Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:28 am

Yeah, sorry- The whole thing I've been trying in this campaign is to make a pokemon a bit more durable, while still restricting one's outside activities by virtue that the trainers aren't... Found overall it worked well so far in making "official" battles more approachable, while still lending some credence of threat towards ones that directly involve the trainer.

I do wonder occasionally (occasionally = just now) if the RAW didn't have it right, though... It would have forced days to go a bit quicker since you wouldn't be able to engage into battles after your pokemon already got injured- Then again, days would have gone faster from a necessity, not exactly because it's fluid.

Anyways- Yeah, to counteract the buff to pokemon and give a bit more weight to the trainer thing, I felt like I did need to add something to healing for trainers, so I attached a price tag to it... With that said, I've dragged you guys through enough shit recently, so while there may or may not be a couple threads I still like to see resolved, I'll give you a bit of peace for now and probably won't throw you into anything where the trainers will need to act directly. So Koa will at the very least have a bit of time to recover naturally.

And if that's not enough, perhaps he just needs to look for something different than a pokecenter... :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:09 am

Our group can try to fix the threads that thier group didn't.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:19 am

M0rtimer wrote:And if that's not enough, perhaps he just needs to look for something different than a pokecenter... :shifty:
Like a hospital? :P

Really, though, there've been a couple of times where I've been uncertain as to whether I should actually say Alex is heading to a hospital, rather than the pokecentre, when Alex is more beat up than his pokemon. But since he got shot and the league sent him to a pokecentre I assume they are the hospitals.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:25 am

Hospitals do actually exist, but they're actually more expensive than the pokecenters, who have been subsidized into being essentially almost free for trainers... Hospitals aren't. Unless we start talking about health insurance, but that is a whole other beast... Hospitals would also deal into more like actual disease/operations, while the pokecenter is just fine for regular injuries most trainers have happen to them.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:37 am

M0rtimer wrote:regular injuries most trainers have happen to them.
Regular injuries like bullet wounds? :p
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 am

Well that one would probably raise eyebrows... Everywhere besides Murkoff. :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:10 am

Great, Alex is already the Misfortune Magnet, and he's going to Crimeland. Surely there's no way this can go wrong.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:37 am

M0rtimer wrote:Yeah, sorry- The whole thing I've been trying in this campaign is to make a pokemon a bit more durable, while still restricting one's outside activities by virtue that the trainers aren't... Found overall it worked well so far in making "official" battles more approachable, while still lending some credence of threat towards ones that directly involve the trainer.

I do wonder occasionally (occasionally = just now) if the RAW didn't have it right, though... It would have forced days to go a bit quicker since you wouldn't be able to engage into battles after your pokemon already got injured- Then again, days would have gone faster from a necessity, not exactly because it's fluid.
Nah, making 'mons squishier wouldn't make a difference.
► Show Spoiler
Basically, my point is that if people's 'mons got injured easier, they'd just find something else to do while waiting. So the days wouldn't actually go any faster, you'd just have more bored players.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 am

Yeah, fair enough, although it would probably force players more into positions where they'd WANT to get in a position where a timeskip can happen more easily. That's debating though, and overall I do think it was a good decision to change.

And no worries, I've been keeping track of who is where in the timezone. Currently everyone is on day 9, which is a friday. Your group is currently the most forward in time, being early afternoon, although the group at the base is actually not that far behind, being around midday. Phoenix is still in the morning, though.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:12 am

Ah, that's good then. I thought we might still be all on different days :lol:

And as for trainer healing, I like the way things are now. Sure, healing is kinda expensive if you get a ton of injuries as a trainer. But the time-cost isn't that much if you recover overnight, since that's a natural time-skip for most players anyway. You can easily heal 3-4 injuries that way, even if it does cost $500-1000.

Besides which, it does make sense for Koa to have to suffer a bit. I mean, he did fight a godly-being in his own domain.

And blow up a bomb in his face. Hell, if anything it's a miracle he's not more injured :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:33 pm

"Fight" is a very strong word for Koa's encounter :shock:

But yeah, I guess I can hold off on healing until everyone heads to bed. On the bright side, Koa won't have to pay for a hotel room! :lol: (Assuming he's allowed to rest in the 'Center)
M0rtimer wrote:Advising him to stay over night as they'd put him under some treatments, which would cost him about 500- And clear most of his injuries come morning.
Koa has 5 injuries, not 6. According to the start of the thread, each injury healed would cost 250, or 300 if Koa wants to speed it up.

Unless you mean they'd heal 2 injuries over the course of 8 hours, which would then cost 500? Koa could self-heal an injury before they start, to hit his 3 injury limit for the day.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Yeah, they were basically suggesting to take him in for 8 hours, healing 2 injuries + an additional one simply by natural healing, leaving him with two left the next day.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 am

Have to love it when the rolls decide to play along with the narrative... :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Welp, Roy's out, and so I lose 1d6-1 in exchange for Tank Mode Stage 1. But on the other hand, I remembered Focused Training gives +2 to skill checks, so I get +4 to the grapple attempts. NOTHING WILL ESCAPE MY GRAPPLEY GRAPPLES. >:D

Also, if it breaks through Mercury, I just lose another 1d6+2 for Tank Mode Stage 2. Basically, Genesect is allowed to attack nothing but my tanks. :D
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:42 am

Just had a thought, our group should probably split up those Z-Crystals Drake picked up. I've already grabbed the Flying one (for obvious reasons), which leaves six more: Psychic, Rock, Steel, Fighting, Fire, and Electric. Only other ones I might be interested in are Electric or Fighting, since I've got a couple of 'mons that could use them. What about you guys?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 am

The only ones I could really use are Fire and Fighting. That said, I would be willing to let others use them instead.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:52 pm

M0rtimer wrote:It's source soon tracked back to several burning incense sticks near the desk, decorated with a "strange" symbol. One that would have easily been dismissed, had it not been visible on the wall behind as well: it seemed to resemble some kind of logo, like a company would have... A severed angel wing in a blue circle background.
Is that symbol literally the Mass Effect paragon symbol, Mort? :P
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:55 pm

... Yes. :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Okay, so if we get two rooms for $120 ($70+$50), and Irene/Izzy share the double, that'll cost us max $40 each (and the price might be even better if bigger 3-person rooms are available). On the other hand, assuming the hostel is the same as the ones in the other cities, it should be only $10 each - but we won't be able to take our 'mons out inside, and we have to share a room with other people. Which means we'll probably get jumped in the night and robbed by some gang or something :roll:

So yeah, I'm happy getting paying extra for the motel rooms if you guys are.

------------------------------------------

On another note, Mort, I've been wondering about Gym stuff. Namely, is it possible to beat a Gym on a lower difficulty, and then challenge it again later at the next difficulty up? And would we get full prize money/etc for doing that?

((See, most of my Pokemon are on the Lv24-27 boundary. And I want to go for the Lv30 badge, but I'm worried about messing it up. So I thought I might do the easier Lv20 one first, then maybe try the harder one after I've got the exp/milestone from that?))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:50 pm

You can do a gym on a lower difficulty, then redo them on the higher one, yes. It does only upgrade your badge to the higher level, and you are only paid in what you would have earned in the first place doing the challenge. (So another 4000 if the silver challenge would reward 8000. I haven't decided yet if it should be 6000 or 8000... :shifty: )

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Ah okay, figured there'd be something like that. What about prizes specific to the challenge (i.e. TMs and stuff)? If I did the Lv30 Eliza gym, I suppose I wouldn't get to choose more things from her prize store?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Depends on the gym. Eliza's gym was special in that the "gimmick" occurred wholly during the fight, while most gyms will have a challenge up front that won't/(can't) be repeated, and additional items are usually found there, while there's only a single "additional" reward after beating the leader... So basically, probably nothing or in the case that there would be an upgrade, they'd try to compensate/switch or something. To give the fairy gym as an example, at higher levels your point total actually gets multiplied at the end- Should you have a higher score at the end than you did in your previous challenge(s), you'd be able to spend the difference.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:35 am

As usual, will take an action for Synch if he hasn't posted by this evening, although it turns out saying that is the way to summon him half the time. ;) :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:57 am

To clarify, is the penthouse the room with the couch?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 am

Seems like a misunderstanding you might as well clarify IC, but in this instance she was referring to the four person rooms.