"Yes please, that would be sweet."

Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 am

"... Sweet?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:07 am

Deciding he has nothing better to do, Darr├╝k starts looking for some digging and gardening tools... Might as well start with getting that latrine into a workable condition...
-Best regards LAYF

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 pm

"Is there anything else you need of me at the moment? I'm thinking of trying to find some maps of the area, and getting a feel for what the local terrain has in store for us."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Gwen agrees to a tea and waits for the old man to come back. While she waits, she notices that there is an old noticeboard tucked off to one side of the back corridor, with various faded and yellowing messages stuck to it. The most prominent one reads "MISSING CAT!" with a sketch of a perfectly generic-looking cat underneath. She's busy looking at that when the old man totters back through carrying a rattly tray with cups, biscuits and and a precariously-balanced teapot.

"Ah! Noticed my old notices did you? I've been meaning to put that board up somewhere more prominent so that more folk might actually use it, but I'm getting too old to be doing that kind of work any more. Say! You look like a strapping young lass! I don't suppose you'd be willing to help an old man would you and put that back up for me? I'd be most grateful!

But first things first! Pull up a chair and try some of this!

He gestures to a chair around the back of the counter for Gwen to sit in and pours two steaming cups of hot tea.

"So! What brings you to this part of the world besides needing a new mop?"

Mehriv leaves the Inn, and heads to the General Store. He arrives just as the tea is being poured.

"Well good afternoon to you too, sir and welcome to my humble store! I was just pouring myself and my new friend some tea if you'd care for some yourself? It's excellent, I had a fresh shipment just in this morning! You wait right there, I'll fetch another cup."

Without waiting for a reply, the old man totters away into the back room again to fetch another cup.

Back at their shop, the others set to work on clearing the cooking pit for the pigeon. Korrik tosses the pigeon entrails over the drop at the back of the garden (there's a small wall at the top of a steep 10-foot (ish) slope there- not something you'd want to climb up and down a lot, but fine if you're a cat).

Darruk searches around for some tools. He finds a rusty old machete amidst a tangle of roots which should help clear some of the undergrowth a bit. The handle seems to be separating from the blade a bit, but it's still sharp enough to be useful for a spot of gardening. He doesn't find any shovels or anything like that though.

Gwen contemplates going for a wander around the town.

------------------------

(Did you guys need to buy your adventuring gear ICby the way? I know a couple of you had talked about it in the OOC but I don't remember if you just "bought" your stuff pre-game.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:21 pm

"Well good afternoon to you too, sir and welcome to my humble store! I was just pouring myself and my new friend some tea if you'd care for some yourself? It's excellent, I had a fresh shipment just in this morning! You wait right there, I'll fetch another cup."
"Ah, my thanks."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:48 pm

He pootles back through carrying a mismatched teacup and waves at another chair.

"Come on then, don't be shy! Pull up a chair! Your lady friend here was just about to tell me what's brought her to town!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:50 pm

((I have shopping to do, but not for starting stuff, I'm set on that I think. The first thing I'd wanted was a quarterstaff, but I'm set on that, will want to pick up some Thieves' tools... is that something that would be readily available?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:03 pm

((So the thieves tools apparently contains: This set of tools includes a small file, a set of lock picks, a small mirror mounted on a metal handle, a set of narrow-bladed scissors, and a pair of pliers. You'd have thought I'd know that.

I'd say it's not the sort of thing you'd walk into a thief shop and buy as a set, but it's certainly all stuff that you could buy separately and combine into a pack on your own. The only tricky item would be the lockpicks. I'm happy to say you've got a set on you already from your past life, but if you want to take a bit of time to try and find them IC then that's fine.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Gwen sits down. "Ah, we are here in hopes of opening a buisness, delving and deliveries 6 experts. The place we got is....not the best of shape.

Where and when did you last see the cat?"
Gwen asks, noting the poster. She waits for the tea to cool down and watch to see if thehalfling drinks it first and his reaction to it. Mentally she sends to Merhiv <Be careful the it maybe drugged>

(No we did not go to shop yet I need to look and see what else i want)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:17 pm

"SIX experts, eh? That sounds futuristic! New businesses are always good for a town I always say! I hope you've got a good spot somewhere? What will you be selling?"

He smiles happily at you both, and slurps his tea noisily.

"Here, have a biscuit! You can't have tea without a biscuit now, can you?"

((Gwen watched the tea be poured into all three cups from one pot)).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Mehriv brings over the chair and takes a seat, accepting the tea and drinking, frowning slightly at Gwen, "You cannot fully appreciate the quality of tea if you allow it to cool, you must savour it while hot. As for our business, we shall be selling odds and ends, anything of value which can be recovered."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:53 pm

"A man after my own purse I see! Haha! Well, good luck to you! A little competition keeps us all young as I always say! Do you have a supplier lined up for these odds and ends of yours or is that a trade secret?"
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 pm

"That will be something of a secret."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:00 pm

"Say no more, I won't pry! Be sure and tell me when you're open though so I can come and see your store of mysteries for myself! And good luck to you both, I mean that!"

He finishes his tea with a gulp.

"Well, I can see that you're a man with a purpose and I'll not keep you from it. What can I be doing you for? You didn't come here for tea after all!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:01 pm

(I bought my tools pregame, and want to practice with them as I can. Not sure what exactly is in the kits.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:43 pm

"Well soooorry Mr Icaneatfire! I don't like getting my tounge burnt!" Happy that she saw the halfling took a sip first, Gwen puts a biscuit in her tea and eats it.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:55 pm

WearsHats wrote:(I bought my tools pregame, and want to practice with them as I can. Not sure what exactly is in the kits.)
I'll stick it in OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:12 pm

"Hrmph, you're just too frail. My heat tolerance may be exceptional, but any race can consume hot tea."
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:32 am

As it seems everything's under control at the shop, Syli heads out back in the direction of downtown, looking for a town hall or cartographer which might have detailed maps of the area.

((Going to be unavailable for they day, just as a heads-up.))

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:07 am

► Show Spoiler
Darr├╝k starts on fixing the machete with his smiting tools.

Profency roll: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14
+ either dex or str ( 0dex/3str)? Or another? Not sure when fixing tools...

After that (if more time passes or if I'm to slow posting) Darr├╝k will use his own shovel, miners pick and his new machete to fix the latrine....
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:23 pm

((Gwen / Mehriv - if you know what you want to buy, Felix will help you find it now. Also, will you be helping him to put his noticeboard back up?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Back up? Did it fall?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Gwen gets Merhiv to put it back up. :p

Anyways I think the basica for now, lock, lock box, merchant scale, soap, mop oh and some boards to fix the floors/celing

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:43 pm

"Excellent! Well, I'm sure we can find what you need easily enough"

Felix heads through the shop, moving slowly but with certainty as he gathers up the requested items. You're not entirely sure how he's able to find everything so quickly amongst the vast stocks, but he eventually has everything you asked for piled up on the counter.

"There we are. Will that be all? Those are certainly very sensible choices for a new business! That'll be... 27GP & 3 cp, but we'll just call it an even 27 GP. How does that sound?"

((Lock: 10GP
Lock Box: 2GP
Merchant's Scale: 5GP
Soap: 2 cp
Mop & bucket: 2 cp
(Enough) Boards & nails: 10 GP))