The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:51 pm

I realize this. And I have a few ideas how that would change his actions but not his overall self. If that happens. Also partly why I am more interested in tiger. Bear is just hilarious. So is bear portal. And rotating bears.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 pm

I was certain there only existed a secret cow realm :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:44 pm

That's in another corner of The Beastlands, though more easily accessible if you combine the right items... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 am

Could I get a short summary on what I've missed. Or is it mostly, found more vine things = killed them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 am

I can give you a real quick description of pretty much the only important things we've encountered...

We found more vine things and killed them.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 am

oh and...anything crazy happen that I should know about?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:14 am

Besides Holger blowing up? Not really, been calm and beneficial from my wild surges since then. We took a long rest in the secret and secure lab we found. We then went to investigate the rest of the floor. Found the way down to the next level, battled some blights. Split up into scout group and stay back group, except stay back group took the other way since we found a splitting path. scout party went on a very short path only leading down stairs to the next level while the stay back group found huge group of blights we are now currently battling.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:37 am

Umm... We also learned there are at least 3 levels to this ruin. We cleared the first level yesterday and it doesn't seem to have repopulated overnight which is nice. We are currently working on clearing the 2nd level without getting in each other's way (hence the withdrawal / ambush). We believe the bbeg is on the 3rd level down.

Umm... We also found vaults with magic crystal grenade things in it which seem to be one-use, spell-infused gems that you break to use. I don't know if zephyr was given any...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 am

I remember the gem vaults, I was still here for that. I have one in my bag that I found in the bathroom that makes nice smells.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:55 am

Clearly the most powerful and useful one... If we were to give it to Maji. ;)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:15 am

Does he have a wet animal smell problem? makes perfect sense.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:30 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I remember the gem vaults, I was still here for that. I have one in my bag that I found in the bathroom that makes nice smells.
While gem based, that one seems to have have repeated use function. Also, not everything in the vaults were gems, some were metallic or organic in nature. Further experimentation showed they "don't get along".
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:32 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Does he have a wet animal smell problem? makes perfect sense.
only in wet bear form. :p

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 am

Zephyr was given an item from the vaults, too. When I'm home and remember one day, I'll get you the description of what you took. I'm thinking burnt claw or talon or something like that, but I'll have it written down on a list at home I think.l

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm

I have an idea. Unfortunaly due to me not knowing giant badger (and only knowing badger) it will not be the fastest plan. Basically dig little tunnels to find where they are, and pot shot them and/or smoke them out via fire.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm

And burn all of the potential loot?

Would be easier to have brought little mirrors with us and set them up in all of the corners.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:18 pm

We need bait :)

But in seriousness, we should be very careful. They've prepped readied actions for us before so let's not die by getting impatient and running back in too soon...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 pm

I think we've actually impressed the things that we're not just fertilizer. We're fertilizer with an attitude. :P We may have to try to smoke/bake them out unless we want to gamble on the stones again. I'd like something I could be a little more certain of before I'd advocate a full frontal assault.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm

I forget...was I able to stop being a protector or not? If I'm still a defender type, then someone could go in front of me and I can give their attackers disadvantage.

I really wish I had a weapon with reach and this could be an extremely effective group to attack with.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Well zephyr is back and that was what she was used as before right? :lol:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Yeah, but we were talking about the possibility of me changing it because I hadn't realized that I wouldn't use it..at all.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm

I think Burns meant using Zephyr as bait... As far as the fighting style, I'll allow you to retrain in another one during downtime (you'd want to seek out someone who can train you in whatever it was you were wanting), but you're still shield protection for the time being.

thinkslogically wrote:((Nemeia never figured out the blindsense on the plants did she?))
Randy got pretty good knowledge rolls on them, I'm assuming he conveyed that sort of info to you guys in the last day and a half.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Ok, then I have a thaumaturgy-based plan...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:26 pm

It's also been pointed out to me that I'd been treating their blindsight a bit more like tremorsense...

BLINDSIGHT
A monster with blindsight can perceive its surroundings without relying on sight, within a specific radius. Creatures without eyes, such as grimlocks and gray oozes, typically have this special sense, as do creatures with echolocation or heightened senses, such as bats and true dragons.
If a monster is naturally blind, it has a parenthetical note to this effect, indicating that the radius of its blindsight defines the maximum range of its perception.

TREMORSENSE
A monster with tremorsense can detect and pinpoint the origin of vibrations within a specific radius, provided that the monster and the source of the vibrations are in contact with the same ground or substance. Tremorsense can't be used to detect flying or incorporeal creatures. Many burrowing creatures, such as ankhegs and umber hulks, have this special sense.

It bugs me that the MM doesn't give any sort of indication what form their blindsight takes, however.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Hmmm... Up to you then I guess. For plant things, something like tremorsense makes sense to me since plants might have their roots in the ground and be more sensitive to that kind of thing, but whatever you think.