GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: GAL Q 10: Scents and Sensibility

Post by Nolandking » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Tells will attack the spider that try to attack him.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:51 pm

"You eight-legged cowards! Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?!" Walks yells at the spiders in frustration of Forges getting bitten again and attacks the spider most likely to die. As soon as there's only 3 spiders alive she moves to get between the spider attack Forges and Forges, attempting to shield him (and herself) from the chelicerae.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 am

Tells Bad Jokes tries to shove his harpoon into the spider attacking him but finds itÔÇÖs not so easy when they see it coming and the blow glances off the spiderÔÇÖs side.

Luckily Zaks is there to deliver the death blow and dispatches the spider with ease.

Laughs Creepily decides spiders understand rude gestures. While his efforts are in fact lost on spiders, it does make him feel better knowing he tried. Laughs Creepily then stabs the Spider that just wounded Forges for Food. Like before this one shrieks at him before retreating away. It too is looking pretty unhealthy

As the spider that had previously retreated charges back in, Forges for Food takes a swing at it. His arm feels heavy as the venom burns at the effort and he takes 1 damage from the poison. But at least he returned the favor and connected with a strong blow.

Walks With The Wind is there to deliver the final blow to that spider.

While only 1 spider is left fighting for the moment, it doesnÔÇÖt lessen its ferocity. It again tries to bite Forges for Food but is stopped by Walks With The Wind who intervenes on his behalf. The spider finds she is not so vulnerable and fails to bite her.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:29 am

Laughs will thrust his spear into the last spider.

If it's already dead, he'll collect a spider corpse... more than one if he has time and they aren't claimed by others.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:41 am

@Spider Which one is the last one? Only 2 of the 4 spiders are dead. There are 2 spiders left. One is fighting and full health. The other is temporarily fearful and badly wounded.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:53 am

chuck wrote:While only 1 spider is left fighting for the moment...
Ah, misread that a bit, but this was the spider I intended to attack.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:10 am

A low cackle beginning in his throat, blood lust burning in his eyes, Zaks rushes one of the two remaining spiders, slashing it.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 am

Brief timing question about the poison. When does it occur time wise in the turn? Is it before or after I act?

If it is before I act or everything is dead (i will choose to act last in the group order- I will use a 2-3 hp bandage on myself this round.
If it is after my action (or simultaneous) and a spider is still alive I will take one more turn attacking and heal myself next turn.

Feeling dizzy in the head Forges weighs up fighting or healing himself
"Leth puth theeth spiderth downth quickly"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 am

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:37 am

Ok. So....if I retreat from combat this turn I could not use a bandage as it's a full round action (as i guess it would not carry over until the next turn and just save me before I die, but I could use a potion after already having taken the poison hit.

Or get an attack in now (if needed) -get poison damage - retreat - then next turn quickly drink a potion before the final poison damage kills me.

I think my original conditions still stand but as retreating is a minor action if anything is still alive (if i take the attack option) i would also retreat to a safe distance to glug a potion next turn
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:13 pm

"You go and get yourself healed up, Forges. We can handle the last two spiders." Walks suggests and whacks another spider (if there still are alive ones left), again trying to shield Forges, if one goes after him.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Zaks, uncaring if these goblins were to live or die calls dibs on the sick ones stuff. "dibs on his stuff", he says as he nods his head at the yellow goblin

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:58 pm

"Not Cool Zaks" said Tells as he charges with his harpoon at the spider Walks attacks.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Zaks charges the wounded spider and dispatches it with a single blow.

Laughs Creepily strikes at the remaining spider with his lance. It shrieks in terror. Wounded, scared, and now alone, it starts to skitter back to the cave

But not before Walks With The Wind connects with a blow to send it tumbling. It recovers quickly and continues its retreat.

Tells Bad Jokes also strikes at it but once again finds his Harpoon lacking and isnÔÇÖt able to stop it from running back into the cave.

*end of combat*

With the spiders gone Forges for Food applies a bandage to his wound. He heals 3 hp, but is still poisoned and loses 1 hp.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
*Spider the corpses are a little too big for hammerspace. If you wish to retrieve them, the corpses will need to be broken down or carried back as "large" items.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Seeing one of the bites is on his left bicep Forges decides to try and suck out some of the poison before applying his second bandage.

Still slurring and a little dizzy as he sits down to wrap the bandage he says

"Well thaff not fhe beffs of starffs, fhose fings are hard fo fighf"
---------------
Plan is to let poison deal damage - then heal with other bandage hoping for max hp again to bring me up to full.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Laughs tucks his spear away to give his companions a break from its fearful presence and pulls out his pair of throwing axes instead. Slightly disappointed by the lack of ears to add to his necklace, he never-the-less begins scavenging spider bodies.

(Just sticking them in inventory for now.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 pm

"Wait, Forges, let me help you.
Laughs, we can pick up the corpses on our way back, just shove them into the entrance, so passing by scavengers won't find them as easily. No sense in burdening us with them now.

And Zaks, there will be no such thing as dibs on a companion's stuff in any group that I am part of. If you're going to sport that kind of attitude, you can turn around and walk right back to the HQ as for all I care, because then you're dead to me and I will not lift a finger to help you, when you are in distress, either. There's nothing worse than a companion that you cannot rely on in a tough situation; that I have learned the hard way." Walks
adds with a big frown on her face. "So in that case, it will be easier for the rest of us to just see you as already gone. Safer, too."

Walks helps Forges trying to suck out the venom, since the shoulder/upper arm is not the easiest place to reach on one's own body and then assists with stashing away the spider bodies for later, when they return on their way out again. If she still has time, she'll grab some rocks (if suitable ones are to be found) or sticks and with them tries to light her torch.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:52 am

Seeing no point in stashing them for later, Laughs continues taking corpses, jiggling their legs and chucking at his puppet show.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:07 am

Zaks turns his head slightly to the side and smirks. " I am Zaks, the great and powerful Ko....Goblin, all show know my name and quiver before me." He says as he steps atop the head of one of the spiders and sticks his sword into the air in an effort to look mighty. Zaks looks down at the female goblin who he had only recently met speaking softly "I'm sorry if my gruff words hurt your delicate ears my lady, I just feel so..." looking down at himself and back up at her "Naked..."

Zaks smiles what he hopes is a very warm heartfelt smile "I would never stab a fellow goblin in the back, never fear"

Zaks steps down from the spider and the creepy one collects its body and follows the others into the cave (assuming they are going into the cave)

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Tells will stand as lookout just in case anything else come. Once everyone ready he will follow them.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:35 pm

Walks With The Wind angrily chastises Zaks. In return he makes grand (if over-exaggerated) proclamations of his might, and then apologizes as an afterthought. Zaks then heads towards the cave entrance waiting for the others.

Walks With The Wind then tries to assist Forges for Food who is attempting to suck poison from his wound. They both keep sucking, but unfortunately the poison has already moved into his bloodstream. Perhaps if it was done quickly there would have been a chance for success but itÔÇÖs far too late now. Forges for Food takes 1 damage as the last bit of the spider venom runs its course. At least the wound is clean though. Forges for Food pulls out his other bandage and wraps it up with a little more help from Walks With The Wind. He heals 3 hp.

Meanwhile Laughs Creepily starts chopping up spiders. The first spider he mangles horribly as he really doesnÔÇÖt know what heÔÇÖs doing. In his effort to find something that resembles an ear to use as a trophy , he pierces the venom sack and ruins it. Poison drips out all over the ground. However some of the poison spills over one of his axes and coats the blades. ItÔÇÖs not properly developed for coating a weapon, but it might have an effect on a vulnerable opponent. In total he manages to harvest 3 legs, 3 mangled legs, Mangled spider front half, mangled spider back half. The second harvest attempt goes better as he learned from the first. He gains 5 legs, 2 mangled legs, spider front half, spider back half, and a spider venom sack. The third spider was already a little more mangled to begin with, the venom sack was already lost. From it he gains 2 legs, 3 mangled legs, mangled back half, and mangled front half. As he disassembles corpses, he notices the spinnerets seem very small. On closer examination Laughs Creepily realizes that much of the spiders seem underdeveloped as though these were just younglings, not the full-sized adults.

Tells Bad Jokes watches the cave entrance for trouble in case the spider comes back with friends, but the coast is clear.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:10 pm

"I think these were just *teeeehhhheee* baby spiders!" Laughs giggles as he moves to follow the creepy new goblin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Since under her cloak, Walks is more naked than Zaks, who at least is wearing the bark armor, his comment only earns him a raised eyebrow and a doubtful look from her. She nods slightly at his assurance that he wouldn't stab a goblin in their back, but shrugging off his smile and considering how quickly he changed tunes, she decides to keep a watchful eye out, just in case.

"...so, where -would- you stab a fellow goblin, then?" she asks pensively, just to point out how noncommittal his statement was.

Action:
Walks tries to find suitable means to create fire (as before: flint, dry sticks, tinder/dry plant material, etc.) and, if successful, lights the torch. In any case she will follow the others, shield at the ready.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:45 am

Thankful for the added help from Walks, Forges inspects the bandage is is happy enough with it for now.

"Ifh those were babies i'm a bith concerned we do noth have enough bandages to lath for the bigger stuffth. Ifh we plan on going on we need to be more organised and careful.
I suggesth we haveth paired groups, an attacker and a defender at the front and backth of our party with Tells in the middle as hith weapon weren't too useful from lookths of ith, Buth maybe being in da middle hidden by the resth of us will let him be more of a surprise for da enemy.
God thith poison ith messthing up ma speech."

Forges then see Walks kind of juggling shield, torch and weapon about and debates if another torch would be worth lighting. either way once one is lit the other can be lit from it so he heads top the cave to examine the entrance.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 am

As the others turn to walk into the cave, Zaks steps near Pat and gives him a wicked grin, rubs his hands together and whispers "My pretties" before laughing hysterically.

He catches up with the female goblin as they walk into the cavern "Straight through the eye, into his noggin. Has the effect of blinding and stupefying at the same time." He smiles again warmly at her and saunters off into the cave.