Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Random Thread The Electric Bongaloo: A Whole New Thread

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:43 am

And that is why you should alternate alcohol and water. Or, if you want to follow the idea of a relative of mine, you never get a hangover if you never stop drinking. And somehow he was still a successful medical practitioner. :|
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:58 am

well as an a unsuccessful medial practioner
it is true just not your best option really the best thing to do
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:26 am

Heh, yeah I know :-) spacers not chasers! At least I remembered to drink like 2 pints of water before I went to bed so it could have been worse!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 am

Who needs alcohol, anyway?

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 am

Hey guys!! Sorry I've been gone, the holidays have been painfully busy where I literally have no freetime besides Facebooking and reading new comic updates. Literally nothing else. I'll be getting back to the forum right after Christmas, or actually, during Christmas, most likely, as I'm going to my mom's family's house which is incredi-boring. SEE YOU ALL SOON HUGS AND KISSES I'MA READ EVERYTHING YOU ALL HAVE POSTED AS WELL
I am high in fructose.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:51 am

Welcome back, Trex. :)

Sitting in the waiting room for my chemo. Will hopefully and more than likely have my CT scan results in today, I made a mistake by thinking they'd be in on Saturday.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:40 am

did I mention I love havng you on facebook
your post keep me thinking your on meth :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 am

See you again soon T-rex :)

happy hollydays to all of you.
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Hahaha! Oh dear... Ok, so pretty balls means pretty shit, the other two are band names who are on spotify and YouTube and stuff if anyone wants to hear them.

Hungover thinks hurts a lot.
Which could still mean good or bad...at least at somepoint stuff being "The S*it" was a complement...

But it seems that pretty balls = sucks balls...in Scot to American translation...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Quarg wrote: But it seems that pretty balls = sucks balls...in Scot to American translation...
Well... pretty = quite, and balls = rubbish, so it's more like "pretty rubbish" - although things that are pretty rubbish could be quite easily said to suck balls, so you're still right :lol:

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:14 pm

K. Done with chemo for this month.

Scans show that the nodes have neither shrunk or grown so the news isn't exactly wonderful but it's not bad either. My lungs are showing dramatic improvement though. I'm seeing an endocrinologist about a node inside my thyroid soon. Still got nodes near my heart and lungs too. Overall not the best but it could've been worst.

Slept for the five hours of the six hour treatment. Nice, deep sleep. Slept through two bag changes even.
Last edited by BeanDip on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Hmmm...well hopefully this last round will cause some errant cell death....

Hey, does anyone know the mixology for a Royal Apple?
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:04 pm

BeanDip wrote:K. Done with chemo.

Scans show that the nodes have neither shrunk or grown so the news isn't exactly wonderful but it's not bad either. My lungs are showing dramatic improvement though. I'm seeing an endocrinologist about a node inside my thyroid soon. Still got nodes near my heart and lungs too. Overall not the best but it could've been worst.

Slept for the five hours of the six hour treatment. Nice, deep sleep. Slept through two bag changes even.
That leads me to believe that they're not responding to treatment period and that surgery would be the only option. I'm not a medic though, so what do I know.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:20 pm

So long as it's not getting worse, it's good news, Bean. A group of scientists think they are getting close to finding a treatment that is less harmful than chemo, too.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Surgery isn't an option for me. It's Stage 4 Cancer of Unknown Primary that has spread through almost my complete lymphatic system. Surgery to remove the cancer would also by necessity remove nearly every lymph node in my body. Some amount of lymph nodes can be removed but not as many as I have with cancer inside them.

This is still good news because my doctors told me to my face several times that I am incurable and all they can do is hope to buy me time and make me comfortable until I pass on. So if it isn't growing then I get more time. It's basically up to fate now because I am doing all I can and I trust they are doing all they can. I don't believe in fate and I prefer the word luck but fate fits this situation better.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Sounds like if it's progressed that much, even finding the primary site wouldn't do anything...

My morbid curiosity resurfaces at this point; how long do they say you currently have?

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Could be days, months or years. They've never seen a cancer like mine before, they don't even know what they are treating so they are just trying out one chemo regimen after another. The first regimen (Cytoxin, Adriomycin and Carboplatin) shrunk the lymph nodes significantly but didn't keep them in remission, this time I have Taxol and Carboplatin. My cancer is either a new, unknown type of cancer or a known cancer that's acting very unusual. Cancer of Unknown Primary Site is a diagnosis of exclusion more than anything and they ran me through the gauntlet of tests for every known type of cancer. Even had my genetic code sequenced. My reports been bounced around to tons of oncology and pathology labs and doctors. No one knows what it is.

Without treatment, I'd have a few months or less. With treatment, they have no clue.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Sounds like a new type. Maybe you'll be able to name it for them. That's the problem with cancers and all kinds of diseases, they're always mutating and adapting. So we'll never fully cure it (and I'm sure if a cure were discovered, Big Pharma or some politician would step on it and make sure it never saw the light of day because it'd put them out of business of cancer drugs)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:51 pm

That conspiracy theory never held much water for me. If you came up with the cure for cancer, you'd go down in the history books with an indelible mark of good publicity.

Bean, I'm glad you're still alive and I hope, whatever the reason, that you continue to live for a good long time.

Here's hoping that, as the doctors stumble around in the dark, they stumble onto the cure for beandipanoma.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:15 am

Hi all. Just a quick visit this evening to say Merry Christmas (or Saturnalia, whate'er you wish to celebrate).

Sorry I haven't had time to read over much of what's been going on with folks. Good to see you all; good to hear the Beandip's chemo is going okay.
I miss messing around on this forum, but haven't had a lot of time recently. I've been getting ready for my new job, doing some contract work, and looking after my wife.
She's just had a double mastectomy (to eliminate the chance of getting breast cancer like her mother and aunt), and so isn't allowed to lift anything or drive or do much of anything while she recovers.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:19 am

Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff to deal with. I don't think I could handle all of that. How are you holding up?

Also, Merry Christmas to all on the forum who celebrate it, and have a great day to all who don't.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 am

SamWiser wrote:Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff to deal with. I don't think I could handle all of that. How are you holding up?

Also, Merry Christmas to all on the forum who celebrate it, and have a great day to all who don't.
We're all holding up well. It's surprising what you can handle when you need to.
The contract work was all finished earlier than expected at least, so I could concentrate on the medical stuff. Stress is good for you, right? :)

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 am

Merry Christmas anyone. I will still be here for the holidays if anyone else is, because it seems everyone is leaving me... I will be so alone. :(
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:35 am

Some stress is good for you, true. I'm glad your doing well and I hope things go better for you.

Bob, we're not leaving you completely. I'll still probably check once or twice tomorrow, then after Christmas it will be back to normal. It will probably be the same as any other slow day on the forum.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:14 am

I'll spend most of the day at my computer anyway. Maybe some family activities, go out for lunch or something, but most of the day here. I'm not much for conversation, though. :P
My game:

My characters: