Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Re: Twitter tweets (now: no sign of THunt since 16 Feb)

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks for the strawberry cake. Sharing time!

firefly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by firefly » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 pm

:( just popped in looking for some news. Getting very worried too.

OddBird
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by OddBird » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:33 pm

I know I, for one, am super worried about him and I hope he is okay. I've been checking the comic daily (I'm working all day every day so I cannot check hourly, but as soon as I get to the home sweet barracks, I check) and it is very alarming to see the lack of tweets. I really hope nothing serious has happened, but knowing how dedicated he is to his work, I fear something has...

Jotunheim
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Jotunheim

Post by Jotunheim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Have we considered that his internet may just have gone down?
Art Thread (You should go look! It has artwork! :O)
I can be PMed for commissions and questions and such :)

I will rise up from the chaos
I will rise up from the grave
A brother to the darkness
A master to the slave

katzklaw
Remains Silent

Post by katzklaw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

possible, but 5 days is a long time for the internet to be out.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm also very worried

Meltheim
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Meltheim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Haven't you guys considered that he's in Sochi, competing for the glory of Canada's hockey team? That's why he's been OOC for the last few days! I'm sure we'll hear from him any minute now ..... right?

Your.Master
Mutters to Themself

Post by Your.Master » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:41 pm

katzklaw wrote:21, 2014 3:46 pm
possible, but 5 days is a long time for the internet to be out.
He is living in a fairly remote area, so it's not all that unheard-of. There was a windstorm in the Vancouver area recently that knocked out power to certain areas (http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/ ... story.html), so weather is a distinct possibility. He could also be okay, but not at home or a place with good Internet access. Or he dropped his computer in a river. Who knows.

Bad At Jokes
Whispers Softly

Post by Bad At Jokes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Every time Tarol takes a break he updates his twitter about it. It has to be serious for him not to update us.

Hasn't Tarol's mother got a twitter, has anyone tried that?

katzklaw
Remains Silent

Post by katzklaw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:54 pm

i sent her a message today...

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:51 pm

I saw you message, she's not been on twitter for a couple of months, nor has her blog page been updated since Xmas.

Svafnir
Remains Silent

Post by Svafnir » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:54 pm

What if he meant the "the next three pages will blow your mind" note in a more literal, Call of Cthulu sort of way and tried to incorporate The King In Yellow? ;)

Gimp
Remains Silent
UStream Username: The-Gimp

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: no tweets since 16 February)

Post by Gimp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:26 pm

TheGreatOldOne wrote:Don't feel too bad, I did the same thing, plus I also checked the weather in his area, hit up the BC Hydro site to see where they were having power outages, and even checked the local news for the Sunshine Coast area to see if anything major was going on out there. Nada on any of that, so there's only a few scenarios left:

* His internet is out and he has no other connectivity
* He caught some sort of flak from jackasses on the 'net and has decided to forsake all technology and become a hermit (unlikely)
* There's been some sort of family emergency
* He's having a major health issue

I'm hoping it's the first one.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :paranoia:

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 pm

(It is also possible that this is a part of story that Thunt has dreamed of for long time, a climax/big reveal and now he is stressed over trying to get it right, not satisfied with results, etc. Sometimes writers have "writers block", etc for a little while, and need a little time to overcome the pressure.

PS: Thunt, if you die then people might think my crazy fan fiction is the real end of story, and you really don't want that, so you better not get sick and die. ;P PPS: I can write even worse fanfic for epilogue. ;P )

decadere
Remains Silent

Post by decadere » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Has anyone tried asking his mom? She has her own Twitter and blog i think.

KellPayth
Remains Silent

Post by KellPayth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Given the current circumstances it would make sense to alert the authorities of his jurisdiction to the circumstances and ask them to perform a welfare check. Since Thunt has always been upfront about his absences and quick to alert us when things are delayed it's not an unreasonable request. Unfortunately, I don't know his location any more precisely than 'Canada' so I can't be of help. Does anyone know his address or at least have a nearby city?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 am

I don't think that's necessarily warranted at "5 days without a comic update", I think the authorities would consider it a weird request. Maybe in a few more days.

Bad At Jokes
Whispers Softly

Post by Bad At Jokes » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:36 am

We don't have the right to send someone round because if Tarol is dead and Danielle is grieving and we send authorities round like a collective of overly attached girlfriends...

KellPayth
Remains Silent

Post by KellPayth » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:54 am

I'm less concerned about the lack of a comic update than I am by this mysterious silence across social media. For some other webcomic creators this hiatus would hardly cause concern. For example, Rich Burlew (of Order of the Stick) often goes longer than this without any kind of word or update so I expect that. Thunt is a different person entirely. I can't remember the last time he went such a stretch without any kind of contact.

More importantly, the suggestion wasn't an attempt for us, the fans, to learn anything. If something HAS gone horribly wrong then the authorities should be notified so they can help, if possible. To be honest, I wouldn't expect them to report back to us what they learn. While I am curious about what has transpired, my curiosity has taken a backseat here to ensuring the welfare of someone we all obviously care about.

That said, I concede the middle of the night is hardly the appropriate time for such an act. Hopefully we will hear something from Thunt himself soon and we can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:00 am

KellPayth wrote:For example, Rich Burlew (of Order of the Stick) often goes longer than this without any kind of word or update
That is actually not true at all.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 am

I did send his mother a direct message on Twitter and left a comment on her blog, both of which should have given her email notifications. No need for everyone to flood her. But, as noted, she hasn't posted in months.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

binarytears
Mutters to Themself

Post by binarytears » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:47 am

I'm really worried too. Hearing nothing from either of them for an uncharacteristically long interval is definitely cause for concern.
Can someone who knows their address, and is in Canada, please make a 'concern for welfare' check with the local police?
Tarol and Danielle Hunt. Last heard from 07:09 PM February 16.
I don't think that is unreasonable or stalkerish, considering.
Another possibility is car accident. Icy roads, driving to the city for a conference...

Or, my stupid imagination running amuck thinks those last two tweets could have been from a hospital bed.

Talos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Talos » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:49 am

Staying calm is the best option. If we don't hear a word in a whole week, then something is probably up, although it is likely going to be nothing more than a power or internet outage combined with a long and possibly amusing story when Thunt actually does get back to us.

notimportant
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: not_important

Post by notimportant » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:11 am

Their internet has gone out before, and then it took no more than a few hours before Thunt let people know (by posting from elsewhere). I think he's working on the next pages, which may be of the kind where it's impossible to break them into separate updates. The silence is probably because he doesn't want to reveal the nature of the next event in the comic.

Dariune
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Dariune » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:38 am

I think it is worth leaving them be until theyare able/want to let us know what is going on.

The chances are something has gone wrong be it minor like internet going out or major like health issues.

Whatever the situation, had they wanted to, they would have let us know what is going on. I don't think we can chase for an update. Whatever they are going through Thunt needs or wants to do so without us.

And I can't imagine a situation where us chasing for information would in any way be beneficial to Thunt.

That being the case I think the best we can do is Tweet or post here our well wishes and leave them to update us as and when they are ready.

Just my thoughts.