Kin's class

Discuss the comic here!
SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Re: Kin's class

Post by SGTdude » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Right.

But this is pretty much as likely to happen in the actual comic as jumping back to the monsters who said they wanted levels after they escaped brassmoon. Im saying, why do we think that THunt would show us, the readers, another group or individual starting to take levels from ... what, 0? And going through the whole leveling process. He kind of did that bit already and I dont honestly see how its necessary to the story anymore. But again, maybe I'm missing something.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Steelhaven
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Twelvth

Post by Steelhaven » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:17 pm

I only think you're missing the point that the others are talking about. The other three kins likely have levels already, if nothing else than in NPC classes. Kin seems to be classless, and if she gains levels with them, will likely also take a class.

As far as Kin goes, the general guess people are making is that she will show up again having gone through the maze a few times. This is skipping the dynamic of watching them choose a class and start to level up, as she would already have levels as of her next appearance. (should she do so.)

If the kins hadn't mentioned gaining xp through the crawl yet, it would likely not have as much speculation as it does.

It's true, there does seem to be a tendancy towards random speculation about random characters, but the point doesn't extend toward the Kins in my opinion.
► Show Spoiler

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Kore wrote:It would make most logical sense for Kin to take prestige class Seductress as she already uses her charms to corrupt and influence others and plant more seeds of evil.
Do you mean like here, where she seduced and killed her alternate with a hug?
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Kore likes to insist that female monsters like to seduce men; we think he might have a problem.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

warrl
Of Few Words

Post by warrl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:12 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:Kore likes to insist that female monsters like to seduce men; we think he might have a problem.
Some people have issues.

Kore has lifetime subscriptions.
My blog: Alien America - amusing incidents and creative misinterpretations

ardenwolf
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by ardenwolf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Factotum

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 am

warrl wrote:
Some people have issues.

This was great. Totally needs to appear as a line in the comic or something!

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:27 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:Kore likes to insist that female monsters like to seduce men; we think he might have a problem.
Not all females like to seduce and not all who like to seduce are females. But it is one of the basic ways to spread the seeds of evil.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/08302013/ - second last panel, Kin appears to be attempting "suggestive kiss".
http://www.goblinscomic.org/08192005/ - drow attempting to seduce Minmax with jiggling breasts
http://www.goblinscomic.org/05142013/ - 2 Kins dress in such a way as to draw attention to their breasts.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/07252013/ - a male spider tries to seduce Forgath

But on other hand, there is a Kin who loves a sword and lots of armor and seems more of a crazy kill people psycho rather than a seductress.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Kitty Hamilton wrote:If she does take a character class and level up in the maze, I think she'll probably end up as a wizard. High intelligence and all that.
Archivist. Intelligence-based version of Cleric, so she can Remove Curse on the collar.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Causes Malfuntions
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Causes Malfuntions » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Okay, maybe a dumb question but...
If Kin would become a Cleric in order to remove the curssed collar, why didn't she ask Forgrath to do it?

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Because the cleric needs to be at least 5th level iirc, and Forgath is only 3rd. So Chief @ 4th would have been closer to helping her, but, well...
warrl wrote:Some people have issues.

I've seen a version of that. Still funny and perfectly appropriate for Kore! Title suggestions?
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:38 pm

I dont think thats the reason.

I dont have comic to back me up at the moment, but I thought she was keeping it. Like it was her choice to not get rid of it as a kind of personal empowerment thing.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Possibly both.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/05172010/
Looking for anything about choice atm.
ETA: not seeing one, but I'm just skimming. Trying to fill out med insurance application at the same time.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah i guess i was thinking about where she basically told GS she would never run away again. I dont know though that Kin is going to take a class at all (or anyone else for that matter). She just wants to go home.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 pm

SGTdude wrote:I dont think thats the reason.

I dont have comic to back me up at the moment, but I thought she was keeping it. Like it was her choice to not get rid of it as a kind of personal empowerment thing.
Yeah no. She's keeping it just in case it really will blow up, doubtlessly not for any other reason.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.