7 Jan 2014: RRAAAH

Discuss the comic here!
Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

7 Jan 2014: RRAAAH

Post by Orzahn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:17 pm

I did not excpect the fist clamp axe thingy, I mean damn, that's a cool trick, is it now the hammaxce? and does it still receive the raciscm bonus?
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Melodramatic - Jan 6 2014

Post by Insane Kitty » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.org/01062014/

Is his mace holding the claw?
Last edited by LAYF on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with first Topic
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Re: 7 Jan 2014: RRAAAH

Post by Sessine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 pm

I checked -- we haven't been told how much of a combat bonus the hammace gives.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/10092013/

Edited to add -- this move (last frame):

http://www.goblinscomic.org/09132005/

... is not going to work on Forgath because of his impervious beard.
Last edited by Sessine on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: Melodramatic - Jan 6 2014

Post by Xavier78 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Yeah the mace is holding the axe. Also, Big ears is not going to just stand there. He's going out to help...

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 pm

I was just coming to say the same thing: clever way to stack bonuses. Of course, he gave up the defense bonus from having it in the glove + wand mode, but this might make a dent in Kore's armor.

Hopefully his player got some out-of-character applause for that idea.
Last edited by Gryphonic on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

Darkpool
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Darkpool » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Oh, THAT'S clever! Add the +7 from the racist axe to the Hammace attack bonus. If I were DMing, I'd probably allow it.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 pm

it is SO ON!

If Big Ears jumps in too, its gonna be quite possibly the most epic fight so far.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 pm

That... I... I had not seen that coming.... really cool move there...

*Merged the two topics
-Best regards LAYF

Tutenkharnage
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Tutenkharnage » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

I am totally confused by Kore's weapon draw. The axes are clearly over his shoulders, blades up, yet he retrieves the handles (which are further down his back) and comes up with the axes in a weird position. The perspective, such as it is, suggests that the blades, after the draw, are facing Forgath. In the last panel, however, Kore rotates the axes (as indicated by the motion lines), yet the blades have mysteriously flipped forward to face Forgath. They ought to be pointing back at Kore at this point unless he knows some crazy move that flips them and rotates them.

What am I missing?

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Xavier78 wrote:Yeah the mace is holding the axe. Also, Big ears is not going to just stand there. He's going out to help...
It's hard to tell with only the flats colored, but he may be looking down at the spent shaft. He might throw that and the other one at Kore as a distraction.

And it seems goblins are not good at puzzles after all... :(

ETA: The stub of the rope is still in Kore's neck. And it must have done a few points of damage after all, because he's bleeding. Perhaps he would have said something otherwise.
Last edited by Gryphonic on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Irresistible force meets the immovable object... I think we're going to see the irresistible force turned aside. Dwarven skulls are THICK.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Tutenkharnage wrote:I am totally confused by Kore's weapon draw....
He cross draw them... if you look panel 2, there is no blood on the left axe.. but when he draws them, the left axe is the bloodied one...
-Best regards LAYF

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 pm

I can't help but notice that Kore's skin seems noticeably dark and brown, unquestionably different from Forgath's. Maybe now people will shut up about how Kore is Forgath from the future.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:55 pm

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Yamadasan
Mutters to Themself

Post by Yamadasan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Axe was cool, totally cool.

AND CALLED IT on the Goblins being dumb as bricks with puzzles. We've got some shit to do,

DiesasaYoungling
Whispers Softly

Post by DiesasaYoungling » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Why did Forgath think Kore was going to talk? He always just walks in, kills everything and then leaves.

The only exception I can recall is Chief, though I can only recall a couple of instances of Kore actually getting shown killing stuff.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:29 pm

DiesasaYoungling wrote:Why did Forgath think Kore was going to talk? He always just walks in, kills everything and then leaves.

The only exception I can recall is Chief, though I can only recall a couple of instances of Kore actually getting shown killing stuff.
Also the dwarf kid http://www.goblinscomic.org/09172005/ he gave him a small speach first....
-Best regards LAYF

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm

DiesasaYoungling wrote:Why did Forgath think Kore was going to talk? He always just walks in, kills everything and then leaves.

He talked to Chief, and to Y&B, and to the dwarf kid. He has an occasional urge to monologue, and it may be scarier than his silence for showing just how absolute and merciless his mind is.

BreaksGlasses
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by BreaksGlasses » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:33 pm

An Axemace! :shock:
that is pretty damn clever

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Great page. I wish that I could see the next few pages right now though. The wait is killing me.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 pm

willpell wrote:I can't help but notice that Kore's skin seems noticeably dark and brown, unquestionably different from Forgath's. Maybe now people will shut up about how Kore is Forgath from the future.
No, I don't think anything could stop the speculation that Kore is Forgath from the future.

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Nice way to avoid the fact he isn't proficient with the axe. He certainly is proficient with the mace, clever.
As for the speech? Yeah way to give Kore the initiative.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:22 pm

This is yet another testament to THunt's ingenuity. We all saw the two items and what they could do but very few people, if anyone, thought of combining them. Well done.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

whelk
Remains Silent

Post by whelk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm not expecting it, but I'm still really hoping Forgath hits Kore for some appreciable damage, or at least messes up his armor or sunders a weapon, or something.

I love Big Ears' expression/pose. He might just be scared, but I think he looks like he really wants to go out there and help, or is at least extremely concerned for Forgath.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Kamos wrote:Nice way to avoid the fact he isn't proficient with the axe. He certainly is proficient with the mace, clever.
As for the speech? Yeah way to give Kore the initiative.
Nice catch about weapon proficiency.
Well, he's just trying to stall Kore. Getting him monologuing would do that and delay having to fight him another few seconds. Sadly, whether due to Kore knowing exactly what the GAP is trying to do or to having a rope through is larynx, Kore refused the bait.
whelk wrote:I love Big Ears' expression/pose. He might just be scared, but I think he looks like he really wants to go out there and help, or is at least extremely concerned for Forgath.
Or all three. THunt is very good at conveying thoughts and emotions through body language.