The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
I'mBob
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 20: The First Night)

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:48 pm

► Show Spoiler
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:58 am

Kin blinks, then rubs her eyes, mumbling "Is it morning already, it feels like I just went to sleep...?" then she looks around and sees all the other goblins just standing around.
When Swallows asks, what they all are doing in her dream, she thinks to herself "... but I thought that this was MY dream...", but says nothing.

When the glowing stone speaks up, asking who chooses the path of the warrior, Kin does speak up, after all.
"While I am prepared to fight for my friends in times of danger or when faced with threats, I don't enjoy doing that. So no, I don't think this is the path for me."
When Dances steps forward eagerly, she quietly smiles and nods, feeling that he is the right goblin for this path.

Summary: just RP, NO action.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:25 am

Writes wakes up to the sound of voices.

"You will never believe what I just dreamed..." she starts, and recounts the dream she had. She ends with "There are multiple stones on the Island.. one for the Mother, the Warrior, the Farmer, the Magus, the Smith, and the Assassin. We've seen many of these stones on the Island so far. I saw a strange one near where the fish are, it looked like a gravestone with a hole in it."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 am

"I uh...saw everybody asides uh you facing ..something. Said it was path of the warrior and Dances went through. Something about needing to do it or something... I forgot sorry. I don't think I would fit any..."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 am

Very sorry to have to do this folks, but with the D&D game yesterday taking so much prep and folk coming round tonight for a poker game, I just need more time for today's update than I'm going to get I'm afraid. The Stone Quests are a little bit experimental so I need a bit of time to make sure they're done the way I want.

So, today is a skip day but we'll be back on Wed.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 am

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:05 am

yeah ok, I'll tell you about that instead :D I'll put it in the other thread though, and probably not for about an hour, cos I'm just leaving work the now.

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 am

► Show Spoiler
Still unsure whether this is a shared dream or just a really weird one of her own, Swallows hangs back quietly while the others reflect on how good a warrior they'd be. After her mishap with the cutlass and nearly skewering Writes, clearly that is not the path for her.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am

Once shackled decides being watch is enough/waking up from an accidently nap he moves down and starts moving the barrel up towards the campsite
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 20: Daybreak)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Turn 20: Daybreak

"Uh I do not, for I am no warrior. My preference relies on stealth instead brute force. Sorry."
"What are you all doing in my dream? I was expecting something roasted and delicious..."
"While I am prepared to fight for my friends in times of danger or when faced with threats, I don't enjoy doing that. So no, I don't think this is the path for me."

One by one, the goblins turn away from the stone and return to their bodies. But something resonates with Dances and he reaches out towards the runes...

The goblins wake up, ready to face their first day as truly free creatures! Silver feels particularly refreshed, but since she was already at full health, she's just going to have to make do with feeling mildly invigorated instead. Dances appears to be completely unconscious...

Dances meanwhile has entered the stone and now finds himself walking along a path under the stars. It's a pleasant place to be. After a little while, he is aware of a presence by his side. Turning to look he finds a tall, grey-clad stranger walking beside him.

"Well met little warrior! I was wondering who would choose this path. Fitting that the warrior braves the first trial and on the first opportunity is it not? Hahahaha! I hope you have the strength to see it through.

Now I expect you are as uninformed as your companion? No matter, we have a little way to go and you can listen while we walk. Many ages ago, these stones served as altars to the Great Maglubiyet. Warriors would leave offerings at the stones and pray for strength in combat or protection for their comrades in battle. Sometimes, those who showed the greatest promise would be allowed to prove themselves within the dreamworld. If they succeeded, they would return as heroes; if not they rarely returned at all. You stand on the edge of that ancient path now little one. It is a great honour. But be warned: the ancient blessings that Maglubiyet placed on these stones have been left alone too long and have started to become... chaotic. Try to keep hold of what is real! Now time marches onwards and I can go no further with you. Good luck!"

Suddenly, Dances feels the ground lurch and he is falling! Next thing he knows, he is adrift on a little raft in the middle of the sea. At least, it would be the sea, except the water appears to be full of blades and his little raft is rapidly being chopped to pieces! Off in the distance he spots a small island... On the plus side, it seems like his burns don't exist here.

------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

"Yawwwnn." Treasure wakes up.
"Morning, everyone. Anyone have plans about what we should do today? Anyone else had some strange dreams?"
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Dances will jump from his rapidly sinking boat onto the island, if possible he will attempt to drag the boat onto shore as well.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 am

ImageKin stretches a bit and replies to Treasure's first question: "Well, we could try and get as much materials here as possible. All those other planks that are lying all around the island, the chest that Swallows unlocked, the empty barrel - which we could fill with drinking water, if we find some - more food, if you are able to catch some of those fish or the monkeys on the palm trees ..." Her voice trails off as she watches Dances unconscious form with a bit of concern. "Why doesn't he wake up?" she asks. "I hope he just was super tried yesterday, and needs to sleep in a bit. I would like to stay here and keep an eye on him, just in case."
With this, she sits down in the sand again, pulls out her sticks and tries to make them into (a) sewing needle(s).
Image If she is successful (or there aren't any more sticks to try again, if she is unsuccessful), she will try to cut one of the boot soles to fit a goblin foot.

Summary:
Action: try to work those sticks into (a) sewing needle(s)
If unsuccessful and there are more sticks, Action: try again
Else, Action: try to cut the boot sole(s) to fit a goblin's feet (if no one else is around to lend their feet to measure, use own feet to put on the soles and cut around them, being very careful not to cut self and also not to waste any more material, than necessary.)

Pictures, reposted, for everyone's convenience:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 am

Oh - and I should have mentioned, but the next update will likely be on Saturday. Got a hen do on Friday night so will need a short delay :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:42 am

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:47 am

For the purposes of these sections, ESP is disabled. So Dances has no idea what is happening to the others in the 'real' world, and they have no idea what's happening to him. It's convenient to have it for the main game because otherwise no-one would ever split up to explore and the game would take FOREVER, but you're on you're own for this part anyway so consider it turned off :)

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:05 am

Swallows-a-Key

Image "You guys are never going to believe the dream I had last night!" Swallows stretches her limbs and is audibly reminded of having spent all day skilling yesterday instead of eating. "I am famished! My first act today shall be to get a good taste of those ants you found yesterday. Yo, Dances, the sun is up, lazy-head! Dances?"

Suddenly worried, Swallows goes over and gently nudges Dances, then goes on to shake him when he doesn't respond. She looks at Kin. "He's not waking up! Does anyone remember whether he's the one who ate those blue plants or something?"

Actions:
Minor: check whether Dances is physically ok

Assuming one of the others suggests the link between his lack of consciousness and the shared dream, and after Kin reassures her that she's going to stick around to keep an eye on Dances:

Move: North
Major: find a suitable stick to catch ants with

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 am

"Uh....I ate the blue plants. They were nasty. Not good for food. Maybe for anesetic....I wonder....Can I borrow a knife or something pointy?"

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 am

Writes recounts her own dream from the night before and listens to the others recount theirs.

She decides that perhaps building a shrine would be a good idea, so she goes to the shore to search for shells.

Move: South to the shore
Action: Search shore for shells or stones

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Treasure hands Silver his cutlass. "Sure, whatever, I don't have much use with it anyway.."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Sliver goes to get some planks, wood and starts carving darts.