She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: the Realm will be silent no longer!

Post by Wolfie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:30 am

Squidangel wrote:Oh dear....

...this is going to get interesting. :D
Define interesting.

► Show Spoiler
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Ok... so here are the quotes. We don't really know how soon this dialogue shows up, but who says what? Rampant speculation time...
There is a fine line between fury and evil. Find it. And never cross it again or I'll cut you down, myself.
Ears? Forgath?
Saves a Fox wrote:There's nothing I wouldn't protect you from, Dies.

Ears... Oh gods, Ears. What have you done?
GAP
No! you walk on that side of the hallway, I walk on this side! / I'm bigger than you!, I need more room!
Minmax?
Your side is way bigger than mine! / Oh this is such crap! Complains, tell him that this is such crap!
Ears?
Complains wrote:This is such cr... sigh... Y'know what, I... I can't do this. You work it out for yourselves.
Thaco should be the new chief.
Ears?
The hell he should!
Thaco?
When the serpent becomes his prey, friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate. Oh gods Minmax. I'm so sorry.
Kin. Or Forgath?
Junior wrote:Hello, Father.
Klik
Klik
Klik-Whiirrr
New sound effect design for Kore?
crunch
Minmax or Complains
clank
shhhclinggg
Thaco
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Fine line between fury and evil - Ears. That is such a Paladin line (and sounds like it's to Complains)

The hallway argument is probably between Minmax, Ears, and Complains (duh).
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:07 pm

It's bound to be either Complains or even Minmax. Complains makes more sense just given the way it's worded seems like a caution from a friend.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:21 pm

I'm also fairly sure that the fury comment is being made by Ears (a paladin, thus one knowing of evil) to Complains (who has a serious anger issue when dealing with trauma). I imagine that Complains has a Sand People moment at some point.

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:24 pm

1: ZOMBQ!#$%!%!!!$#!#@$!#$ YES!!!!

2:
A line between Fury and Evil: Sounds like stone cold Ears. 2 barbarians available. Either would make sense. Names has the demon blood, and we just saw the first manifestation of it. Perhaps he becomes increasingly aggressive?

The prophecy...I don't know. Obviously, we're hoping for like, Kin to wake up. But Forgath would make sense as well, if he has a relationship with Kore.

I could see the argument being Minmax and Vorpal.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:35 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
shhhclinggg
Forgath
More like Thaco's swords...

Although, that goes more like Shiinng.. (1, 2)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Krulle wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:
shhhclinggg
Forgath
More like Thaco's swords...

Although, that goes more like Shiinng.. (1, 2)
Correct you are... it's been a few months since I had to know IME colors precisely.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Well, I'm sticking to my bet that Kore is the last of the Greyhill Paladins. However, the "Klik-Whiirrr" in the top left hand corner has me leaning towards him being taken over by a klik-like being (either already or some time in the future). We've seen a "kwwiirrrrr" sound from him before.

zylph
Remains Silent

Post by zylph » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:09 pm

I've been lurking on these boards for ages. Figured I should say something and this seems like the best time to do so...

Welcome back Thunt! Glad you are bringing your excellent art and storytelling back. I hope you and your family are doing well (and know there are so many folks out here that are willing to lend you support however we can ... in other words, you got shoulders to lean on if you need them).

September 17 seems so far off, but it just means we have 5 days to speculate about the teaser and the sound effects.

Like Kore assimilates Forgath and begins hunting Kin, turning Minmax against Forgath and his love for Kin fueling his hatred for Kore ... someone tell me I am wrong ... I so want to be wrong.

Banderwock
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Banderwock » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Hooray! Congrats on reaching this point in your recovery! And also more comics! Welcome back!

Also, might be just me (or deliberate for the moment), but after finally starting to use an rss feed a few weeks ago, it didn't update for the new Goblins page. Fortunately, I guess I'm lucky, because typing "go-" autocompleted and took me here instead of google. :)

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Sept17? Wow, something POSITIVE on my birthday to look forward to. o-o

Biscuit
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Biscuit » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:02 pm

There is a fine line between fury and evil. Find it. And never cross it again or I'll cut you down, myself.
Big Ears or Thaco to Minmax?
There's nothing I wouldn't protect you from, Dies.

Saves a Fox?
Ears... Oh gods, Ears. What have you done?

Shit is about to go down :'( I think this is Thaco or Complains
No! you walk on that side of the hallway, I walk on this side! / I'm bigger than you!, I need more room!
Minmax and Thaco
Your side is way bigger than mine! / Oh this is such crap! Complains, tell him that this is such crap!
Same as above
Complains wrote:This is such cr... sigh... Y'know what, I... I can't do this. You work it out for yourselves.
Same as above
Big Ears or Complains?
The hell he should!

Minmax?
When the serpent becomes his prey, friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate. Oh gods Minmax. I'm so sorry.

Kin, I think.
Junior wrote:Hello, Father.
Junior, obviously.
Last edited by Biscuit on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Everybody thinks the Fury and Evil line is Big Ears, but it sounds like Thaco to me. Ears never seemed like a stone-cold killer to me, despite his Paladin status, so moving right to killing seems a little out of character. Thaco, on the other hand, has never had a big problem with killing people, and it totally seems like something he would say.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Biscuit
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Biscuit » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:10 pm

SamWiser wrote:Everybody thinks the Fury and Evil line is Big Ears, but it sounds like Thaco to me. Ears never seemed like a stone-cold killer to me, despite his Paladin status, so moving right to killing seems a little out of character. Thaco, on the other hand, has never had a big problem with killing people, and it totally seems like something he would say.
Yes, I think so too. The "I will cut you down myself" part really sounds like something Complains or Thaco would have said. And the Fury and Evil Line sounds like Ears or Thaco. So Thaco is the most likely.

SyntheticPhylum
Remains Silent

Post by SyntheticPhylum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Yay! Welcome back!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:09 pm

I dunno about that, Biscuit... there's that "my god Ears, what have you done" line later, which makes me think he ends up losing his paladin status later (though for laughs I wanna see him go Blackguard)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:17 pm

It sounds just like Ears to me.
Ears wrote: Right now you have a magically sharpened axe pressed carefully but sternly at the base of your throat. It's there because you've annoyed me. What do you think will happen if you make me angry?

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:27 pm

:D PUMPED. :D

Things are going to get real.
The possibility of more "noisy round spirits" especially interests me. I wonder if they had something to do with the extermination of the Roaks, because I'm still curious about that. It seems like it would take something majorly powerful, like an army of Kliks, to wipe out a tribe of people just as or nearly as badass as Biscuit. I still like the idea that Hawl was one of their distant descendants or something and had Klik just laying around gathering dust.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 pm

RocketScientist wrote:It sounds just like Ears to me.
Ears wrote: Right now you have a magically sharpened axe pressed carefully but sternly at the base of your throat. It's there because you've annoyed me. What do you think will happen if you make me angry?
I completely forgot about that line. That's why I shouldn't debate Goblins when I haven't reread it in a long time, I forget things. I suppose it could be Ears, but I still think Thaco is a pretty good contender for the line as well. If the Hyena is correct, it could be Thaco saying that to Ears after he does something that causes him to loose his paladin status.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Post by Catmandont » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Wolfie wrote:
Squidangel wrote:Oh dear....

...this is going to get interesting. :D
Define interesting.

Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

Halttzoid
Remains Silent

Post by Halttzoid » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:40 am

Complains?
The hell he should!
Ears?

I don't know, it seemed like this could be possible.

I mean Ears is still grieving for Chief and there is only one Chief for him. Appointing a new chief would somehow mock his memory. Something along those lines... anyone?

Love reading the speculations/speculating the comic again!

Welcome back!

Chasm
Newcomer Adventuring Party - Teller

Post by Chasm » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:42 am

Okay, I'm officially gonna need a new pair of pants.

Welcome back, THunt ! And curse you for making me so excited about the story again ! I'll never be able to sleep now ! Yay !

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:17 am

This thread seems to collect the forumites which have the HyperActivitySyndrome......
:D

Count me in!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!