Nerre
Game Master

Re: Thread of reality - OOC thread

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:ÔÇ£It is a shame that I have
<Wall of text >
(get rapier from the now not goblin)

...what?
Oh come on....i do want to play this game but NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT :wall: ... thats 3 pages or more! I think it is kind of unfair towards the others to write about 90% of the text of an update, even including mortimer...thats just crazy. I know you like writing and i don't complain about the quality, but please also think about others who have to read it, too. What brings great pleasure to you can lessen the pleasure of others. I wrote often enough that I don't that much time and Mortimer also has to read and react on the whole thing to write his update. It took me about 15 minutes to read it. 15!!! for the post of one player. It takes less to reas all posts in Curse of the gold normally. Come on, really?

Let others have some time in the spotlight too, or how you say that in english. Your char is part greed element, not you. ;)
:zzz:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Nerre, the vast majority of Burns' post is a recap of the game so far. only the little paragraph at the end is relevant to the current update.

Also, yes, we've already got the +2 magic sword. And I'm sure you've only got to attack on the turn it dies, since turn order like that has never really mattered before.
That said, if you don't want it, I'm sure we could always sell it for loads of gold.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Dusk9 wrote:Nerre, the vast majority of Burns' post is a recap of the game so far. only the little paragraph at the end is relevant to the current update.
Well i know that now after reading it. ;)
Dusk9 wrote:Also, yes, we've already got the +2 magic sword. And I'm sure you've only got to attack on the turn it dies, since turn order like that has never really mattered before.
That said, if you don't want it, I'm sure we could always sell it for loads of gold.
Thanks, but without a good shield it would only lower Drowns attack power. It sounds good though. But i am not sure if "keep it for later" is a good choice right now, maybe getting something like the focus gem instead might be more helpfull right now. Or greater heal which is +3 instead of Drowns +1, which would be even more powerful than the gem. another +1 is less than +3.

But so far i got only 22 gold. Maybe I will earn some more, depending on what happens. Wasn't as lucky as some of you.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Nerre wrote:Thanks, but without a good shield it would only lower Drowns attack power. It sounds good though.

But so far i got only 22 gold. Maybe I will earn some more, depending on what happens. Wasn't as lucky as some of you.
In addition to the money we had originally, the money we got from the players who left totals 123 gold, which we're deciding how to spend as a group. According to ObsidianPortal, a +3 shield costs ten gold. I think we can probably afford one for you, but just in case we can't, we can sell the +2 shield we have on hand to get enough money for it. :roll:

And we don't know how much the sword heals for, because we haven't seen the maximum amount of healing it can do yet.

And, Burns, if it's that much of a problem for Nerre, then do you think you could include a TL;DR section at the end of some of Cut's longer rants?
Last edited by Godbot on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:22 pm

I will add a tl/dr version...but I do not appreciate being yelled at for being in character. And he is pride, not greed. If he was greed wouldn't he keep the focus item for himself (especially since he bought it) he thinks himself as superior to that.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 am

Update will probs be tomorrow.

Also? Because I'm in a good mood? Some advice: Don't spend all your money if your heading for pirate's cove.

I was going to make you find out the hard way by only making you realize that when you read the damn "brochure" of it or actually arrive there, but oh well.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:30 am

I already bought the holy symbol before hand so I should have that (and 11 gp left) not sure how much a crystalist is...but....if I get it we can get MORE money due to wordsling shenanigans. Presigitation might be just for role play.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 am

All right, that's good to know. Thanks.

I say we read the brochure first, just to be safe, but still buy some version of that full-party shield spell and save the rest of our plans for later. (Except for my new arrows, which I'll buy myself, and possibly Drowns' new shield if Nerre ever makes a decision about that.)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I will add a tl/dr version...but I do not appreciate being yelled at for being in character. And he is pride, not greed. If he was greed wouldn't he keep the focus item for himself (especially since he bought it) he thinks himself as superior to that.
Sorry, did mix it up due to the long pause. We killed pride but you applies the pride essence. I did not yell, just asking you for about the second or third time to also keep me in mind when writing long things. I might have to skip them - not willingly - and therefore miss the important parts in it.

I would like the option to switch to tank if we have a +2 sword and +2 shield at hand. Maybe we could also keep the +4 sword, since it is very strong. That way I could either switch or somebody else could use it. Maybe we won't get such a strong weapon again, and I liked the idea of it being his default weapon.

I just looked for a while but did not find the list of those of left. Who is gone? You can PM me if the rest already knows.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:14 pm

I generally read all caps as yelling :? . So yea...you did yell at me.

You always make fun of me for writing so much and say that I like writing...you don't know me at all...Cut was a way to increase my writing skills. He helped a bit. (Along with the november writing month). He was supposed to be a challenge on my skills and now he's ...ingrained into me a bit. It is now hard for me to write short for him. Even if I am in a hurry and don't have much time....

Not only that....but you spend quite a bit of time yourself complaining rather than focusing on the update.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Nerre wrote:I would like the option to switch to tank if we have a +2 sword and +2 shield at hand. Maybe we could also keep the +4 sword, since it is very strong. That way I could either switch or somebody else could use it. Maybe we won't get such a strong weapon again, and I liked the idea of it being his default weapon.
Sure, sounds good. And Boom (if he ever does anything) could make good use of the two-handed sword, too, since he has to wield every weapon two-handed anyway.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I generally read all caps as yelling :? . So yea...you did yell at me.
I don't obey to every singel rule the internet got. What was written in CAPS was a quote from a famous meme, which says "nobody got time for that" in the end. I expected you to know that. Nothing else was in CAPS, since i normally don't like it except for onomatopoeia, headers, or indicating that a char is indeed yelling.

Please don't take things personal before asking back if it really was ment that way, especially non-natives like me. ;)

@Godbot: Ok, then I will keep the 2 hander as default until somebody needs it and take the +2 singlehand sword and +2 shield as an option too tank. No need to buy a +3 shield, better get some more healing or spell storing items (focus items).

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Alright, now then if I can have the 2 handed sword that restores upon killing? That would be a boon for Boom
Also the leather cap and it looks like I need to buy a hell of a lot of armor...what have we got in terms of funds?
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 pm

The Last post I recall was Boomer was studying Alchemy in the tower...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Quarg wrote:Alright, now then if I can have the 2 handed sword that restores upon killing? That would be a boon for Boom
Also the leather cap and it looks like I need to buy a hell of a lot of armor...what have we got in terms of funds?
It's complicated. We have a lot of money but we've been advised not to spend it quite yet. Please read the OOC thread.

By the way, do you ever intend to fix those broken gnome goggles I got you? Because if you aren't going to do anything with them, I'd like them back so that I can find someone to fix them myself.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 pm

I completely forgot them actually...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:13 am

Quarg wrote:Alright, now then if I can have the 2 handed sword that restores upon killing? That would be a boon for Boom
Thats a one handed sword, and we just talked about giving it and the +2 shield to Drowns so he can talk if necessary.
If not necessary he will keep swinging his +4 two handed sword cause wielding it feels like screaming "rightjous justice". :D

Maybe we should do the inventory again. I also could not find an answer to my question about who left or who is still in, a list might be nice. Then I could try to do the inventory.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 am

Are we still getting supreme ward? Because I will get it before returning.....screw it, I am buying it now, we are likely needing it.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:34 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Are we still getting supreme ward? Because I will get it before returning.....screw it, I am buying it now, we are likely needing it.
+3 DEF sounds good for 50 gold.

I would like to buy
greater heal: Restores 3 HP, 120 gold
and maybe combine it with this, not necessary used by Drowns, but somebody else:
Greater focus object: Stores a spell. This spell can be used by anyone freely. 40 gold

Thats a +6 in one turn and could prevent further near-wipe-experiences like we had during the fight with the love-machine-elemental.
The focus object could be used as a rechargable +3 healing potion.

I got onl 22 gold (until the healer woman gives Drowns some of the gold she just got from Ansem) which I would put into the healing spell. So i am 98 gold short right now.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 am

120g for +1 health seems like a bad deal, to me. Especially since we've already got three healers on our team (Cut, Drowns, and Boom). There are plenty of other things which we need more than that, which are also much more affordable.

As for who we've lost - we no longer have Dares (Beserker), Happy (Rogue), or Beatings (Warrior). Fortunately, only one of those is a bad loss when it comes to team composition - we''ve still got a Beserker for heavy melee damage, and we've effetively got three tanks in the form of a Cleric and two Paladins, so that isn't a problem. The only thing we're really missing is a sneaky guy. Though I suppose Studies and Born could maybe pick up the slack there?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 am

I am considering allowing multiclassing. However, I'm not sure in what way I'd have it work that it'd, well, work. Nor if I'd allow you guys to respec, respec if you find/purchase some kind of item, or whether you'd need to find an item to multiclass in the first place etc etc.

Also I'm vaguely surprised none of the old players flipped a shit. I was expecting shits to be flipped. Oh well.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 am

Huh? What would cause this flipping of shits you are referring to?

As for the multiclassing: how about a class chain-loop, with the classes being linked by common factors, and where you could only multiclass into an adjacent class?

Like so;
Beserker -(Melee Combat)-> Warrior -(Tank)-> Paladin -(Healing)-> Cleric -(Magic)-> Mage -(Ranged)-> Ranger -(Squishy/Sneaky)-> Rogue -(High Damage)-> Beserker

I just came up with that order off the top of my head, but it shows the idea quite well - basically, players would be able to take levels in an adjacent class whenever they wanted, getting access to skills they otherwise couldn't have gotten.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 am

The dropping of a certain name. I figured he'd have been more memorable seeing how intent you guys were on killing him. >:D

Hmm, that's one idea. I'll think about it...

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:25 am

I'd be happy to multiclass into rogue somehow. I feel like ranged combat is cool and all, but I could be contributing more to the group in-game.

Edit: Just thought I'd put my thoughts on this here so I can stop thinking about them, instead of making another post full of numbers and chatter. I'll spoiler it, since I've been writing a lot of walls of text lately.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Godbot on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:47 am

I wouldn't mind to pick up some taunt skills out of the warrior line.

Dusk: the +3 hp healing spell would be +2 for me, not +1. While some have +2 hp healing spells, i still only got +1 hp spells, of which i can only use on in battle. So witht he focus item AND the spell, i would actually go from +1 hp in battle to +6 hp. That is an +5 upgrade, not only +2.
Also, i am not sure if i could heal every turn since moving and fighting while tanking takes most of my available actions away. The greater focus is a free action, so i still could do once for free what else would cost 3 minor actions.