11 Jan 2014 What are we Watching

Discuss the comic here!
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

11 Jan 2014 What are we Watching

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 pm

I think this page destroys the Forgath/Kore theory.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/01112014/
Last edited by SamWiser on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Wandering Mage
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Wandering_mage

Re: 11 Jan 2013 What are we Watching

Post by Wandering Mage » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:32 pm

That was incredibly amusing sequence with Oblivious (once again, name oh so appropriate).

That doesn't look good for Forgath. His attack was a miss with whatever bonuses he might have going on (I have no clue what you get for using weapons like that lol), and Kore just proceeds to rip through armor like butter.

vector010
Remains Silent

Post by vector010 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Prophecies are annoying, but just going to point out that love is currently fueling hate...

Minmax's love for Forgath is fueling self hatred.

Is it part of the prophecy, who ever knows until the prophecy is over. That's why they are so darn annoying.

But, some like to ponder it, so figured I'd point it out.
My deviantArt - Blog-ity blog

I'm gonna sing the doom song now. Doom dee doom doom doom...

Wandering Mage
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Wandering_mage

Post by Wandering Mage » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:37 pm

You know thinking on it more, there is just so much fail in Minmax's actions there, it's mind boggling.

1. Trying to throw Oblivious
2. Yelling at future Minmax who he immediately becomes in response by "stealing it away" to "try" again.
3. That conversation across time with himself...there are no words...

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Why doesn't Minmax just drop the gate and go help? It looks like plenty of room inside for the Goblins. I know he can't win, but still, that's his Brother in Arms out there...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Typical Minmax, oblivious to the fact that Oblivious can't help Forgath...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

PatchworkBBC
Mutters to Themself

Post by PatchworkBBC » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm

I would just like to point out that the thread title is wrong: Thaco says "The hell are we watching," not "What are we watching."

Nits, they will be picked.

Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Post by Sockmonkey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm

It looks like the racist axe was actually able to gash Kore's axe a bit.

Dendr
Whispers Softly

Post by Dendr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Oh come on, Goblins! You can't move the mountain!

At least Forgath was able to cut through Kore's axe... But Kore hit him at same time. Not good.

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 pm

The only way that cycle could end would be if Minmax never drew Oblivious again....so if he died, basically. So unless he abstained from ever using oblivious again, Forgath is out of luck on that front.

On Forgath, it looks like his swing took out a tiny chip of Kore's ax, which seems to be the same metal as his armor, so...

Edit: Curses, :ninja: 'd
Last edited by raaabr on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

talantus
Remains Silent

Post by talantus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:45 pm

hmm looks like portal minmax`s hand in panel 11 forgot to be colored. still funny to watch.

also, ouch! that one is gonna suck for forgath... head injuries always bleed a lot more than it should. i may hinder his vision.

Sogono
Mutters to Themself

Post by Sogono » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:46 pm

(Hi, I'm new here - just reached that point in the comics during this epic fight!)

At least, Minmax has probably finished trying to give Oblivious for now, as he will wear a grey armour next time he'll draw it...

Dustin_S
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dustin_S » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:48 pm

I find myself wondering what happened to make Minmax say "Grey"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 pm

PatchworkBBC wrote:I would just like to point out that the thread title is wrong: Thaco says "The hell are we watching," not "What are we watching."

Nits, they will be picked.
To be honest, I was so excited to finally start a thread that I just picked the first thing that came into my head. You're lucky it's from the comic at all.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:07 am

Dustin_S wrote:I find myself wondering what happened to make Minmax say "Grey"
The obvious guess would be referring to where Kore is from....

Last panel
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dustin_S
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dustin_S » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 am

good point. It seems to be a theme in the comic when one character "confidently states their name" to establish dominance. I can see our belovedly anti-brilliant minmax getting the tradition completely backwards, instead calling out his opponents full name.

Dendr
Whispers Softly

Post by Dendr » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:30 am

Dustin_S wrote:I find myself wondering what happened to make Minmax say "Grey"
Ah, mon cher Hastings, use your little grey cells!

Steelhaven
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Twelvth

Post by Steelhaven » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:39 am

It's like watching a train wreck in progress. In slow motion. From an observatory on far away mountain with no lines of outside communication.
► Show Spoiler

Kennerly
Mutters to Themself

Post by Kennerly » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:47 am

Sockmonkey wrote:It looks like the racist axe was actually able to gash Kore's axe a bit.

So instead of Forgoth getting a +7 against another dwarf, the Ax gets +7 against other axes!

trubbol
Voices Opinions
UStream Username: Trubbol

Post by trubbol » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:37 am

Wow... that sword must be ridiculously overpowered in Minmax's hand...
Hey guys! I draw art and stuff, and will probably have something new more often than not! Look here! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=460&p=130673#p130673

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:56 am

Kennerly wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:It looks like the racist axe was actually able to gash Kore's axe a bit.
So instead of Forgath getting a +7 against another dwarf, the Ax gets +7 against other axes!
From first glance, the thought was *what* an amusing prospect - a Weapon that acts against other weapons, not the wielder. If that is how the HammacerAxe operates in the Thuntiverse, then poor old twin tomahawk wielding Kore should be quite safe. Am so puzzled by this .. (edit - have read the link on Sunder weapon attack later in the thread, somewhat more understanding of this now - it could be a Sunder attack against Kore's off handed dual wielded weapon or an attack against Kore himself)

Chuckle: Loved the MinMax dialogue with himself. Brilliance itself. Superbly named weapon. Extremely chuffed at the writing that has lead to this.
Grey Armor: is this the first time we have had Grey?
Racist Axe: does not help the 'what is Kore' speculation. Was that a bad roll or tough armor at that reflection by Kore of Forgarths blow. (edit - see above)
Puzzle: at this rate Kore will be solving the puzzles for the goblins. If watching each blow and commenting on each point of dialog slows down their puzzle solving skills, then we don't have any time at all before the Goblins are being slaughtered at the gate.
HammaceAxe Damages Hand Axe: does this reduce the attack capacity of the axes? What weapons does Kore have after the crossbows are exhausted & if the handaxes are damaged/lost? Shield bashing? (edit - nice list of options given in link below, grapple, shield bashing, sunder, overrun, trip etc.,)
Speculation: I reckon Minmax should drop the cage and help out his buddie against that big grey meanie ... :sword:
Last edited by Tofu on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Snow
Mutters to Themself

Post by Jon Snow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:14 am

So either Minmax says, move the grey one to the goblins, or he drops the bars and goes and helps Forgath. Saying something to Kore about how he is a Greyhill Dwarf or something or rather.

Interesting.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:16 am

Tofu wrote:Grey Armor: is this the first time we have had Grey?
Grey was the first colour Minmax said, but he said blue straight after, and then pink again.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:31 am

Two things ...

1. The angle of the axe head compared to the handle in Kore's left hand makes me think that Forgath broke the head off his off-hand hand axe... :)

2. Poor Forgath - not only does he get cut in the face but he gets hit with the axe that already has goblin blood on it. So, you know ... goblin germs :puke:
All hail the power of the stick!

funkytrip
Remains Silent

Post by funkytrip » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:44 am

Can't minmax hold open the portal by Oblivious? I thought it could not be moved except by him?