The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 5:51 am

Haha! Sure, as long as you use it to your disadvantage, that works fine :)

To be honest, it's mostly for me so I know when you guys should be getting inspiration points!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 31, 2017 7:05 am

Is inspiration (non bardic) basically advantage? Also why did they call bardic inspiration as inspiration? It makes it slightly confusing and I may just say determination instead. :nod:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 7:20 am

Yeah that's going to be even more confusing :lol: If you call it "determination" I'll have no idea what you're talking about (I guarantee I won't remember)! We also don't have a bard in the party, so just calling it inspiration will be fine for the foreseeable future.

Basically, Inspiration Points are awarded for "inspired" role-play I guess (particularly if you RP to your flaws), and yes, it gives you advantage that you can spend (once) on any d20 roll of your choice. You can only have one Inspiration Point at a time. I also tend to forget about it as a mechanic because it's just one more thing to keep in mind, so if you guys ever think that another player deserves an Inspiration Point for something, go ahead and suggest it. I'm unlikely to disagree unless you start taking the piss :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 31, 2017 8:47 am

So would Mehr feel retroactively compelled to help the beekeeper?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Oh heck, I forgot to reply to that. But yeah, I was intending to accept that request anyway... Ah, but the theft happens at night, and the ship leaves at dawn, so there's a conflict there... Well, guess we're walking, folks.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 5:07 pm

And waste time that could be spent saving a kidnapped baby?

Tough choice!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 31, 2017 5:14 pm

How far to the honey guy and the place the ship leaves from? How long will the boat trip take? I've no spell slots I need to retain, so I'd be able to push through and sleep on the boat perhaps? If we want to look into the honey thing tonight... but I'd say the other thing is of higher priority...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed May 31, 2017 5:22 pm

Yeah, I'd say kidnapping takes priority. We can deal with theft when we get back.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Well we were told the ship ride would take no less time than walking, so we lose little to no time. If we spend tomorrow resting we can handle the honey thieves at night and get started that day. Others will be looking for the family, because of the reward, but none will help the beekeeper, so while we may be losing a march on our competition, but the man needs help.

If we all think the kidnapping is most important Mehr will relent, though.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 31, 2017 5:29 pm

Why not do both? Get the thieving job done and maybe spend the night on the boat? I mean if it's as fast as walking we can probably rest on it while it takes us to the destination.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 5:32 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:How far to the honey guy and the place the ship leaves from? How long will the boat trip take? I've no spell slots I need to retain, so I'd be able to push through and sleep on the boat perhaps? If we want to look into the honey thing tonight... but I'd say the other thing is of higher priority...
The honey guy's farm is back at the swing bridge, so you're about an hour away from it right now.(assuming Gwen knows the correct farm to go to).

The ship leaves from the City Docks on the north side (where the Temple is) of the river. The boat trip will take a few days, and although it's not much quicker than walking-pace, it's potentially a more direct route, and an easier one (you will certainly be able to sleep on the ship).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 5:58 pm

The problem with doing both, Burns, is that we don't know when at night the problem occurs. It could be just before dawn, which would leave us with no chance to reach the dock. So, unfortunately, I think we'll have to delay on the beekeeper job.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Well... sounds like we are delaying on both...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Well the ship leaves day after tomorrow, the honey theft stuff only happens at night, it's too late to go deal with that this night, so we could leave tomorrow by foot if we want, or the dawn after to catch the ship. What's everyone think?
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh, sorry... I thought the ship was leaving in the morning...

I don't think Korrik heard about the honey-nappers, but I'd be willing to try tackling that tonight, or tomorrow night and sleeping on the ship...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 pm

I think it's probably too late tonight - The beekeeper never received our response, and showing up randomly would just make him think there are thieves. We can try it tomorrow night, but we don't know if there's time to settle it and get to the docks in time.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 31, 2017 6:52 pm

Oh, and you also had that drunk, tattooed dead guy who Darruk and Gwen think was murdered. That's also on your mystery list :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm

I'll gladly leave that behind so the foolhardy heroes don't get themselves killed right away.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 pm

So... do we want to head out on foot tomorrow, or wait another day and take the boat then? Honey and dead guy to wait for another day?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:54 am

I'm going to hold off any further updates until you guys decide which job you're tackling, but otherwise I'm ready when you are :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:01 am

I say kidnapping comes first but the boat is leaving the day after so maybe we can go for the beeeeeeeeeeees?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:06 am

Yeah, kidnapping should take priority.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:10 am

Kidnapping is the priority.

If we are taking the boat, we have time to meet with the honey guy, do some daytime investigation, and I'm willing to pull a night shift watching for honeynappers before we catch the boat.

If we are going on foot, and leaving before the boat does, we could still meet with him and let him know it's on our list as soon as we return...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:25 am

I'm fine either way.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:39 am

Is anyone else willing to pull a night shift to deal with honeynappers? Also... Korrik would need to be told that was a job we had available...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler