December 2 Update: Twitter

Discuss the comic here!
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

December 2 Update: Twitter

Post by nikohl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:04 pm

New one's up! It's perfectly passable filler, but I'm waiting patiently for the plot to advance next week :lol:

Edit: Permalink, http://www.goblinscomic.org/12022013/

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: December 2 Update: Twitter

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 pm

I would have preferred an Altsplanation, but this is neat too. #slightlydisappointed :P
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Thunt revealed a way to defeat Kore! We should spam him with unwanted Tweets and then he unfollows!
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:10 pm

I liked it. It was nice to get some more humor in this comic. It's been really dark lately.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Fake moustache meme ftw!!!

Fumbles is the best character in the strip IMHO.

PS - Big Ears charity is real and seems like a cool thing to give to.
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Overlord David
Remains Silent

Post by Overlord David » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

So, because Kore quit following them, does that mean they have plenty of time to duke it out?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:50 pm

That was fun.

Also, all of those are real tweets. The accounts all exist. I wonder if Thunt will continue using them.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 pm

WastesTime wrote:Thunt revealed a way to defeat Kore! We should spam him with unwanted Tweets and then he unfollows!
My thoughts EX-actly! Its BRILLIANCE! We can move straight to the goblins sequel "the doomed dungeon of the under pants off Min Max"

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:59 pm

WearsHats wrote:That was fun.

Also, all of those are real tweets. The accounts all exist. I wonder if Thunt will continue using them.

He at least needs to keep Fumbles up. If only for the lulz!

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Meh , this 5 day countdown is a joke. Thunt either postpone each time the day of the update, or release something I don't care just like today.
I 'd rather have an update every week, but a TRUE update.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:46 pm

This content has been removed by the writer for its objectionable content.
Last edited by SGTdude on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:47 pm

WastesTime wrote:Thunt revealed a way to defeat Kore! We should spam him with unwanted Tweets and then he unfollows!
Spam = Seeds_of_Evil
IF Spam THEN Kore_Will_Destroy

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:00 pm

extrabigmehdi wrote:Meh , this 5 day countdown is a joke.

He's right. I haven't been able to keep up with the posted schedule and every single reader has every right to complain.
extrabigmehdi wrote:Thunt either postpone each time the day of the update,

Yeah, it's been embarrassingly bad. I can't disagree. So far, this reader has my agreement and respect. Let's hope he doesn't say anything incredibly stupid to wreck what is so far, a completely justified and practical post.
extrabigmehdi wrote:...or release something I don't care just like today.

Dammit! He was so close! Sigh, okay. Let's take a look at this...

You see, you can't duct tape whether or not you like a post onto my failure to stay on schedule. That's like saying "I think murder is wrong. They should stop people from murdering and also make the colour blue illegal". You see, you started out making sense and then you took a left turn to stupid town.

Think about it. Obviously I'm trying to correct the schedule problem (which again, you have every right to be annoyed/angry about) by posting a page of filler. You can't justifiably gripe about the problem AND my attempt to fix the problem at the same time.
extrabigmehdi wrote:I 'd rather have an update every week, but a TRUE update.
This is a phenomenon that has been hitting me since the day I started this comic. Everyone complains that I'm not doing the comic their way. Let's say that I slowed the schedule to once per week. Do you honestly believe that I wouldn't be hit with a tsunami of anger over that change? A lot of people would complain just like the way you've complained today. They'd say that I should update more often and that once per week is too slow. So what makes YOUR complaint more important than theirs? Why are you so much more valuable than the other readers who'd obviously complain about a once per week schedule change?

Or did you not consider the flack I'd get for a change like that? Did you consider your criticism from a point of view outside of your own before posting it?

Yes, the schedule is currently failing. But have you asked why? Is it out of laziness? It's possible. I mean... from your point of view, you can't know if I'm spending days on end playing Xbox without doing my work. There's really nothing to prove that I'm not doing that. On the other hand, can you name another comic that has the level of detail, shading, etc that mine does and is done entirely by one person?

While it's possible that I'm incredibly lazy and I just pretend to be upset online to hide the fact that I don't really care whether or not Goblins continues to succeed, it's also possible that I work my butt off and try to get as much artistic detail as I can into every page.

Be annoyed at the schedule failure. Like I've said, you're in the right. But if you put a fraction of the work that I put into Goblins, into your complaints, you wouldn't be saying this lame, nonsensical crap that shows a complete lack of intellectual effort on your part. It's embarrassing.

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Thunt wrote:...Everyone complains that I'm not doing the comic their way...
Problem: Good People are upset because Kore unfollowed rather than destroyed evil.

Solution: every update show Kore destroy a seed of evil, then garden will be free of monster weeds and the good plants can grow.

T' Northerner
Of Few Words

Post by T' Northerner » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Kore wrote:
Thunt wrote:...Everyone complains that I'm not doing the comic their way...
Problem: Good People are upset because Kore unfollowed rather than destroyed evil.

Solution: every update show Kore destroy a seed of evil, then garden will be free of monster weeds and the good plants can grow.
You know, if you where just smiting internet trolls, people wouldn't hate you as much. You should consider it. Have you heard of CoD?

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Although this filler is funny, I'm still kinda disappointed with it. :/ I mean, the jokes are kinda mediocre and the look is a bit cheap.

Nevertheless, if Thunt worked on the board/card game thingy (guys, check out the eyeball shield! Ewwww.), that is all the better, since I backed that too and now eagerly waiting when it's done. :D

I haven't been following twitter closely, so this may be completely miss, but I hope that health is OK (no migraines) and hopefully no more RL things getting into the way of comic drawing.

Cheers. :D
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm

@Thunt,
first thanks for taking time to answer me. I didn't expect such reaction, I was just expressing a bit my frustration, and I would have waited for next update anyways.
So what makes YOUR complaint more important than theirs? Why are you so much more valuable than the other readers who'd obviously complain about a once per week schedule change?.
My complaint is not more valuable than others. But I'm sure lot of readers were a bit frustrated today. Just try to understand a bit : there's some suspense in your story , and I just didn't have my little dose of expected excitement, I get at each update. Additionally I don't find this "filler" (to re-use your own word), would require the particular skills you have; or in other words it's not representative of the quality of your work.
On the other hand, can you name another comic that has the level of detail, shading, etc that mine does and is done entirely by one person?
There's no point in making comparison between comics , I consider each comic to be unique , and influenced by the personality of the author (s). I think Goblin win at the suspense department, it's a bit an addicting story. Thanks for providing this comic for free anyways.

Tama
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Tama » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:20 pm

I giggled for several minutes. Worth it.
Stop that right meow.

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Tama wrote:I giggled for several minutes. Worth it.
Perhaps with the right mood... But for this kind of humor, 4chan can be great.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:39 pm

extrabigmehdi wrote:@Thunt,
first thanks for taking time to answer me. I didn't expect such reaction, I was just expressing a bit my frustration, and I would have waited for next update anyways.
Which would have gotten a more measured response, had your post not hit a well-established sore point. A lot of people have told Thunt how they think he should be doing things over the last 8 years or so, and a lot more have made assumptions about how he must be doing a half-assed job because the comic is so often late. (I also expect that he's exhausted and stressed.) No one likes unsolicited advice, especially when it concerns the job they've been doing every day for years.

The truth (and I've seen this firsthand, when I stayed a week at his house) is that he spends his entire day at his desk, working nearly nonstop, from before I wake up until long after I've gone to bed. Every day. Also, he's his own worst critic. No one gives him more grief over late updates than he does.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:54 pm

SGTdude wrote:Fake moustache meme ftw!!!

Fumbles is the best character in the strip IMHO.
The Armor class one is too small for me to read, but looks like it would be funny too.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Justno
Remains Silent

Post by Justno » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Four days? Seriously? Four days for this excuses for a strip that could have taken less than a day!

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:17 pm

RedwoodElf wrote: The Armor class one is too small for me to read, but looks like it would be funny too.
Armour class: The less it covers, the higher the armor rating.
Last edited by Kore on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Hey Thunt, since I see in the comments above that the twitter accounts are all actual ones --- you planning on keeping them updated, or were they for this one-shot? Because I'd definitely follow Fumbles. :)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:18 pm

It says the less your armor covers, the higher the armor class.

Or something to that effect.

I wish mods could modify the message of others and for dude like the guy above me just put like in large red letters "I am a troll who has no life." That would be funny. But it wouldn't work because everyone knows you dont feed trolls.