Theis2 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 19)

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 am

Treasure shakes his head.
"Hmm? Wha.. what? sorry..." he says and goes to where ever the campsite is/going to be.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Island (Turn 19)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:54 am

thinkslogically wrote:
Theis2 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I assumed we all went to sleep but I doubt that is what is going to happen now, so I changed my action to move just South of the camp rather than just move to the camp
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 20)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Turn 20

The goblins all head back towards the camp. Well, all of them except Shackled, who moves one area south of the camp. All on his own in the wilds, he will be forced to forgo sleep and instead prepares to keep watch through the night. As usual, the monkey-things screech at him for a while, but they eventually quieten down.

"Oh, Dances... do you want help with that?"
"Thank you for your help swallows, this thing is...huff....really heavy....hrrmmph..."

Swallows has to leave her chest behind to help Dances haul the sail up to the campsite.

"What a beautiful sunset! And thanks to Maglubiyet we made it through our first day here alive, even if beaten up a little on some accounts... Hopefully we can get through our first night without too much trouble as well."

Write uses a couple of blue leaves to scoop up some guano en route, where Kin is making the campsite a little more homely. It's basically a big sandy circle, but she does what she can to dig out some sleeping-holes and make it a little bit nicer. She doesn't find anything she can use as a needle though.

Night falls over the little island...

------------------------
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 20: The First Night)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 am

The First Night

One by one, the goblins drift off to sleep but their night is hardly restful... All night long, they are plagued with strange dreams of chains and slaveships and beckoning doorways in dark, cold stone.

"Well met little one!"

"What is this - who - Maglubiyet? Oh gods forgive me, I didn't know it was you today, I - "

"Peace! I told you not to worry! I like to have a bit of fun with the new ones is all. And no, I'm not Maglubiyet, I am simply one of his messengers. As you will be if you choose the path."

"The path? I don't understand! And why me? Why not one of the others?"

"You have a natural talent for the magical little one, that is all. It is a rare thing amongst the goblin races, but sometimes it is allowed to shine through. Your people have traditionally called such individuals 'Tellers' and honour them as befitting to any who would channel the strength of their god's divine powers. Most of your people are rather thick-skulled you see, and they are difficult for even the gods and their messengers to talk to. Even you little one, have been out of reach for some time now... Now you are here though things are, well, easier. Anyway, it's all quite simple really: Maglubiyet has seen your plight and wishes to bestow his blessing upon you, so that you may draw on his strength in the days to come and build a name for you and your kin again that all the nations of the world shall tremble to hear! You ARE strong you know, you and your people here. You'll need that strength if you are to survive here, but then Maglubiyet does like to reward the strong."

"Reward us how?"

"Hahahahah! With whatever you desire little one! But if you wish his aid, you must first prove your devotion; after all, where does a god gain his power from if not from his followers?"

"Of course... But what could I possibly offer?"

"Whatever you can do little one. Prayers, offerings, shrines: all are acts of faith, and all are pleasing to him. And your clanmates can perform these acts as well. If Maglubiyet is pleased, you will be rewarded with a gift of power, which will be bestowed upon you to use as you see fit. Just as you were able to heal your companion earlier today, so can you protect them from harm or throw down your enemies! But take care not to ask for too much! Gods of war are not always as patient as others!"

"Of course! Thank you... Will you be here to help me?"

"Oh yes! You and I have much work to do together yet! Now, speaking of which, I have other business I must discuss with you. We don't have much time left tonight...

"Many generations ago, a warrior tribe inhabited this island and worshiped the gods of war. They did not know Maglubiyet by the names you call him, but they worshiped him nonetheless. In his honour, they built mighty temples and spilled the blood of their enemies and in return he blessed the tribe and gave them his protection. That protection such as it was, was channeled through the six Guardian Stones: the Mother, the Warrior, the Farmer, the Magus, the Smith and the Assassin. Each stone fulfilled a different purpose and together formed a powerful ward against those who would rise against the warrior folk.

"Unfortunately, as all mortal things tend to do, those people eventually faded from the world and all traces of their existence were slowly washed away by the tides of time. But magic endures where mortals do not! And yet it is a capricious thing, and when left to its own devices it can become... unruly. With no followers left, Maglubiyet could no longer control the magics he had wrought into the stone and they have become somewhat chaotic of late. Still, now you are here it shouldn't be an issue any more!

"If you wish to regain control of those magics, one of your kind must enter each stone, but they cannot pass in mortal form for they are too fragile to survive the journey. For your kind, the path lies through the dreamworld, as I'm sure they are discovering now... I cannot say what they will each find beyond the stone gates, but if you wish to restore the full power of the Guardian Stones, they must each make the journey and return victorious."

"They? Are you saying I can't go?"

"Your task in this will come later, little one. Have patience! Listen now, for there is something else you must know! Deep in the heart of this island lies an ancient treasure, which is more valuable than you can imagine. It has inflamed the hearts of your mortal brethren with greed and desire and will spell your death if any are allowed to claim it as their own. You must not allow it to be taken! Now, awaken little child! It is morning and your enemies are not far away... As your shadows vanish, look to the sea."

As Write begins to stir, the other goblins continue to dream of a beckoning gateway and a whispering voice...

"You stand before the Warrior's Stone. Who seeks this path?"

-------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:41 am

"Uh I do not, for I am no warrior. My preference relies on stealth instead brute force. Sorry."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:44 am

As Dances tosses and turns a forgotten memory urges itself to the surface, warrior....Fighter......something about this warrior fellow seems to strike a cord with him. Within his dream, as he stares at the floating blue thing, he reaches out toward the light, seeking to restore a lost past of himself....warrior..

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:26 am

Writes tosses and turns in her sleep as she converses with Maglubiyet's messenger. She frowns in her sleep when she finds she cannot go into the stones as it would be fascinating, and starts to wonder where she could make her first shrine.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 am

► Show Spoiler
Image "What are you all doing in my dream? I was expecting something roasted and delicious..." Swallows rubs her still grumbling tummy. Stupid foodless dream.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 pm

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 pm

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:03 pm

► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 am

thinkslogically wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 am

Theis2 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:59 am

thinkslogically wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:02 am

Theis2 wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:48 pm

► Show Spoiler
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:05 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm

► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked