The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Maji: "Teach you?" She pauses and considers. "I've not thought about teaching someone... but I could try. I don't know how long it would take though... might be days or weeks. You have anywhere to be?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Maji frowns and nods Some people I know want to meet up in a couple days.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:35 am

Holger: "I WOULD NEED TO KNOW THEM, AND GRANT ACCESS WHEN I CAST IT. I CAN ALSO SET A PASSWORD THAT ALLOWS IT TO BE OPEN, YOU COULD TELL THE PASSWORD TO ANYONE YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO OPEN IT."

"KNOWING THEM WILL BE A BIT HARD SO I GUESS I'LL STICK TO A PASSWORD AND BEING ME AS THE ONLY WAYS OF OPENING IT. THE PASSWORD IS Milton"

Holger will let the old man cast the spell once he is sure he got the instructions right. Once done he'll ask where the others got their stuff identified and go get his hat, iron rod and yellow rock identified so he can get rid of some of his small change.

Holger will donate all his copper and 1000 silver to pay for identification and the arcane lock spell.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:24 am

((that sounds good to me. More cover if it's a box-car type wagon anyway!))

Nemeia will thank the guy for his time, figuring they can probably decorate the wagon themselves just fine, and will tell him she'll return in the next day or so after talking it over with her colleagues.

Then shell head back to the main inn and wait to tell the rest of the group what she's found out.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:31 am

"Hmm, yes, I'm aware of the schools of Lore and Valor... Not sure I'd consider myself a proper fledgling bard if I hadn't, of course... Younger me always thought he'd be valor- Heroically dashing up and saving the day, but given how I've actually turned to solving my problems, I think that opinion has very much changed... May I presume you raise the question with ulterior motives?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Maji: "Oh. Well, suppose we can try, and if it seems promising, we can go from there?"

Holger: "MILTON, GOT IT. JUST SO YOU KNOW, I'LL BE ABLE TO OPEN IT AS WELL, JUST AS LONG AS YOU'RE ALRIGHT WITH THAT. I'M NOT A SNOOP, I PROMISE."

He putters about and grabs a small dusty box filled with gold dust. He takes your box from you, sprinkles the dust over it, and checking his spell book again, begins loudly shouting the arcane words while moving his fingers across the front. With a flash, the gold dust liquefies and runs down the lid into the seam between lid and box before flashing again and going inert.

Brother Estin lifts the lid and closes it again. "HERE, YOU TRY."

The lid lifts easily for you as well.

"GLERN! GLERN!"

A young dwarf comes running, "Yes Brother?"

"OPEN THAT BOX FOR THE NICE MAN, PLEASE."

The dwarf tries, but is unable to open it. He looks at you both in confusion.

"THAT'LL DO GLERN, THANK YOU."

He hands it back to you and returns to whatever he dropped to come running.

You drop a bunch of small coins in the donation box and leave your items with Oldreth to be identified.
► Show Spoiler
Tess: "Alright, I'll hold things a few days, but can't guarantee past that without a deposit."

You head back to the tavern.

Ulmwin: "Ah, yes. Valor always has the edge among the young and reckless! You guess correctly... I am member of the College of Lore, and if you ask me, we could benefit greatly with some younger, more adventurous types! I always thought there too many stuffy old bards in the ranks, all wrapped up in their research and stories of years gone by. Of course, now I find myself close to joining their ranks!", he gestures to his white hair and mustaches, and lined face. His eyes still have a youthful sparkle to them as he continues. "I'd like to extend an offer of membership within the College of Lore to you, Mister Ulmwin. We may not be as showy as Valor, but being a member can still open doors for you!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Maji grins and nods, seemingly eager to learn.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm

"Hah... Well, I'd be lying if I said that didn't sound interesting. Never considered myself the booky type, but not like they don't have their use- And not like that's what it means to be a follower of lore, right..? After all, if all of them were stuck in libraries all day, well... Next you'd be telling me the stories of the annual meeting between valor and lore members where they try to outperform each other is nothing more but an urban myth."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Maji: "Guess we might as well start then.", she leads you out to the clearing. "Stand there, and close your eyes... listen to your heart beating. Can you feel the blood pumping through your body?"

Ulmwin: "HA! Lore is much more than books, though there is plenty to be found in books. If all seekers of knowledge only read books, who would find new stories? Who would do the writing?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Maji nods and takes a deep breathe, closing his eyes. He focuses on his body and his blood pumping, breathing slowly. He nods to Grelka's question, not loosing any of his focus on his meditation.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 pm

"Good." Your head rings from a sharp blow, your eyes watering as she punches you right in the snoot.

"Now what do you feel?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Maji utters a soft growl and rubs his snout where it was hit at. He wipes the blood off as best as he could. He wants the ringing in his head to stop. "Pain."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 am

After waiting the few days, Coljin heads back to the Vale's mages, along with his payment of 50GP, and goes to find out was was found out about his two items he wanted identified. (The one time items from the safe).
He will then go to the market, looking for a place to purchase some flasks of oil and see if he can find an alchemist's store.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:45 am

"Well, in that case Merill, I'd gladly tutor under you for a while." the gnome says, amicably.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:41 am

Maji: "Huh..." She bops you again. "How about now?"

Coljin: ((I posted the IDs? If not, let me know.))

Buckleburry's Emporium carries oil, as does the caravan supply company that Tess spoke to on the south side of town. Buckleburry has limited alchemical stuff, as might a few other merchants, but there doesn't seem to be a shop dedicated to it. Depending on what you're looking for, the Abbey may have things as well.

Ulmwin: "Ah, excellent. Will you be in town for a little while then?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am

I don not believe I got the id's of my two items.

At work, so sketchy description....cube, with maze etchtings and cloudy, almost clear gem.
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:46 am

((Not a problem, I wasn't sure if you were just RPing the picking up of items or if you needed them. I'll pull it up and edit into this post.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 am

Maji opens his eyes and glares at her, growling louder. He goes into a more aggressive stance, waiting for her to strike again.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am

Maji: "Close your eyes. Listen to your heartbeat... the blood moving. What do you feel?"

Tess: While you've been studying your book, and some things have clicked, you get the feeling it is going to take a bit more study before you can unlock more of its secrets.

Holger: At some point when handling your belongings, you feel drawn to your broken lyre that you carry as a rememberance. Pulling it out, you are startled to see that what was once broken has been restored, the cracks fused by engraved vines twining about the curving arms. There are no strings, but you almost feel like you can see the flicker of something where they would be.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Maji closes his eyes, his heart pounding and adrilaline pumping. He grimaces as he speaks "Pain. Annoyance. Anger."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 pm

"Ignore the first two. Focus on the last."

Bop. Smack.

It goes on like that for a while.

"That'll do for today."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Maji rubs his snout where she hit him at constantly during the training, grimacing in pain. He goes to her house to sleep for the noght.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 pm

((soooo... Are we meeting up again in game?? And if we're not RPing it, are you guys happy to split the cost of a cart? Nem would be happy to buy it outright for the price of it, but she'd not be wanting to travel alone with it in case she draws too much attention to herself)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:32 pm

((Everyone is potentially to a point where I can give a little training interlude and we can resume a bit down the line with everyone level 3. If there was anything folks wanted to RP, feel free, but I was figuring I'd probably do a bigger level 3 update soon. You did set plans to meet up in a few days, so I didn't want to step on that too much.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 am

"Hmm... Some of my friends might be looking to move on somewhere soon in the future, but for now it's not like I have any immediate plans myself, no... I figure we'll have a good time to talk before anything becomes concrete."