The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Patdragon
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:51 pm

He can feel he's getting a bit more full and slows down a little on his mutton munching.

R3 con -1d20+2=13

Ooc: soz, all my ad-libbing for demo and cutlery .
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:07 am

Maji'ah'l starts to get in the groove of things again and paces himself. Con check [1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:30 am

Holger can't help but take an extra look at her.. backside, wondering what might be wrong with it. Not seeing anything wrong with it, he decides to approach her with a smile and a wave.

"Hi there! How's the entertainment here?"

Woops, wanted to do a perception check last round but forgot, but it was pretty average anyways.
Holger perception: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:41 am

Zephyr approaches the DragonBorn and this time when she gets his attention uses a little more respect toward him, he is an important member of the town after-all.

When she has his attention, she addresses him as politely as she can muster. "Greetings Sir, I am looking for my family. They lived in a small house on the east side of town." She explains in detail the house. "They would have lived there at least 20 years ago." Zephyr then explains what she remembers of the people and town 20 years ago.

History Check: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:43 am

Ulmwin tries to not have himself bothered too much by the other contestants... If they actually showed solidarity for a second, they'd realize how important this was- Important enough to not risk anything by moving. He remembered the months of slaving at the tavern he had to do to help finance his very own lute- If it weren't for the generous donation his friend and employer made- With guarantee he'd put it to good use in the tavern, of course- He'd probably have given up and gotten a simple horn instead..! Not quite as illustrious as a bard and his classical lute...

But he'd realize that's something he'd have to do if he'd break his own lute irreparably somehow- While he considered himself far from poor, it'd be a terrible loss... And for a poor guy like this one, that instrument was likely his life- And losing it would mean years, if not his life, wasted.

So with all that said- Mentally, not out loud- He simply continues the process...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:38 am

"See for yourself. Ulmwin and I warmed up the crowd nicely with a bit of a duet (I'm a dancer you see and I needed a musician). No one else seems to appreciate the value of a good collaboration though and they're all performing solo.

Who are you anyway stranger? Come to enjoy the festivities or are you here on business? "

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:55 am

"I am Holger starwind and I came to do both. I just did a bit of pyrotechnics on the eastern scene to get them fired up. Is Ulmwin the guy crying or the gnome trying to seduce a broken mandolin?"

Holger leans to the side taking another look at the two men focused on the instrument before returning his attention to the woman in front of him.

"Do you have a name or should I just refer to you as the dancing beauty?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:11 am

*Randerwaith*
"So, do you have any news? There are a lot of folks in town for the festival, but I've not had many customers in to chat. I suppose I'll get a chance once I close up and head to the Chalice, but it's been a slooow morning... in fact, if you want to see more of the festival after lunch, don't feel like you have to keep ol' Buckleburry company, I might close up early and go check things out myself."

*Holger*
You see, hear, and smell things.

((Need to know what you're trying to perceive.))

*Zephyr*
You're not able to recall much more than the basic information you'd given him, and trail off awkwardly.

He ponders your questions, his toe still tapping in time to the music, stroking his chin with a clawed hand.

"I seem to recall a young tiefling family... I assume you weren't talking about adoptive parents?... that lived on that side of town. It would have been about twenty or so years ago that they left. Afraid I don't know any details, just one year after the Festival they were gone. I remember it was odd, because they left their home and most of their belongings behind... you say you're the daughter?"

*Ulmwin*
You just keep mending, more determined than ever when you realize how devastating this must be for the poor fellow.

*Rudolph*
You just manage to get your mutton down, and are feeling pretty close to full.

*Maji'ah'l*
Slowing your pace pays off and you are able to easily down the portion of mutton.

Both of you: To your side, Derrk, who had barely made it through the first couple rounds gives in halfway though, unable to finish.

Bhen similarly bows out of the competition, both of them seemingly willing to take the loss now and not have to go through a repeat performance of Borin's vomiting. A few groans come from the crowd, but it seems that the crowd favorites are the Maji'ah'l and Gork, with Rudolph somewhat behind them.

If anything, Jenaal and Gork have gotten better, and the competition is down to you four.

Those whose wagers had already been lost, seem to be rallying behind the unassuming Jenaal, who though small and slender in comparison to her larger competitors, is not just keeping the pace, but setting it.

"ROOUND FOOOOOUR!"

CON checks!
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:18 am

Zephyr is so happy to have finally found someone with answers. "Yes, I'm their daughter, do you happen to know where they went..or ah..does anyone live there now, what happened to the belongings that they left behind, could I see them...or ah...maybe they left a message before leaving."

Zephyr looks down at the ground as a few tears splatter onto the flagstones beneath her feet.

"My name is Zephyr, I was only 9 when I was taken away. An other information you could give me would be greatly appreciated, I have no more energy to go on now."

"Other than to kill the ones who took me." she growls under her breath.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:24 am

*Zephyr*
"I don't know where they went, from what I recall, they just left. We held the home for them, but eventually sold it when they didn't return... any belongings would have been put in storage... Wait,taken away? You mean by your parents... or someone else took you?", he leans forward, his scaly brows furrowed in concern.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 am

Zephyr hangs her head, ashamed of her past. "A circus troupe, led by a man by the name of Bear Bryanson..." She trails off into silence and cannot help but involuntarily shiver a bit, just from saying the name out loud. When she regains control of herself, she tries her best not to stammer when she speaks again "Can I see the things they left behind?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:45 am

*Zephyr*
You hear a creak and a few shuffling steps before a large hand rests on your shoulder.

"There, there child. I'm sorry for what it is that you've gone through since you last called Circle Vale home, and for whatever it is that your parents have gone though as well."

His other hand tips your chin up to look into his eyes as he stands over you, even in his hunched, elder state.

"But, this is the Festival of Hope, and perhaps the All-Mother set your feet on the path that brought you here today. The Brothers and Sisters of my order need to stay here at the moment, to make sure that the Festival goes well, but afterwards, I'm sure someone can check the records and see if we can find anything more about your family and anything they may have left behind... I fear our storerooms are not as organized as we might like, so I can't say how long that might take. Were you planning on being in town for a few days at least?"

*Nemeia, Ulmwin & Holger*
Nemeia: You see the tiefling you'd interacted with earlier on the far side of the stage being seemingly comforted by the elder dragonborn that opened the Festival.

Holger: You'd see the same, but you't not had an interaction with any tieflings today.

Ulmwin: You're probably too focused on your task to take notice.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:54 am

Zephyr is greatly comforted by the old DragonBorn and she can't help but gain a small amount of hope from his words. She nods her head and mumbles "I can wait a few days, I have nowhere else to go."

She finally looks around the circle and decides that if she is going to remain in town she may as well try to have at least a small amount of fun.

She walks to the middle of the commons for the next event and signs up for the contest (Strength event)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:55 am

Mend, mend, mend away, the colossal fuck up...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:05 am

It'd had been a while since he'd eaten good mutton, but he used to eat so much more when he was younger, four or five plates at least was his maximum. Then again it wasn't a race then and chat and ale were mixed in between. Ale...that might help but was he even allowed... There only one thing for it.

Rudolph stands up as if to leave, looks to his left and right and stretches his back a little then hold his stomach. Then after hearing any minor disappointment from the crowd he loosens his belt and takes it off slamming on the table in some minor theatrics and sits down ready for round four.
Deception/Performance - 1d20+2 =11

As the next round comes out, not having the belt on feels so much better and he almost gets back into the grove of it being like the first meal.
R4 con test - 1d20+2=20
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:07 am

"Oh, yes. I am rather thirsty." He smiles at the barmaid, "Nothing fancy, how about some weak ale and also a glass of water."
He will hold off on eating any more of the meat until she returns, instead just watching the competition for a bit, and cheering on the big quiet man he bet on.

He fishes around in his pockets to find a few coppers to pay for his drinks, and lays them on the table.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:10 am

*Zephyr*
You go speak to the half-orc Sister who is running the strength competition. The left arm of her robe is pinned up at the shoulder, but her right arm looks plenty strong.

"Eh, once they're done stuffing their faces with mutton, we'll get started. Most everyone interested has already signed up. Way it works is simple, you have to start behind that line and chuck the boulder as far as you can. I mark where it lands... NOT where it rolls, and that's your mark. Each contestant gets two throws. If you go over the line, it doesn't count."

*Ulmwin*
You're getting the suspicion that this is going to take the better part of an hour... or more.

*Coljin*
She nods and soon returns with your beverages, sweeping your three coppers from the table into her apron pocket. The tankard has a froth of foam, and has a nice bready roast to it, though you'd wager it's not all that weak. Taking your time and alternating with water should help soothe your throat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:24 am

Not too much of a problem... For now. He was gonna spend the better part of his evening here anyways- Only returning to the pub for some ale and hopefully mutton when it looked like things were dying out.

He is curious when he's gonna get his chance though... Now another guy joined up, making the line here even longer!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 am

Zephyr signs up, takes whatever is given to her and then gets in line with the others.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:32 am

Theis2 wrote: "Do you have a name or should I just refer to you as the dancing beauty?"
Nemeia raises an eyebrow at the obvious flattery and smiles.

"charmed I'm sure! Today, I am Tess and I am here to spread joy and happiness to these fine folk on their day of hope!

Ulmwin is the gentleman who is trying to repair that mandolin and disturbing the other performers."

Leaning closer, she whispers "it wouldn't be nearly as distracting if these performers were more engaging, but what can you do?"

She clears her throat and continues at normal volume:
"Say, when ulmwin is done here I think we should get a bit of a party started don't you? If we can really get the crowd going, we should make a decent bit of coin,unless you also have objections to sharing your spotlight! Everything would be split evenly between us of course!"

Ooc: how long is the line of performers at the moment?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 am

"Nice to meet you Tess."

Holger likewise whispers back to "Tess"
"The south stage performers are usually a bit more focused on their own time to shine and don't like sharing. Outperforming them on the stage is always that much sweeter on the other hand."

"I don't mind sharing the spotlight, the more the merrier. I assume we are going to do some music and dancing? I can add a bit of magic flair to it and I know how to play the Lyre and a bit of dancing and acrobatics"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:40 am

((Let's say it's 4 deep currently, none of whom are repeat performers. I wasn't considering you guys currently in line...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 am

"well aren't you multitalented! That sounds like an excellent plan. Ulmwin, would you like to join our duet and make it a spectacular trio?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:06 am

Ooc: I'm not sure Nemeia believes in queues, but she will certainly perform again if she has the chance :) also, what time of day is it? I think we started at noon right? Just curious how much time has passed is far.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:12 am

((I'd say it's been a half hour to 45 min or so, not yet 1o'clock.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler