Tempts Fate 11 (update 27 December!)

Discuss the comic here!
someone
Whispers Softly

Re: Tempts Fate 11 (update 17 may!)

Post by someone » Mon May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

RocketScientist wrote:
Kelten wrote:mmm, Waffles...
bye bye lucretiaaos, im going to rename you Complain-aout-not-getting-donation-stuff-despite-not-donaiting
:lol:
Krulle wrote:Can Moose or one of the other Mods make a special group "Ragequitters", with "Ragequitted" as title?
Personally, I think that would be hilarious. Which probably means that it's mean, and we shouldn't do it. :oops:
If you do it, I fear I have to ragequit over something stupid just to get the title and then come back to wear it, like a mask, over my face, and do my little cookie dance...
Wait, where did that come from?

On Tempts Fate: Yay! And no apology needed, you give us so much... a great comic, a lot of fun and a place to cyber- hang-out with our e-maginary friends. We should thank you more often.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue May 21, 2013 8:34 am

Back on topic -- may I just say I LOVED the jab at GenCon in panel 3. Having only learned about the event, and then attending for the first time ever last year, I was really laughing over that frame!

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 pm

NOOooooooo-o-o-o-o-!!! Not back ON TOPIC! You MUSTN'T!

Because that would be, you know, normal or somethin'.

mnem
And you don't want that! Noo!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Complaining about everything... Horribly, I am.

Post by Krulle » Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 am

Now with the SFF, our beloved Mr. Tarol Stephens (THunt) has finally updated the Tempts Fate 11 page with all the missing comics and the first SFF page. :)

Thank you, Thunt!

Now, the Shield of Wonder page could use such an update too. ;)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Tobias F├╝nke, M.D.
Remains Silent

Post by Tobias F├╝nke, M.D. » Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 am

I am disappointed that we never got to actually see Tempts Fate enter or exit that hellhole. Oh well.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 am

Well, he entered, now we are searching for Tempts Fate, once we found him, we should receive the last page with him exiting the hell.

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Scur
Remains Silent

Post by Scur » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:46 pm

So. Even with the "quick sketch" idea, which still looks good to me btw, it's becoming months without an update. Same old, same old.

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Post by Catmandont » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 am

Scur wrote:So. Even with the "quick sketch" idea, which still looks good to me btw, it's becoming months without an update. Same old, same old.
With THunt's new schedule and 'countdown timer', I would expect that he'll have more free time to focus on catching up, other than constantly being behind.

I'm still patient, though I say that as a person who DIDN'T donate (I started reading well after that period).
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 am

Well, by now we know that at least all Altsplanations will come, sooner or later (I think the latter)...
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/361156706681622529 wrote:All 217 alts will some day be 'splained.

Miryafa
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: Miryafa

Post by Miryafa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 pm

So whatever happened to the search for Tempts Fate? I mean... Did he ever escape Waffles?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:32 am

We might have to send another group down that specific prison to free the first searching party.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:20 am

So, the new title of that will be... "The Hunt for The Search for Tempts Fate" :lol:

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:13 am

It's Alien movies patent.
If the search crew is lost... send another one. Less numbered.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:04 am

Okay, who shot Scur? That "thunk" certainly sounded like he was being shot, at any rate.

Anyway, I don't donate because I can't, but my understanding was that it was just a donation thing, not some sort of Kickstarter for a webcomic with the rewards being him living longer or anything. If the pages are late, that's fine as long as they get done eventually, as far as I'm concerned. My only problem with the SFTF is that the prison should be named Pancakes. Much more impressive than Waffles.
RocketScientist wrote:<regular Goblins reader voice>If this Thunt-guilting slows down the main comic any more, I'm killing every single one of you. And then, I'm rezzing you, and killing you again. tiny rage --> :fume: <-- see it raging? </rGrv>

Updated first post.
"Guilt Thunt again and I'll kill you twice," eh? That sounds strangely familiar...
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm

8)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:04 am

Borys wrote:It's Alien movies patent.
If the search crew is lost... send another one. Less numbered.
Difficult. SFF actually only sent one to Biscuit to find Tempts Fate.
The next group would then be.... (blank)

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:07 am

Where have all good men gone
And where are all the gods?
WhereÔÇÖs the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

IsnÔÇÖt there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream of what I need

I need a hero
IÔÇÖm holding out for a hero ÔÇÿtil the end of the night
HeÔÇÖs gotta be strong
And heÔÇÖs gotta be fast
And heÔÇÖs gotta be fresh from the fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrLVgR6J84
Search party for Tempts Fate... we need a proven hero and winner who is fresh from fight and looking for a new challenge. Who could that be? I think we can all agree that one name fits this better than all others...

The Mighty Psi-Max! He has just proven himself by winning maze of many, he has time now for a new mission, and he really cares about saving others from pain and suffering!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:33 am

THAT just earned me confused looks from my co-workers.
Thank you. :rofl:

OnceUponATime
Whispers Softly

Post by OnceUponATime » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Krulle wrote: SFF actually only sent one to Biscuit to find Tempts Fate.
The next group would then be.... (blank)
it's Waffles, not Biscuit

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 am

Eh? my fault, indeed.
Thanks.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:11 am

OnceUponATime wrote:it's Waffles, not Biscuit
Maybe they decided they needed to get Biscuit so that he could be arrested for being too awesome as well and then help rescue Tempts? That would explain where the other one is :P
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

OnceUponATime
Whispers Softly

Post by OnceUponATime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 pm

the sketches don't match a huge orc. Otherwise I would agree it's a reasonable assumption :P

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Tempts Fate 11 / Search for Fate

Post by Krulle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 am

I just saw something posted in a different thread, and I thought that this seems to be the official end for TF11 and SFF... :(

I think it is relevant for here, so I'll copy-pasta:
Thunt wrote:It is shitty that I haven't drawn the last page for Tempts Fate. Bad At Jokes is right. Let's discuss it a bit.

I'm kidding myself, thinking that I'll be able to squeeze in a detailed, high quality TF page without taking time off the comic to draw it. The drive promised four TF pages, which I delivered, but then I stupidly promised a fifth for no reason other than being emotionally moved by the generosity of the people who donated. My three choices are...

1. I take time off the comic to draw it.
2. I phone it in, drawing something quick and lacking.
3. I don't do it.

I hate all three choices, but that's all there is. I started attempting option 2, with a crudely drawn set of pages, but I hate drawing unfinished looking stuff like that. The mentality was that if I draw a handful of unfinished, crappy pages, it'll sort of feel like I've done enough. I keep kidding myself, thinking I'll somehow find the time to draw something awesome for it.

I should have just drawn the four pages and been done with it. Now I've drawn a total of six pages and I've dug myself into a hole, owing more pages still. It's really dumb.

Bad At Jokes, I feel terrible that you're feeling this way. If you email me the name you donated under, I'll check my records and gladly give you a refund for the amount you gave during the TF run. I'm really sorry.
Well, better to have an end to end, than waiting for ages.
It's a pity, but then the finishing and general glossiness of the TF pages made them so work-load heavy that the comic indeed would have to stay back.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Re: Tempts Fate 11 (update 28 may!)

Post by Kelten » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:10 am

Woho! new uppdate!
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: Tempts Fate 11 (update 27 may!)

Post by Xavier78 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:50 am

Jumping down peoples throats for being upset at the update schedule should not be something a Mod encourages. Is it crap? Yeah, kinda, but those very few people are entitled to their opinions. Nothing good ever came from a forum full of fanboys and elitists. Let them vent their frustration without the "let the door hit you", rude crap.