Introductions for Forum Regulars

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: Introductions for Forum Regulars

Post by Amara » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 am

I'm Amara. I'm an artist and weird thing uhhhh
I'm a psychology major and criminal justice minor, I bounce around wherever on the forums, and I do art and stuff on the side. I enjoy D&D, but my true baby is oWoD (V:tM,) and I also do text role play. I have more characters than I own socks, but won't bore you with them individually
I also enjoy parkour, though I'm rather out of practice because the area I'm living in presently is very boring and flat. Given the opportunity I climb and bound around on ALL THE THINGS.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:27 am

Well, I'm thinkslogically and I'm a marine biologist currently studying for a PhD in deep-sea fish behaviour & habitat associations. It's mostly cool because my office is frequently a ship, and my fieldwork happens in the Abyss. Also, I really like making pretty graphs!

When I'm not doing that, I'm either out on my boat, SCUBA diving, taking wildlife photos (see my website --->) or online here talking to you fine folk and running / playing a bunch of the forum games :)

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 am

Rejoice Boneguard -also known for his Cthulhu Avatar- is Back!!!!

You may now bow and adulate me :P
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 am

boneguard wrote:Rejoice Boneguard -also known for his Cthulhu Avatar- is Back!!!!

:praise:

Waitnothisisstupid.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am

boneguard wrote:Rejoice Boneguard -also known for his Cthulhu Avatar- is Back!!!!

:woot:

um... but only when you actually get your Cthulu avatar back... right now you look naked...
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 am

Wolfie wrote:

um... but only when you actually get your Cthulu avatar back... right now you look naked...
It's there, only our puny human minds can't comprehend the horror so we're blocking it out.

Ever seen Cthulu naked? OH GOD CTHULU IS ALWAYS NAKED!!
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 am

SccrD25 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

It's there, only our puny human minds can't comprehend the horror so we're blocking it out.

Ever seen Cthulu naked? OH GOD CTHULU IS ALWAYS NAKED!!
Puny human minds? You have one of those? I traded mine away for demi-goddess upgrade long ago. The ego is hell to deal with, but otherwise it was a good investment.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 am

Mind?? Uh...that kinda went away somewhat after becoming an undead creature. I'm just currently under an illusion currently, most don't like my true form.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Finaly, I'm in, or back. Grr, have to add the avatar, again.

Burns, what is up with you choosing a new username, again? I'll just call you Burns anyway, not ALB.

Edit: I like puns, and I read a lot of the games, even if I don't play in them.
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi!,

I'm BadgeAddict,

I'm an engineer by trade and rather than doing my job i spend 50% of my work day looking through the forum. I've given myself my name based on my desire to collect as many medals, badges, etc in any and every game i play. I talk too much, annoy my wife and generally dig myself into holes that i am unable to dig myself out of (but i try). In fact, I have been told that instead of digging my holes with a shovel like everyone else i use a backhoe, which reminds me of a childhood book Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. Though i will say that i learned my lesson and will never post in Controversy ever again (was Spartan).

The truth is, deep inside, i really just want to fit in, who doesn't want that? The problem seems to be, that i act rather foolishly at times in order to reach that goal.

I have an very active imagination and sometimes get lost in thoughts as i drive and then suddenly realize I'm at my house.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Badgeaddict, you are my kinda dude
Wolfie wrote: Puny human minds? You have one of those? I traded mine away for demi-goddess upgrade long ago. The ego is hell to deal with, but otherwise it was a good investment.
lol
Until I can reload my old avatar I don't feel I can claim my true demonic heritage. Kinda like the Master and his fob watch on Doctor Who, except a much less effective form of evil, easily bought off with popcorn. >:(

Edit: Rawr >:-D ah, now I see him

And Burns, as a lich, I hate you. Your souls are completely locked away! That's cheating! How am I saposta get it to Hell now?! :rant:
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote: Burns, what is up with you choosing a new username, again? I'll just call you Burns anyway, not ALB.
The arch lich is an alt that I used a few times in thuntworld serial killers put posted elsewhere that I am an arch lich, so Arch Lich Burns. Anyways, Burns is fine.

I choose arch lich because arch liches are amazing, awesome, undead things.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
ThroughTheWell wrote: Burns, what is up with you choosing a new username, again? I'll just call you Burns anyway, not ALB.
The arch lich is an alt that I used a few times in thuntworld serial killers put posted elsewhere that I am an arch lich, so Arch Lich Burns. Anyways, Burns is fine.

Yeah, I like liches. I just can't handle the confusion: burns, burning bees, ALB. I keep it simple; U B Burns.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:30 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:

Yeah, I like liches. I just can't handle the confusion: burns, burning bees, ALB. I keep it simple; U B Burns.
I bee burns? :P And arch liches are very similar to liches, but with minor differences.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm

They live under arches? Well, not live..
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 am

Zathyr wrote:They live under arches? Well, not live..
Buahah no.. they are able to get away for being in 'good' aligned parties, unlike the lich. I prefer them a bit more because even though they have a similar...stigma because they look so similar, people can't really just kill them and assume they are evil, because they are typically non evil alignment. They have some various other things that differ, but that is the biggest.

Alaphos
Remains Silent

Post by Alaphos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:26 pm

I am Alaphos and I have to much time. I think that is all. :P

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm

I have subtly replaced reddit with this forum now at work. It's what they get for promoting me and putting me at a computer for the entire day now. Jerks. I'm corny, enjoy word play, enjoy trying to sing songs with lyrics I make up at the top of my lungs until my wife throws something at me. I enjoy roleplay, more for the story than anything else. I served in the military and I'm getting ready to go back to university for physical education and kinesiology (very related). I love to read, but I burn through books at an insane pace.

I like making up stories and hope to revive a comic I did back in high school with microsoft paint. Should be fun when I figure out GIMP a little more :).
Games:
► Show Spoiler

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Wolfie wrote:

And Voilà!! Great Cthulhu is back!
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:23 am

Glad to see the forum here, impressed at all the work done on it, and lookign forward to being a productive time waster here again - Tofu, otherwise known as Foul Tofu ...

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am

hello my name is asks And apparently I'm a superhero
well I was I manly sleep these days
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Hello, I'm Daughter of Yahweh (Doy), remembered faintly by some as ThinksAlot.

Sometimes I can be very active in this community and draw attention to myself, but most of the time I lay dormant and plagued by the inconveniences of real life. But it's always encouraging to re-establish my presence here, from time to time.

HerdsCats
Of Few Words
UStream Username: HerdsCats
Location: Somewhere between a tub and a sharp pointy set of teeth

Post by HerdsCats » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello hello hello :3

Despite the name HerdsCats, I'm actually not cat crazy. But most days, I feel like getting the things I need to get accomplished is like herding cats - that is to say impossible, improbable, and downright unpleasant. I used to be a lot more regular (both here and in the live feed) than I am currently. Two jobs + a kid + a dog + a propensity to migraine headaches = NOT FUN. Isn't math great? Hopefully my life will even itself out a bit soon so that I can be on more frequently. I'd like to pick back up the game I was running.
My name is HerdsCats. I do the impossible, improbable, and downright unpleasant on a daily basis. How may I help you today?

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm Marnath. I work for minimum wage at a major fast food joint, and I like my job. When I'm not there I waste my time refreshing the same half a dozen or so forums. :P

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:Hello, I'm Daughter of Yahweh (Doy), remembered faintly by some as ThinksAlot.

Sometimes I can be very active in this community and draw attention to myself, but most of the time I lay dormant and plagued by the inconveniences of real life. But it's always encouraging to re-establish my presence here, from time to time.
Heya! How did that situation with your sister turn out?

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 pm

...what makes you a regular?