Nov 16 - Back to Goblins

Discuss the comic here!
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Nov 16 - Back to Goblins

Post by nikohl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Squee, new one's up! Hour later than expected, but worth the wait :)

Also, can't remember who called it, but whoever said she noticed the hand blood and made the Seeing connection was correct, or at least it looks like it!

Edited for permalink: http://www.goblinscomic.org/11162013/

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Nov 16, 2013 update: After a 705 day GAP.....

Post by TeaLovingDave » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm

I very much hope this is not the last we see of Kin.

She spotted the wound on his hand at least....... :( :?

And now back to the GAP - I cannot wait to see what is going to happen next. :D

http://www.goblinscomic.org/11162013/

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Re: Nov 16 - Back to Goblins

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm

She saw it! She saw it! she Saw it!
GAP is in serious trouble. Everyone's hurt, they're low on spells, and any delay now is likely to be fatal via Kore.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

dire18
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by dire18 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Hnnnnn it has been too long ;-;

Actually, it really has been so long that my once-time agony over Chief has now turned into acceptance.

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Well, I didn't call it, but I am glad that he did it the way he did, good man, I am proud of you. YAH, MinMax deserves forgiveness Kin !, yah . . . oh, he is gone, you can't forgive him . . . :( :'( :'(

Poor MinMax, the dumb sap, I hope he doesn't do something bad and unforgivable now, in his angry state. En Guarde , Goblins

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:09 pm

dire18 wrote:Hnnnnn it has been too long ;-;

Actually, it really has been so long that my once-time agony over Chief has now turned into acceptance.
It's been 705 days since last we saw the GAP, hence the title of my thread for this update :p

Minmax1991
Remains Silent

Post by Minmax1991 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:10 pm

So the Maze of Many is finally over.. with a catch. Kin is now aware she is in love with Minmax.

Is this the last we're ever going to see of her? I have a feeling she''ll come back.

Also, one thought: Minmax and Forgath are lucky Kin didn't come. If Kore saw them socializing with her he would kill the three of them right away.

Although, considering it's Kore, I don't think it'll be long before he decides to kill the PCs.

drekhan
Remains Silent

Post by drekhan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Now kin will realize that she is connected to Minmax, but something will happen to the teapot or to her that will prevent her from ever seeing Minmax again.

How do I know?

Because Thunt is viscerally offended by joy and happiness.

Quild
Whispers Softly

Post by Quild » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Gryphonic wrote:She saw it! She saw it! she Saw it!
She MUST have make the connection!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:11 pm

drekhan wrote: Because Thunt is viscerally offended by joy and happiness.
:lol:

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Quild wrote:
Gryphonic wrote:She saw it! She saw it! she Saw it!
She MUST have make the connection!
I do believe so. She's gripping her hand that was hurt, and she wasn't in the last panel that we could see. And the look on her face.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Minmax1991 wrote:So the Maze of Many is finally over.. with a catch. Kin is now aware she is in love with Minmax.

Is this the last we're ever going to see of her? I have a feeling she''ll come back.

Also, one thought: Minmax and Forgath are lucky Kin didn't come. If Kore saw them socializing with her he would kill the three of them right away.
Being as if Minmax and Forgath delay the GAP by any significant amount of time, Kore will certainly catch up to them, is it possible that Kin will travel by teapot at some point in the next few updates at exactly the wrong *and* right time?

The right time to prevent Minmax and Forgath from killing the Goblins..... but the wrong time to turn up in front of a genocidal maniac intent on killing all monster races, and making it clear the human and dwarf blocking the escape of his targets have been tainted by "evil".

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Is it just me, or do the Goblins look strange from behind?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Minmax1991
Remains Silent

Post by Minmax1991 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

You know what is so great about this page? We've seem this scene before, but looking from the opposite side (to the goblins' faces). Then we spent 3 years wondering what they were seeing. It was kind of obvious it was Minmax, but we had no idea what he looked like. And now we know. It's the same scene from 3 years ago, but now with all the information about what happened in the Maze of Many that can be seem in Minmax's and Forgath's appereances and gear.

I'd never imagined Minmax was crying.

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

OH !.

Kin was crying before she saw his hand, a tear welled up and trickled down her beautiful face the moment he proved himself by doing her will without further remonstrance !. She ALREADY thought she loved (intellectually) him and knew, sadly, that if he DID do what she needed, he was worth loving!. She knew it was a lose/lose situation for her when she came out with the tea.

(Hmm. Must be a window open somewhere, and my spring fever is coming on, or something, I can't see for water in my eyes, suddenly) :'( :'( :'( :'(

Minmax1991
Remains Silent

Post by Minmax1991 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:26 pm

TeaLovingDave wrote:
Minmax1991 wrote:So the Maze of Many is finally over.. with a catch. Kin is now aware she is in love with Minmax.

Being as if Minmax and Forgath delay the GAP by any significant amount of time, Kore will certainly catch up to them, is it possible that Kin will travel by teapot at some point in the next few updates at exactly the wrong *and* right time?

The right time to prevent Minmax and Forgath from killing the Goblins..... but the wrong time to turn up in front of a genocidal maniac intent on killing all monster races, and making it clear the human and dwarf blocking the escape of his targets have been tainted by "evil".
And then, Forgath will decide the couple should live and will stay behind to have a great battle with a dwarf.

Bird
Remains Silent

Post by Bird » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Shouldn't Complains be bleeding black? This will be important when MinMax tries to wound him with Oblivious and can't do lasting harm, because Complains has demon blood and Oblivious is not a holy weapon.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 pm

TeaLovingDave wrote:Being as if Minmax and Forgath delay the GAP by any significant amount of time, Kore will certainly catch up to them, is it possible that Kin will travel by teapot at some point in the next few updates at exactly the wrong *and* right time?
I don't know that Kin would abandon her quest to take the Teapot back home, but once she's done that I could see her appearing after that at just the wrong time using the Teapot. What wrong time though? Hmm, when would you most hate for an old flame to show up? When you've got a new one! :D Or just as MinMax is dying. :'(

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Minmax does dual wielding? Nice. And maybe now we'll get one update from the GAP/MMF and one from the Maze of Many and Kin. That would sure be nice (or combined updates if Kin is to reunite with Minmax in a short while)
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Bird wrote:Shouldn't Complains be bleeding black? This will be important when MinMax tries to wound him with Oblivious and can't do lasting harm, because Complains has demon blood and Oblivious is not a holy weapon.
Complains is only part demon. I don't think he got the cool healing powers, and (I think) that all weapons can damage him. Maybe holy weapons do extra harm now.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Well I'm glad Minmax drank the tea with no complaint
(I mean, after he promised to do whatever Kin said).
It goes some way towards showing he's a nice guy.

Also, I thought we may have only got a small glance of the GAP. Glad we saw Kin (if not actually realising) noticing Minmax's hand.
Last edited by Simon on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HuntsAPanda
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by HuntsAPanda » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

I am so glad she noticed his hand and I agree it is pretty obvious she made the connection.

My hope is that she returns the teapot to her clan (her mission) then uses it to teleport to Minmax and hopefully somewhere between now and then finds a way to remove the collar.

Just some wishful thinking on my part. :roll:

Hey, maybe she decides to take levels of Cleric so she can remove curse and Onyx takes more levels in Sorceror to cast something like analyze dweomer to prove that the collars won't blow up (can't remember if either can learn the other spell or similar, it's been a while since I played D&D).
Hearthstone Battle ID: core358#1166

Send me a friend request, I always accept. Then send me a message saying you're a goblins fan.

Neoriceisgood
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: Neoriceisgood

Post by Neoriceisgood » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Best Goblins page in a long time, good reminder why I keep up with this darn thing hahahah.
http://www.neorice.com <- pixelart webcomic, worth reading if you like my art.

RJJ7
Of Few Words

Post by RJJ7 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been answered, but does anyone know what those weird looking creatures in the last panel are?
If a collection of unpronounceable letters doesn't appeal to you, you may call me Randy.

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:40 pm

It's interesting to note that the cups fell to the floor. It's almost as if they dematerialised startng from where the cup was, so with nothing holding them, the cups fell.
I don't know how else I thought it may have worked, but it's nice to see the visuals. I suppose even if you had the teapot and accessories in a bag, the bag would just vanish around them.

The teapot must be teleportable, if it can go through the maze circle, right? It just can't transport itself.