Kin's class

Discuss the comic here!
kida
Gives Speeches

Kin's class

Post by kida » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:35 am

If Kin stays in the maze she need to take a class (in order to gain levels)
What class will she take?

I think she should take priest so she could remove her collar.

Kitty Hamilton
Remains Silent

Re: Kin's class

Post by Kitty Hamilton » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:40 am

If she does take a character class and level up in the maze, I think she'll probably end up as a wizard. High intelligence and all that.

Yamadasan
Mutters to Themself

Post by Yamadasan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:22 pm

I think she's going to exit the maze with Minmax and Foregath.

And then Foregath, Minmax Cries, inka binka bon-SHE BECOMES A CLERIC!

Because both Forgath and Chief died, both groups need a healer.
Then you add how Forgath and Chief acted as mediators for their own groups, are both dead, and their roles taken by Kin who's in charge of keeping MInmax and the goblins from fighting in order to work towards the common goal of escaping Kore.

Then theirs the whole HOST of Chief/Forgath parallels that prove they're both going to die here. Shit is seriously wack.

And working towards removing the leash herself is a great story over "maybe I should let the dwarf do it"

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:06 pm

that's an interesting argument for why she should take cleric, although I'd have to admit that with her INT, wizard makes a lot more sense
All hail the power of the stick!

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Onyx = MU, INT
Ruby = Fighter, STR
Sapphire = thief/ranger, DEX
Kin = cleric, WIS

Sometimes the classics are the best.

They can probably tweak the maze so that if they blow up they reset with their collars but otherwise they win and exit without them.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:26 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote:Onyx = MU, INT
Ruby = Fighter, STR
Sapphire = thief/ranger, DEX
Kin = cleric, WIS

Sometimes the classics are the best.

They can probably tweak the maze so that if they blow up they reset with their collars but otherwise they win and exit without them.
Hmm.. one mistake and some ideas compared to 3.5 plus what we know about the alts: (from altsplanations)
Onyx is a Socerer, this have been confiremd by thunt in the altsplanations, so her best stat should be Charisma (as Soceres bases theire magic on that)
Ruby, you are probably right, fighter seems most appropriate, and thus strength
Sapphire could be Fighter, Ranger or Rouge, as all will make excellent ranged characters with a good Dexterity stat, but since we have seen no prof of any special abilities, I'd say she is a Fighter (Thay also makes for the best MinMax Marksmen)
Our kin has a High WIS and INT by the looks of it, this will make for as you say, a good Cleric, as his spell's are WIS based, It would also make for a good Wizard, due to the Intelligence. one could also argue for Monk, we have seen her only fight with her body, proven to be strong, and monks gain many feats that benefits from unarmed combat, in addition, Monks does not have any "needed" Ability score, as their special abilities for the most part does not require any minimum stats, and our Kin, like our Thac0 could have a wish to newer be captive(Read helpless) again...

So... yea.. mostly wrote this for Onyx... became a bit more :P
-Best regards LAYF

Lumenaught
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Lumenaught

Post by Lumenaught » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:10 am

While Cleric is a good choice to fill the needed healer role,
Kin's strong suit is not wisdom and she logically would choose to benefit from her strongest stat.
In my opinion you only need 2 types to complete any dung-crawl. A cleric and a thief.
Seeing Kin become a thieving gadget girl isn't that far of a reach for me.

However... If i was Kin, I'd remember that being a psion has its benefits... like becoming a telepath and linking the kins into a hive mind to solve the
Quantum decoherence problem that keeps them unable to cross into a different reality.
It would also solve all of Kin's STUPID TRUST ISSUES with Minmax.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Given the mechanisms of the maze have been called "psionic gears", I would think Psion, or perhaps (given her personality) Wilder would be the obvious choices (Yeah, they're Pathfinder, not 3.5, but DMs adapt things all the time...)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Or just go level up in Expert. :)

LarsenSan
Mutters to Themself

Post by LarsenSan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:41 pm

If our Kin has high INT and WIS the best class for her is a non-core one: the archivist from Heroes of Horror. Think of a divine wizard.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:15 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:Given the mechanisms of the maze have been called "psionic gears", I would think Psion, or perhaps (given her personality) Wilder would be the obvious choices (Yeah, they're Pathfinder, not 3.5, but DMs adapt things all the time...)
Oh no no, both Psion and Wilder can be found in the Expanded Psionic Handbook for DnD 3.5
Psion http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Psion
Wilder: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Wilder
Or. maybe the Psychic Warrior? : h[url]ttp://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Psychic_Warrior[/url]
-Best regards LAYF

questionsparks
Remains Silent

Post by questionsparks » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:Or just go level up in Expert. :)
Yes.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 pm

I don't remember any references to Kin having a high WIS before, only a high INT and yet two of you fine folks have now mentioned it. Can anyone point me to where I missed this?

thanks
All hail the power of the stick!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, its not 1 thing, its mostly taking hte DnD description of WIS and INT. here:
WIS: Wisdom describes a characterÔÇÖs willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition.
INT: Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons.

While there is no doubt about INT, I also think WIS seems pretty high (Common sense and willpower here)
-Best regards LAYF

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 pm

I could see Kin as a paladin of freedom variant class. I think it would fit her quite well after her enslavement. Short of that, I'd see her as another monastery of one.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

harlequin
Mutters to Themself

Post by harlequin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:01 pm

I think she'd make an awesome wizard. Would druid work for her?

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 pm

harlequin wrote:I think she'd make an awesome wizard. Would druid work for her?
Well they already have an arcane caster...I was thinking a psionic class because it would help them maintain and control the psionic gears that control the maze.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 am

I have to say from a literary perspective she is not staying with the group of Kin's for the long term.

THunt can do whatever he wants, but the normal progression of character development and story shows that the alt kins are side characters only and ones that we wont be seeing much of now that the main characters left the maze. I think a more accurate prediction is that she will either do a single run again to return the teapot or realize, in spite of her forgetting about the necklace (did you see how she looked at his bleeding hand as though she was aware of a greater connection between them) and will rejoin FM-K to help save them (if the prophecy allows for this). I would think, whatever she becomes at that point, her class would involve some kind of ranged attack like an archer or something.

But I think we are all about to be hugely surprised.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Reish
Remains Silent

Post by Reish » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:04 am

I'm waiting for someone to dump the collar leash down an oblivion hole, making her and Minmax forget the whole holding the leash scenario. This would also prevent ppl holding the leash in the future also. Though that brings up the question if someone is outside the maze does the oblivion holes affect them?

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I think the recent comment should makes us consider the viability of a physical combat class due to her new tail. Though being nigh indestructible doesn't have to dictate a combat class, but it would make her grapple even scarier.

Ciaran
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Ciaran Barnes

Post by Ciaran » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Rogue.

Steelhaven
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Twelvth

Post by Steelhaven » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Don't forget, on reset she's going to be getting her natural tail back, unless she also leaves the maze before reset.

I like the idea of cleric, if only because of her capacity to possibly uncurse herself.
► Show Spoiler

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 pm

It would make most logical sense for Kin to take prestige class Seductress as she already uses her charms to corrupt and influence others and plant more seeds of evil.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:07 pm

On classes:

the goblins took levels to achieve a certain goal. Why do we just assume other people go ahead and take levels also? I mean it would be awesome to see it, but what proof do we have that any characters in the comic, not currently possessing adventure levels, will ever take levels? Im asking cuz it seems like all of the speculation on this over the years (you read that right) seems mostly to boil down to a request for fanservice. But maybe somebody can clue me in.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 pm

SGTdude wrote:On classes:

the goblins took levels to achieve a certain goal. Why do we just assume other people go ahead and take levels also? I mean it would be awesome to see it, but what proof do we have that any characters in the comic, not currently possessing adventure levels, will ever take levels? Im asking cuz it seems like all of the speculation on this over the years (you read that right) seems mostly to boil down to a request for fanservice. But maybe somebody can clue me in.
The 3 Kins want to run the MOM many times in order to gain levels. They need classes to gain levels.
If our Kin joins them, it is only logical she will take class also...

ETA: link to their plan http://www.goblinscomic.org/05142013/