The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 am

Much like Burns the Alchemist turned a nugget of unidentified ore into a gold nugget, I think that he turned a chunk of red rock into a red crystal, and then a red gem. If that's the case, it had evocation fire, and the implication it should be thrown well away from the thrower.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 am

You just kicked one hell of a wasp's nest, Spider.

Now we are gonna DEMAND to have an adventure that somehow involves a wrestling competition... XD

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:19 am

I'm up for whatever! Maji and Zephyr can squash their beef in the ring.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 am

^Then Zephyr will say he's trying to rape her again. No thank you. He's has enough of zephyr and won't touch her with a 10' pole.
spiderwrangler wrote:Much like Burns the Alchemist turned a nugget of unidentified ore into a gold nugget, I think that he turned a chunk of red rock into a red crystal, and then a red gem. If that's the case, it had evocation fire, and the implication it should be thrown well away from the thrower.
Yep that was it! It was red. Thats all i remember.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:34 am

She had a rough childhood

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 am

Throw the gems...throw the gems!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 am

Ulmwin only has one gem, and it's not the throwy kind..! :shudder:

I've been looking for an opportunity to use that... I suppose I should have used it somewhere in the hallway, but I didn't want it to risk being like a "one turn" thing, and there's this unmentioned drawback... Honestly, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk to try activating it right now, either.

I do also have a spell that, besides dealing some good damage, might force the tree to fall back if it fails it's save- (Which isn't super likely admittedly) so might work to have it back off..? :shifty:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:33 am

I've been saving my action surge for a moment like this fight, So If I can close the distance and remain alive long enough, I should be able to give the tree two good whacks. I think our primary concern should be for clearing out the other little creatures, mostly the vines, as their ability to make difficulty terrain happen makes our ability to survive rating go way down in my opinion.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am

Yeah, throw the hard hitting stuff at the tree (zephyr, Holger and the stones)? Nem is going to try and break free bit otherwise stay out the way - she's too squishy and you guys don't need to be worrying about more casualties.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 am

I'm hoping that you lot haven't run out of arrows and bolts (hopefully you're tracking them). I would assume, as long as you can actually hit stuff (Coughmortcough) would be best to stay in the back and shoot at stuff.

Especially if nem/tess can keep hiding before firing, as that extra bit of damage would help immensely.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:05 am

For sure, but as long as the vines are a threat, she's in a tricky spot. Her AC is lowest of the group at 13(!)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 am

well, true, that's why I think we should focus on taking out the vines (about 2 good hits if I remember, or 1 really good hit to kill). But, the twigs are a major hindrance to movement for me at least, and when they get through defenses its sucks but not overly powerful. If you want to pick off the one you can see, preferably the one closer to the wall, that'd be nice.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

Yeah, long as it doesn't start summoning reinforcements it'll probably be worth it to first take out some / most of the other blights. We know those can be pretty nasty as well...

Also I can't help I'm cursed by the dice ok. :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:17 am

Actually, I'm hoping that throwing nem's and maji's gems will help take out the rest of the babies.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 am

I will try, but I'm tangled in vines right now so can't really do much except try to escape for at least one round. If you guys can kill the vine off, that would be very helpful.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 am

Just beware of the concept of "danger close" depending on where you throw them...

Ulmwin could also cast another thunderwave- could probably knock some out if they're clustered close enough together...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 am

Gotta clear the walking salad from in front of me before I can do anything. That and I need some light to see what I'm throwing at. Randy is hearing an ominous voice, but doesn't have a clear target.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 am

actually..not that you lot know it, but you're set up for a good flanking position/ambush of their rears. I'm hoping that we can get the big boss between at least randy and myself, which should give us enough advantage to take it out. hopefulness <--

Should I die, I think I may try to come back as a Warlock.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:35 am

Well, Randy has Maj's red crystal (which sounds like a firebomb) and his "burned claw". I've been having a lot of fun speculating on that one. Keeping that one as an emergency item. Heck, for all I know, it could transform Randy into anything from a brown bear with a burned paw to a red dragon.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 am

or an easily stepped on mouse...or instead of transform it's a "true polymorph" and you might permanently turn into something....

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:49 am

"Burnt Claw - You're not quite sure if it is tied to conjuring or changing form, but you get a sense that the magics tied to this item deal with weaponry."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

Coljin will speak up on his turn that he will deal with Rudy, if he can ever get to him.
That will leave Maji able to do something else useful. He has at least a few more abilities he is still able to use today, unlike our cleric.

And we really do need to get some light into the main room.

If Coljin gets close enough to the doorway, he may just chuck the lantern into the room.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I wonder if it would be most useful, given the circumstances to drag rudy back into the hallway and then continue with the ones that are left...better to heal us who are awake than someone who might get knocked out again easily. Just my thoughts.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Hmm... could smash it (the claw) and see what happens. Still kinda want to hold off for now. Be kinda neat if it transforms a sword in to a firebrand sword (I guess that firebrands and frostbrands still exist in 5e.)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Well, I'm just saving Rudy with either a medical check or the one lone goodberry I have from Maji. So not much healing happening from me.