11 Jan 2014 What are we Watching

Discuss the comic here!
willpell
Banned

Re: 11 Jan 2014 What are we Watching

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Wolfie wrote:And please... watch your tone. Nobody likes being talked down to.
Almost no-one. This is the Internet; everything is a fetish for somebody out there.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:40 pm

willpell wrote:
Wolfie wrote:And please... watch your tone. Nobody likes being talked down to.
Almost no-one. This is the Internet; everything is a fetish for somebody out there.
I meant in this forum specifically, willpell. But thank you for the pointer. :D :lol:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Tofu wrote:How many people reading actually play D&D? I'm guessing only a few as the bits of advice that pop out seem amazingly arcane to me and from a rare few. Personally I find it part of the most satisfying parts of the goblins community.
I used to play 1st edition AD&D. Because I'm old like Thac0. :thaco:

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm

RocketScientist wrote:
Tofu wrote:How many people reading actually play D&D? I'm guessing only a few as the bits of advice that pop out seem amazingly arcane to me and from a rare few. Personally I find it part of the most satisfying parts of the goblins community.
I used to play 1st edition AD&D. Because I'm old like Thac0. :thaco:
THAC0, however, is second edition. First edition used tables.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Wolfie wrote:
BuildsLegos wrote:And once again someone needs to be reminded what "outside time" means.
Well, technically, the sword exists outside time. However, and this is shown in comic, it moves instantaneously from when MM drops the sword to when he picks it up again. Ergo, it moves through time and brings what's attached to it along with it.

And please... watch your tone. Nobody likes being talked down to.
If you want me to keep my cool, why the [generous omission] do you assume I wasn't talking about the Maze of Many? Wesley Snipes once said something about the people who think Kin is going to use the Jade Teapot soon, right before he killed a vampire.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:15 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
BuildsLegos wrote:And once again someone needs to be reminded what "outside time" means.
Well, technically, the sword exists outside time. However, and this is shown in comic, it moves instantaneously from when MM drops the sword to when he picks it up again. Ergo, it moves through time and brings what's attached to it along with it.

And please... watch your tone. Nobody likes being talked down to.
If you want me to keep my cool, why the [generous omission] do you assume I wasn't talking about the Maze of Many? Wesley Snipes once said something about the people who think Kin is going to use the Jade Teapot soon, right before he killed a vampire.
BuildsLegos,

Logic does dictate, at least on the forum, that if you are replying directly to the person above you (me), you don't use quotes. Which you didn't. Also, it appeared as if you were talking about my response to the poster above me.

It does not, however, change my end response to you. You have been asked nicely on a couple of occasions to mind how you "speak" to other forumites. Snark, sarcasm, and other forms of verbal barbs are fine in small doses, but I am asking you politely, for the last time, to knock it off or at least tone it down. Speaking to others like they are beneath you or less intelligent than you are is not appreciated. Your posts have been reported to us on a few occasions for exactly that. So, please, please, please tone it down.

[mod="Wolfie"]If you have a problem with my response, or would like to discuss this further, please PM me or SeeAMoose. A response is not required in this thread.[/mod]

Simon, I'm really interested to see what would happen if someone were to be holding onto the sword when MM lets go of it.

Really though, I'm wondering if they'll hang in mid-air and then fall like an old Wile E Coyote cartoon.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:Wesley Snipes once said something about the people who think Kin is going to use the Jade Teapot soon, right before he killed a vampire.
That does not sound like any Blade quote I remember.... :?
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.