knight. My role is only minor. Minor enough that..." He says, looking away to the side- A raven sitting beside the road. It stares at the party for a bit, before flying away eventually.

"And Jax... I suppose in a certain sense he too is a chessmaster. But far less than any of the other three. And really, it is more of all the guardians as a whole. As Hears would please demonstrate..."

Hears concentrates hard... Feeling a power within. As the voice within him becomes louder and louder until... He swears he hears the voice come from the outside rather than the inside.

"Ooooooooooooooooooh yeah! Hahaha! Look at this! In the flesh! Hah! Hats would be so jealous of this!"

Hears opens his eyes again - Surprised to, at first, feel... Calm. The voices in his head speak clearer, as if that one voice that could just shout louder was gone. That would be because it was indeed- It was standing in front of him.

A goblin- A head taller than any other common goblin, bulking with muscle. Chief markings, and ornate armour- For a goblin at least. You'd almost consider him a hogoblin. He was in sort of a spectral appearance- But very much real.

"Hears! My good friend! How your doing mate!" He says, roughly pulling him from the ground, immediately noogieing him on the head as he turns to Jax.

"Ah! How's the jerkface doing?"

"...He also says hello."

"Regardless. A fourth factor are the guardians and their leader."

"You see, our guardian of war here, just like all other guardians, died. Now, most people, when they die, are not given a choice. They leave this plane for either heaven or hell."

"But, at rare times, he will see potential in a spirit passing away and grant them a choice. They may choose to head to their afterlife, be it heaven or hell. Or their spirit may be preserved- If in return they would accept the burden, and gift, of a very special role."

"Hah, but he wasn't going to get me just for nothing! We struck a deal- I'd agree if my friends could come too!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£And IÔÇÖm amazed he agreed.ÔÇØ

"Haha! Come on Hears! You and me! Friendly sparring match, what say you?" The spirit says, pulling out a WAY oversized axe.

It becoming quite late, the party grounds to a standstill regardless- "The forgotten" Seeming really eager to have a sparring match with him, whilst Drowns does some exercise before trying to rest. Luckily, the grass would be sufficient for it- And Ansem had offered to take up guard duty. Running a bit, Drowns thinks about the focus gems- Shards of a many crystal having a tiny fragment of magic in them. He can freely expend one and use it to boost one of his spells once.

Cut-And-Paste and Born and Raised
"Alright, where is he elf? I know he is somewhere around here. Oh and Born, quick word of advice, don't listen to him. I know what he is and if my suspisions are correct then he is going to try to demotivate you from attacking at all or something similar. The elf said that it is weak so he should be easy to kill. At least easier than the others. That being said, I have no idea how powerful it would be, but I believe that I know his weakness and will use that against him. It would be the second fight I would win this way."
The elf sits aside, raising an eyebrow at your arrival- It appears the other appearances of Cut have learnt to ignore, or perhaps even tolerate him- Being more wary for Born than anything else- Though restrained.

"Your going to try and kill it hmm? Well, that will be... Interesting. I'll sit and watch. Like I always do."

"You can't be serious. You understand what you're talking about, right? You're asking me to help you kill a part of you. I mean, if Ansem, a Guardian, and your immortal mind elf thing all think it could be a good thing, then I guess there must be something to it... but if we go through with this and succeed, you might not be you anymore."
"When I visited Narfe's mind, every facet of his mind was dead. They were just lying there, while his memories played over and over around them. You... saw what happened to him. I don't know what happens when you start killing pieces of your mind - I passed on the opportunity to do it to myself - but I'd imagine the end result is something like Narfe. Driven. Obsessed. Empty."

"...And what on earth do you hope to accomplish by killing a part of who you are, anyway? If you think this is the right thing to do, then I'll help you go through with it, but I really want you to answer this honestly - is it really worth potentially doing that to yourself? We have no idea what we're doing here, and Ansem once told me that a mind that you purposely alter might not heal itself when you're done with it."

I do realize what I am talking about here. It is ....hard to think of but I am pretty sure that after all of these sources saying that it will be helpful and benifitical to me, then it probably needs to be done. From what I have gathered, this part was dying anyways and very weak. It just needs to be finished off so to speak.

The piece of my personality that we are going to kill is holding me back in a way, preventing me from going into my full potential, hampering me constantly even though you guys do not realize it. That part of me is currently trying to prevent me from speaking about this too much further. It is a determent with no positive. It is... Shame."

"We are going to kill it. I will be fine."

"...If you're sure." Born says as the both of them approach the labyrinth. Cut going in front, somehow... Knowing where he needs to go. But that being said, he didn't like it. He did not like at all what he was going to face in there. And Born didn't notice himself- But as they moved further and further, spiraling rapidly to the middle of the labyrinth- The Jabbawack began to light up more and more.

They eventually arrive- A large circular clearing. In the middle- Something small. Both Cut and Born slowly edged closer- Feeling very... Unnerved by the thing, muttering incomprehensibly. It seemed to be a baby at first. But as they came close enough, it revealed the ugly truth.

It's head turned 360 degrees- The body itself not moving a single inch. The tiny little head looked normal, but frozen- What was potentially even more terrifying than that it had been monstrous. What you first thought to be mere cloth wraps were roots, ingrained deeper into Cut's mind, as it began speaking fastly - Only now did Born notice the Jabbawack was shining brightly.

"We are weak. Puny. Useless. Just a stupid goblin. That is why you hide. Seek to become something else. Become pride. But we are not Pride. You are not Pride. You are a coward. That is why you are me. We are shame. You cannot kill me. I am you. If you kill me you will kill you."

"B-Born. Destroy it."

Born moves slowly moves closer. Unsure how to deal with this... Atrocity. The thing pleaded.

"Think what you're doing. You don't know what will happen. You really want to find out what happens when you abuse that weapon?"

"No."

"Stay away."

"No."

"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."

"NO."

The beast rises up- The roots spreading further and deeper into the ground as the beast grows to twice the size of either of the goblins- Releasing a horrific animal like scream at them both.

Boss battle: Shame
► Show Spoiler

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:36 am

So...Is there any way some of the rest of us Me please could help with this boss battle?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 am

Do we have to wait until it is over?

Retroactive action for Drowns:
Drowns buys two gems for 20 gold so he can create focuses out of them later. Then he follows the rest of the group out of town.

Action for this turn:
Drowns is bored and continues training. Too many of the others look like their mind is busy inside their head, maybe it is another one of Cut's mind trips or whatever they are doing there.
"Anybody wants to train with me?" he ask everybody, whos mind is not elsewhere.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 am

madmartin26 wrote:So...Is there any way some of the rest of us Me please could help with this boss battle?
Well your with a very powerful psychic who's probably going to have to jump in and save Born and Cut's asses regardless, so who knows huh?

And nah, game continues as usual. I'm just going to say that it took 8 hours in real life for them to get through the labyrinth or something. :roll:

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 am

Studies

If Ansem notices the battle that's going on and tells the rest of the party about it, Studies asks to be sent into Cut's mind to help his friends. Once there, he activates his whirlwind protection and attempts to blow away the monster with a huge gust of air. Messing around with new abilities from being in a mind can wait.

"Wait, they're having a battle in Cut's mind? Come on guys, we've got to help them! And I'll finally get to see what Cuts mind looks like! It's probably full of items that talk constantly. Hmm...I wonder what the inside of my mind looks like? We should go check it out sometime.""

IF Ansem doesen't tell him about the battle, Studies continues reading, totally engrossed in the book and the messages Paradox sent.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 am

Shame: "We are weak. Puny. Useless. Just a stupid goblin. That is why you hide. Seek to become something else. Become pride. But we are not Pride. You are not Pride. You are a coward. That is why you are me. We are shame. You cannot kill me. I am you. If you kill me you will kill you."

Cut: "Hah! I was hoping that this would not be as easy as I thought it would. And to think Born, if this is the weakest of them all, then how would the strongest fair? It would be much more powerful than that thing. It is a shame that it had to lie. Heh! I maybe smaller than other races, I maybe weaker then them too, but that does not mean I cannot kick their asses and that does not mean I cannot kick yours as well! Useless? Useless you say? I have saved many other goblins from death, and even without that I can heal people. I am more important than what you say because you wish to drag me down to your level. But instead YOU have done the exact opposite. While I do hide some of my words, I do not hide myself, I am out in the opening. As for Pride, I became him because I saw the oppurtunity to enhance myself, to become better. And if I am a coward, then why am I here standing before you? If this is hiding, then lets hide!

Nigh said something about opposites. I think that this applies here as well, and while I can use my pride as a weapon once more against a foe and trump you in that way, I think it will be far more effective if it was first hand rather than through my words!"

Cut then tries to summon Ego to their location. Or become ego. One of the two.
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:27 am

► Show Spoiler
".....Voice?! You're a Guardian?!"

"That........explains quite a lot, actually. Can't say I'm really too surprised."
"I think I'll pass on the sparing, though. Sorry, but you're the Guardian of War, and I'm not suicidal."
"Also, scary axe is scary......."

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 pm

"Hah! I was hoping that this would not be as easy as I thought it would. And to think Born, if this is the weakest of them all, then how would the strongest fair? It would be much more powerful than that thing."

"Um, CaP, I hate to burst your bubble, but my facets and Narfe's looked nothing like this!" Born calls over Shame's screaming. "They just looked like goblins and humans! This guy looks even worse than Madness did! This is like - like deeply ingrained shame! Like something that you let grow into something terrible!"

He hops backwards, avoiding one of Shame's roots crashing down on top of him. Born shapes the Wabbajack/Jabbawack into a brilliantly glowing copy of Black Smoke's harpoon cannon and levels it at Shame's body. He braces himself and fires, hoping to try and rip out whatever piece of Shame it lands in.

"I don't think this is natural, CaP! Did something happen to you?!"

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Not.....not natural? I am not sure what has been done to me to cause this if unnatural, and Nigh said it was weaker than it used to be, so this most likely occurred before the tomb...before we became adventurers perhaps. And But I was not hampered by a mage after I ...joined the heartbond clan. I...I remember coming back to my clan one day...many buildings burnt down, everybody dead...I was the sole surviour. I ...I do not remember why I left...I assumed it was important...do you think that a mage or something could have done something to me to cause both? What was the name of it... I do not seem to remember.."

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:49 pm

"It doesn't have to be magic - something that traumatic from that long ago sounds like more than enough to cause this." Born calls over his shoulder, heaving at the harpoon cannon and trying to tear away a piece of Shame's body. "Quick, CaP! I need you to change which way is down! Give me more leverage!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Cut is mumbling to himself for a bit. "Why was I gone then? Was it really that important? Why was I not there when they needed me...."Hmm sorry, thinking about what could have caused this. I shall try to change things around" Cut concentrates a bit on where Shame is and attempts to restrain it and pull it away from the Jabbawack, listening to it's screams in pain as the hook and Shame separate with chunks of it left over on the hook."Since it seems to follow your command have you ever tried to make it's ammo explosive after hitting a target?"

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

The harpoon snaps back into the cannon with a whirl of chain links. The instant it locks back into place, Born hurls the Jabbawack out in front of him, and it pauses in midair about ten feet away before springing open into a half-dome shaped like two shining hands with laced fingers, barely repelling Shame's next attack.

"I can try it, but I was only ever able to make fire once!" cries Born over the tendrils thundering against his barrier. "And I was only able to do that when I was fighting Madness outside of my own soul!"

It seems to be powered by my own mind, or soul, so even if we went in that deep, I don't think I could manage it. thinks Born. Unless...

"Try, I don't know, try focusing on it! I don't think I can tap into any more of my soul than I've already got, but maybe it can use yours!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:17 am

"I am not sure what you mean by that, and I am not exactly sure if I like the sounds of it. That sounds very, very dangerous on my part and I am uncertain if it will help since earlier you wouldn't let me attempt to use it...if I attempt to mess with it now, who knows what may happen. If it is only tied to your mind, there is nothing much I can do about it."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 am

madmartin26 wrote:"Wait, they're having a battle in Cut's mind? Come on guys, we've got to help them! And I'll finally get to see what Cuts mind looks like! It's probably full of items that talk constantly. Hmm...I wonder what the inside of my mind looks like? We should go check it out sometime.""
Drowns pauses his training for a second, breathing heavily.
"What are you talking about? What is Cut's doing again? I am sure about one thing, I don't want to know what his mind looks like."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 am

Boomer, obviously a bit confused at the concept of fighting in someone's mind...or more specifically someone else's mind, considers the situation. "Alright, but if we're fighting with something inside of Cut's mind, how much do we have to be careful of consequences? Because obviously we could do some serious damage...Or possibly more serious damage..."

If Boomer is somehow transferred into the mind of Cuts, well then he'll advise.
"If this is supposedly Shame? Personally I don't see it...looks more like a brain tumor to me...but if it is Shame...then what does Cut's have to be ashamed about?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Sorry guys, update will be tomorrow.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Day 6 turn 1

Studies, Hears Disembodied Voices, Almost Drowns and Will Go Boom
".....Voice?! You're a Guardian?!" Hears yells out in surprise- Taking a step back. Though soon recovering himself:

"That........explains quite a lot, actually. Can't say I'm really too surprised."
"I think I'll pass on the sparing, though. Sorry, but you're the Guardian of War, and I'm not suicidal."

"Oh come on! You have any idea how long it's been since I actually saw battle?! The guys up there are boring! Come oooooon!"

"Not with that huge scary axe!"

"What about without? Just my fists? Ah whatever. I'm gonna disappear again soon anyways. I can't keep this up for too long."

Drowns in the meanwhile, continued training- Deciding to ignore the shenanigans going on with Cut and Burns and that psychic dude. Who speaking of which, has suddenly gone awfully silent. Not that he really wasn't paying attention to that fact.

"Anybody wants to train with me?" he asks- Blisfully unaware of the fact, there is one guy who is more than willing to.

"Oh hell yeah! Come on! I'll settle for a friendly sparring match!" Voice yells out, happily proceeding to kick Drowns ass- Though not too roughly. This guy is strong! But actually a good workout, if hard to even get a blow in. And that was with him holding back as he didn't actually want to knock anyone out... (Lost 1HP, but got 3 EXP from it.)

"... I think I may have underestimated how strong it would be in it's current state."

"What? What is? The villain?" Harley asks with interest.

"No. The battle going on in Cut's mind."

"Wait, they're having a battle in Cut's mind? Come on guys, we've got to help them! And I'll finally get to see what Cuts mind looks like! It's probably full of items that talk constantly. Hmm...I wonder what the inside of my mind looks like? We should go check it out sometime.""

"I'm not sure if I should... Very well. I suppose you may be of help to them." He says, Studies promptly falling asleep. Ansems shadow coming alive once more, he points to him, as the shadow picks him up allowing the rest of the party to continue.

"What are you talking about? What is Cut's doing again? I am sure about one thing, I don't want to know what his mind looks like."

"It's less chaotic than what you think it to be. But yes. It can be a very disorienting experience."

"Alright, but if we're fighting with something inside of Cut's mind, how much do we have to be careful of consequences? Because obviously we could do some serious damage...Or possibly more serious damage..."

"Would you wish to join as well? I would be fine to remain here and watch to make sure nothing bad happens. But we lack the facilities required to travel further if it's the case. And I believe I can keep it under control. We should arrive soon at our destination, if we continue walking."

Cut-And-Paste and Born and Raised
"Hah! I was hoping that this would not be as easy as I thought it would. And to think Born, if this is the weakest of them all, then how would the strongest fair? It would be much more powerful than that thing. It is a shame that it had to lie. Heh! I maybe smaller than other races, I maybe weaker then them too, but that does not mean I cannot kick their asses and that does not mean I cannot kick yours as well! Useless? Useless you say? I have saved many other goblins from death, and even without that I can heal people. I am more important than what you say because you wish to drag me down to your level. But instead YOU have done the exact opposite. While I do hide some of my words, I do not hide myself, I am out in the opening. As for Pride, I became him because I saw the oppurtunity to enhance myself, to become better. And if I am a coward, then why am I here standing before you? If this is hiding, then lets hide!"

"Um, CaP, I hate to burst your bubble, but my facets and Narfe's looked nothing like this! They just looked like goblins and humans! This guy looks even worse than Madness did! This is like - like deeply ingrained shame! Like something that you let grow into something terrible!"
Born shouts, shaping the Jabbawack into a cannon and firing a harpoon into Shame- It releases a roar as the harpoon gun fires through, leaving a burning red scar, before being pulled back.

"I don't think this is natural, CaP! Did something happen to you?!"

"Not.....not natural? I am not sure what has been done to me to cause this if unnatural, and Nigh said it was weaker than it used to be, so this most likely occurred before the tomb...before we became adventurers perhaps. And But I was not hampered by a mage after I ...joined the heartbond clan. I...I remember coming back to my clan one day...many buildings burnt down, everybody dead...I was the sole surviour. I ...I do not remember why I left...I assumed it was important...do you think that a mage or something could have done something to me to cause both? What was the name of it... I do not seem to remember.."

"It doesn't have to be magic - something that traumatic from that long ago sounds like more than enough to cause this."

"It is." A voice was heard as Ansems's shadow form appeared- Bringing a Studies with him who looked far too excited to see the horrible monstrosity- The two of them briefly distracted, said monstrosity screamed once more- And as they turned back, a massive blow hit Cut- Everything shaking as the black walls begin cracking.

"This is deeper than I thought... Fight harder!" Ansem screams.

"Aren't you going to do anything?!"

"I am already! I'm making sure this isn't going to kill him once it comes crashing down!"

"Fight it here, then get to it's source- Got it?" Ansem says, disappearing into nowhere. Shame screams again, a howl being somewhere inbetween a screaming animal and the word "NO." It rises taller, sprouting arms like it were a centipede, it's jaw seemingly unhinging as it keeps screaming- Getting ready for another blow, seeming to focus mostly on Cut- And being afraid of the Jabbawack. Just as it gets ready to strike again- Another scream is suddenly heard- But this one more... A shout of war.

"GRAAAAAAAH! DIE!" Is heard as the giant version of Cut charges in the middle of the labyrinth, carrying silver armor and wielding a huge silver hammer- Bringing it down onto Shame with brute force. Shards of the metal fly everywhere as a piece of it breaks and Shame hits back at "Ego", itself stumbling backwards. The blow did hurt it, it seems- But one thing is for sure. In a place with no real physics, it's hard enough to define just how though this was going to be, or just what would be an effective method of attack. But it was going to be real hard- And just perhaps, with more consequences than simply "waking up".
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 pm

"This is going to be a lot harder than I have imagined it to be. I figured you would die easily. But you won't will you?" Cut looks at the walls and at the two goblins that are now here. "Guys, I need your help, I don't care that you are here at the moment, but Shame is going to kill everything in sight if we do not kill it first. I am glad you came down to help, for you may save my life. It's currently going after me because it knows that I not only trump it, but also that if I am defeated then it will take over. That is something that is to be avoided all together because if I turn out to be like that ...thing then I may become useless all together. Order said that my power comes from my confidence. From my Pride. This is something which is the opposite of that. And without confidence, without Pride, I may become powerless. Boom, I want you to do your healing magic on the walls, make sure that they do not crumble. I think they provide some sort of support and structure along with protection. Studies, use your air magic to help distract it from me. If it kills me then it's game over. Born, do whatever you do with the Jabbawack. It seems to fear it. I am going to try to do some sort of protection along with another summoning. This time for the rest of them.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:39 pm

As "Ego" stumbles backwards, Born dives past it to get a clear shot at Shame, and shapes the Jabbawack back into Black Smoke's harpoon cannon - but with the barrel crammed full of an absurd amount of harpoons. He takes aim and fires them at Shame as fast as he can, trying to provide Ego with a few moments to recover.

"I don't know if just fighting this thing is do anything!" Born yells over the deafening noise coming from the Jabbawack. "Ansem, if this thing comes from a traumatic event in his past, then what if we went a layer deeper, into his memories?! Maybe resolving CaP's shame over what happened to him is the key to beating this guy!"