Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:24 am

Ooc: great! Plenty of time for shenanigans then :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:54 am

"Sure! That sounds like fun!" Ulmwin says- Offering a smile, while silently wondering why a conversation doesn't cause these other artists to grumble, while his light lute plucking does... Also silently already having accepted he'll be here for a while- So no matter that his own play has to wait a bit... Turning to the poor sod-

"You fine with making sure nothing goes anywhere while I'm up..? Hopefully I'll get around to fixing this somewhere this century- So you can join if you want to, hah!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 am

"hey, if you're a magician, maybe you could help with the mending?" Nemeia suggests to holger. "that would get this man his instrument back, and give ulmwin more time for his own performance,which I so rudely stole from him!" she gives both men a friendly smile as she speaks.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:55 am

Randerwaith replies to Buckleburry "Well, there's nothing too exciting off to the south. Just the normal occasional banditry and orc raids on the borders. Nothing amounting to more than a nuisance. There's the typical court and temple gossip: who's got a leg up on who. But no major power shifts or scandals. Brother Obadiah did finally get confirmed as the Abbot back home. I believe he had to promise the High Father a few barrels of the good wine in order to seal the deal." Shrugs. "All the interesting things seem to be around here. Which, of course, is why they sent me carrying letters instead of Brother Michael." He grins. "Brother Michael is a good man, but he could get lost in a one room house." He takes a quick glance at the position of the sun. "Tell you what. Let me settle up for my supplies, take back the dishes to the Chalice, and I'll let you enjoy the festival. I'll probably head up to the Abbey for a bit and do some translations for them to earn my keep for the night. I can put up with crowds for a bit, but I still enjoy my quiet. I'll probably be in and out town for the next few weeks and I can catch up with you later."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:46 am

"I would if I could, but I've never tried to fix anything with magic before. I've focused on convenience, entertainment and safety."

Holger starts casting mage hand and have it appear behind Nemeia to avoid her seeing it. It gently pokes her right should before floating around her to the left. It then opens Holgers backpack and retrieves his waterskin for him.

"And occasionally minor pranks."

Holger also takes a look and listens to Ulmwind trying to figure out if it's magic he's using.
Holger arcana: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Nemeia laughs with delight at the simple trick. "Oh that's excellent! Ive often wished I had magical abilities! How did you learn?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Holger smiles as he watches his 18 charisma at work

"It actually just came to me some years ago. It came in small bursts, like lighting the campfire without hardly doing anything or making chicken taste like beef because I felt like eating beef. I learned to cast properly by gut instincts and experimentation. I can also do illusions and sounds, like a beating drum which is excellent when performing alone."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:42 pm

"ooooh! Now that WOULD be handy! But then again, there's something particularly nice about performing with real people." Nemeia says with a laugh, casually touching Holger's arm.

"Go on then, show me what other tricks you can do Mr Wizard!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Holger smiles as he can't help but flex his arm when Nemeia touches it. He tries to keep an outward appearance as just a fool blinded by her approaches while trying to gauge just how sincere she is. But let's face it, Holger is so amazing that she must have fallen for his charms, it's a wonder no other women have approached him yet :roll:

"Definitely, I prefer real people too, but magic can work just fine in a pinch. As for another trick, I guess I can do another minor one so we don't interrupt the nice entertainers on stage."

Holger cast prestidigitation and leaves a mark matching his face tattoo at the bottom of her dress. (I hope it's alright that I'm counting a dress/clothing as a surface on a calm/willing person)

Holger insight: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:35 pm

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Con check [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3 and meat flies wverywhere
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 pm

OOC: Spew to the left of me! vomit to to the right! Here I am stuck in the middle with ewe.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:00 am

*Zephyr*

Most of the others here fall into the expected description of "big and burly", and are made up of a couple humans, some dwarves, and a half orc. Right now they are just milling about, some are stretching or warming up, some are just boasting, some are showing off for the small crowd that has started to gather.

*Randerwaith*
"Heh, hope Obadiah didn't ask for more than he can handle! If you need to go, that's fine... quiet makes me bored, personally. I'd imagine everyone from the Abbey is down here making sure the festival runs smoothly, but I suppose you've got a way to access the rooms your staying in. Until next time, my friend. If you've any juicy news or trade, be sure to stop by!"

((You can access your room at the Abbey.))

*Ulmwin*
Mending, mending, mending.

The fellow nods gratefully when you ask if he'd mind you taking a break when your turn comes up.

*Holger*
It's not magic you are familiar with personally, but it's definitely magic as he fits together two pieces of the broken instrument, plays a light tune for a minute and they are firmly joined with no indication of ever being separate.

That Tess is a delightful young woman with a proper appreciation for the magical arts!

*Nemeia*

The line has dropped to two performers as a mime and bagpiper just went. You should probably get in line before someone else does.

Go ahead and give me an Intelligence (Arcana) check. (1d20+INT mod)

*Maji'ah'l*
As you chomp into the meat, you feel like it's going well, until you bite down on your own tongue! Startled, your stomach rebels and you chunder a mess of mutton all over the table.

Your tongue hurts, but it should get better in time. You have Disadvantage on all verbal Persuasion and Deception checks until after your next long rest (which shouldn't matter much at all to you... ;p )

*Rudolph*
As you stand up, there are a few groans, as well as a few cheers, but as soon as you let out your belt and sit back down, the roles are reversed. It seems that there are a few people who are at least rooting for you, it not wagering too.

You tear into the mutton easily, but it doesn't go as well for your competitors. The large dragonborn blows chunks first, followed shortly by the female human Jenaal, and Gork the half-orc.

You've got a half portion of mutton left, and all of your competitors are out.

How do you finish off your victory bites of mutton?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:32 am

Maji'ah'l gets up and cleans the mess off of himself before getting up and looking to see if thwre is any intact leftover mutton and tries to find a napkin or something to put it in, after draining the grease

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:39 am

ooc: yes!

As he fellow competitors drop out he continues on until he only has one piece of mutton on the bone left then he stands up holding the plate/bowl in one hand and the mutton in the other hand high in the air which causes some gravy to go dripping unfortunately down onto his arm and continuing down to his previously clean sleeves.
He heads closer to the audience going around the table and casually continues biting into the mutton and finishing it off for all to see as he finishes the last bite he throws the bone back behind him onto the table and then proceeds to down the gravy from the bowl. Holding the bowl up he turns it over for all the audience to see.

He then loudly proclaims
"If the Beaumont family do anything right its normally to do with sheep!"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:43 am

"Hey! Come on, before someone takes our spot!"

Nemeia grabs Holger's sleeve and pulls him into the line, stifling a tiny sneeze into her arm as she goes.

"We'll call you when it's our turn to go up Ulmwin!"

Int Check: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21
[OOC: You know this means my performance is going to suck horribly...]

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:06 am

Zephyr bides her time, looking about at her competitors to see which ones are most likely her strongest competition. She also looks to see races and genders of the gathered competitors as well as how many there are.

Investigation: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:18 am

*Maji'ah'l*
You claim some mutton for later.

*Rudolph*
As you make your proclamation, there are a few folks cheering much more loudly than the others, but the crowd applauds you for a contest well done.

"Alright folks, I think the boulder tossing is about to get started, if you didn't win your bets here, you can try your luck there. If you did win, you know who you are, come find me to collect!", Dorbo hops down and approaches you.

"Nicely done, milord. Here's your cut of the purse."

He hands you five gold before turning and dispensing coin to the handful of people who had bet on you to win.

*Nemeia*
From what Holger says about magic just coming to him naturally, you deduce that he's not a bookish wizard, but probably a bard or sorcerer.

*Ulmwin*
Tess and her new friend promise to let you know when they are ready to go on. Meanwhile you keep mending, getting most of the neck of the instrument finished.

*Zephyr*

They all look really strong. There are two humans, male and female, three male dwarves, and a half-orc that you think might be a female.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:32 am

Worried that her current clothing may effect her performance, Zephyr goes about disrobing, not caring about who may be watching. She relinquishes herself of her sword and shield from her back, then she proceeds to remove her chain-mail, trying to distract some of the male performers with her lithe body as much as possible, but without being completely indecent. Once removed, she apologies for causing a scene and then places her backpack and all of her supplies into a small pile at her side. She then removes part of her traveling clothes: A cloak and jacket until she is left wearing only a pair of breeches, boots, sturdy belt, her coin purse tucked carefully on the inside of her hips and a fitted vest.

Once she gets as disrobed as she is willing to get, she begins stretching anew, this time with wide poses for optimum angles.

(She is trying to distract the males and get them off their game)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:38 am

Do a couple checks for me... Performance and Insight.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:38 am

Once he sees that the man who helped him when he was choking is out of the running for winning the contest, Coljin walks over to him.

"You did a much better job with that food than I did. And before I was too out of breath to thank you properly for helping me out."
He holds his hand out and introduces himself. "Coljin Burberry." He pauses for a few moments waiting to get his name and then continues, "Let me get you an ale as thanks and to wash down some of that meat."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:41 am

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:42 am

"So what brings you to this festival? With your talents you must have your pick of places to perform, so what made you choose here?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:46 am

Randerwaith pays Buckleburry his 11 gp, collects the dishes and his new gear, waves good by to him and proceeds back to the Chalice. As he is dropping off the dishes, he observes that the mutton eating contest is over and that Coljin is talking to a Dragonborn. He waves in that direction, mildly curious as to who won and what these two could be talking about.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:47 am

Whilst interested to join in with the strength contest, after eating so much he needs some a non strenuous activity to let it all digest. Reclaiming his belt from the table he loosely puts it back on and decides to head to one of the stages to listen to some music and perhaps find a ale to drink.
As he steps down form the stage if he sees any other contenders still gathered about he says
"A round of drinks on me, you all may need something to wash away the taste of defeat and the vomit." He tries to sound not to much like an arse, but it might sound a little that way.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem