Goblin Serial Killer: Revenge of the Pointy Stick

Home to all current Forum Games.
gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Goblin Serial Killer: Revenge of the Pointy Stick

Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:52 am

You can't die from inactivity. This is a second turn and with just 10 players the game is only 4 turns long.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Nah, I'm going to Disney, I mean, you can kill me now or kill someone else....either way I'll die from inactivity in three turns.

I'm merely suggesting you not waste a lynch on me when i will auto-lynch myself.
There is internet at Disney...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:41 am

Like I will have time to look at my phone while I'm hugging Minions and Mickeys?

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:08 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Like I will have time to look at my phone while I'm hugging Minions and Mickeys?
You'll have plenty of time waiting in lines to hug Mickeys :P

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 pm

do you realize how long it would take to write a brief kill that looks like that...on a phone....no thanks..

meh, probably kick him in the nuts too....

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Port,...as the last one left alive. I am now convinced that this is Rime of the Ancient Mariner, which leads to a tangential, but strange irony, murder by poem which concludes to give love to all creatures. Ah, well, the bird was dead when we got there, so, it is not exactly the Rime.

Badge...1...(kelten)
Tea...3...(gamecreator, Badge, Synch)
Synch ...1...(Patdragon, Tea)

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:01 pm

From my experience, most hotels have the internet these days as well, so you might also write your kills before you leave or after you get back to the hotel. Just because you're on vacation, this doesn't rule you out as a potential killer.

Since there haven't really been many solid clues, I'll just give us the widest chance at hitting our killer by voting against Synch.

Badge...1...(kelten)
Synch ...3...(Patdragon, Tea, Davecom3)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Or Badge could have given a few kills to Dover in advance :)
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:52 pm

gamecreator wrote:You can't die from inactivity. This is a second turn and with just 10 players the game is only 4 turns long.
Three turns in a row of not voting means death. Failure to vote a total of five times, including abstaining, means death. It's in the rules list.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:10 pm

I think gamecreator is referring to this specific game, it would be all over before a lynching due to inactivity.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Badge...1...(kelten)
Synch ...4...(Patdragon, Tea, Davecom3, Quarg)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Aw cmon guys, there's nothing in there pointing to me! The very first line in the dummy kill is "I have just recently started this journey" and it also says "ignoring more skilled and superstitious voyagers." Sounds like Tea to me.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm

And so, you've decided to lynch Synch. But you're still missing your target. Well, I suppose that's not true. It's just that you didn't target the right person.
<The Kill of the Traveler>

O├▒CE agai├▒, w├ï MaK├® an┼ôTHeR tRip, tHis t├«ME gOi├æG nOT by B├©At. inst├êAd, thIs tRip MAK├½S iTS wa├¢ By PLa├æe. sUr├¬Ly, w├® Tho├£GhT, flyi├▒G wO├▒'T be hEx├ïd wIth a├▒ eV├«l Alb├ÑTROss'S app├ëaRANCe. that s├ªId, bEl├«EFs proV├½ no EnDi├▒G F├Ár th├ñT BE├ésT. O├║R PIL├ÿt dI├½d Sh┼ÆrTLy b├¬FOrE LeaV├»NG tHAt rUnw├áY, BUT his de├ªTH doeS├▒'T k├ïeP o├øR Cr├¿w Dow├æ on Th├ï gR├ÿunD. Our n├¬w pil┼ôt MAY kEep uS H├¬RE s├ûme Time lO├▒GEr, B├╗T W├¿ wIll b├¬ leAv├¡NG by j├¿T fRom Her├è.

<Victim: BadgeAddict>
1. Quarg
2.Gamecreator
3.Davecom3
4.Kelten
5.Badge Blown up
6. Chuck Lynched
7. Jib Sniped
8. Synch Lynched
9. Tea
10┬Àpatdragon
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Ugh, I hate it when I open the thread and your post says "Updating". And then I can't see the actual update. Can you please delete updating notification and create a new post for the update?

I'm still voting for Tea. Quite notable they are the only one who knows about this albatross thing.

Tea - 1 (gamecreator)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:53 pm

I could. It should only take a few minutes for me to update, though, so you should be able to just come back and refresh then.
My game:

My characters:

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:57 pm

You guys are muppets. Ah well, first lynching over and done with!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:40 am

i have no clue from the current messages but i this seemed familiar. so i checked out twsk 80 and dave has won with a similar method before because it involves using a console in some way to work out the clues.

Tea - 1 (gamecreator)
davecom 1(patdragon)
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:16 am

I wish it was so simple, but I don't get anything out of turning the keys between regular and accented keys. If the accents are important that's surely not the method. What I do notice about those accents is that there's never been more than one of them per word, and so far they've only appeared as the second through fifth letter of the word.

And if it were me, I wouldn't really want to reuse the same method.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:49 am

"├▒ ├▒ ├ï ├® ┼ô ├« ├æ ├© ├ê ├½ ├¢ ├æ ├¬ ├® ├£ ├▒ ├▒ ├ï ├▒ ├Ñ ├ë ├ª ├« ├½ ├▒ ├Á ├ñ ├é ├║ ├ÿ ├½ ┼Æ ├¬ ├» ├á ├ª ├▒ ├ï ├ø ├¿ ├æ ├ï ├ÿ ├¬ ┼ô ├¬ ├û ├▒ ├╗ ├¿ ├¬ ├¡ ├¿ ├è" from this kill translates into "a a R w k u A j Q r n A e w B a a R a 6 W & u r a g 5 # c J r K e i 1 7 a R V q A R J e k e H a v q e y q E" which seems like junk to me.

I have to wonder how Dlover is coming up with the method the killer used by the way. I don't see anything about sniping or blowing somebody up in the Kill, so I have to wonder how he's deciding that's how they died.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25 am

The killer explains the clues, so I know more than you. I'll not say more, so that I don't accidentally spoil it. That said, this is a really tough one to crack. I know I wouldn't be able to do it, but I never have been good at finding clues.
My game:

My characters:

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:23 am

Synch may be onto something with his last post, although I'm not so sure with Dlover saying these were tough clues to crack. Those might have been too easily spotted to be what Dlover meant. Still, currently, the only person besides myself being voted against is Tea, and he seems to know some poem the killer based his kill on that the rest of us don't, so I guess I'll cast my vote against Tea.

Tea - 2 (gamecreator, Davecom3)
davecom 1(patdragon)

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Tea - 3 (gamecreator, Davecom3, kelten)
davecom 1(patdragon)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Apparently I lied. Waiting for the rain to stop at Disney.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:52 pm

well, I guess I'll even things out a bit here.

davecom 2 (patdragon, Tea)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 pm

davecom 2 (patdragon, Tea)
Kelten-Quarg

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr