D'Jinn Keeper

Home to all current Forum Games.
gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: D'Jinn Keeper

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:16 am

That was quite short voting.

Oh well, then I will change my votes now to be safe.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:24 am

Thinking likewise so last change to make some of my votes mean something
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 am

So I managed to roll a natural 20 to save vs insomnia last night. Pretty rare for me. Anyway, I'm going to be tallying up votes now and making the map for your new dungeon. Once that's done, I'll post the results up and let you guys start picking monster types.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:44 am

I'd like to sign up for this, if that's still possible. The voting seems to be done already, so I'm not adding anything to the tally.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:48 am

Yeah, you're good. I'm actually having issued with the program I got to build the map, so it might be a little longer. If you want to add your vote to the above, you can, as well as alter your votes if you've already cast them. Only on the creatures, however. The Dungeon is pretty much set as "Abandoned Mines" at this point. Hopefully I can get this program working properly. If not, I'll just have to do it all manually in photoshop, using stamps.

We need some creature tie-breakers, anyway, otherwise I'll be flipping a bunch of coins.
Last edited by thunteater on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:55 am

Oh!....me too please.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 am

You can vote for four monster types to be included, Badge.

Hopefully I'll get this Dundjinni program sorted and I can get the map made, but until then, yeah, I'm hoping to not have to flip a coin for some tied creatures, haha.

Edit: Finally got it working, man was that a headache. I had to basically uninstall my java.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Orc, Minotaur, Centaur, Gnoll
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm in this too.
Orc, Minotaur, Drow, Beholder
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:15 pm

I got very obsessive over what I wanted to use. So yeah, here I am about... eight hours later. I'm about to post up the map, after which, you'll start selecting your two race choices to spawn as.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:37 pm

This post has been moved further in, for easier reference.
Last edited by thunteater on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 pm

would just like to say wow and looking forwards to this.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Seconded. This looks very comprehensive. Should be fun. Can't wait to start
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Still working on a bit of stuff for it, I'll post again when it's completed. Pretty much posting in pieces so I don't lose it. Thankfully, once I have this initial post done, it will be copy-and-paste in the future, and then modifying things.

In the mean time, everyone who will be playing, feel free to start posting your two preferred races, they can be any of the five races. When I finish, I'll start rolling up your races.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Minotaur or Orc
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Preferred races: Orcs and Minotaurs
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Preferred races: Orcs or Gnolls
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Looks very good.

Races: Minotaurs or Beholders

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Still a good chunk of blueprints to do, but if you look under the weapon components portion near the bottom, you can begin to get an idea how crafting will work..

I'm also getting the idea that I'd be better off moving these recipes to my website, and creating individual pages for each material type, instead of posting them in this thread constantly.. or at least, making their very own thread, because.. Damn.

<--- Might be a little -too- overly ambitious at times. Still, once I have all the basic recipes done, all it requires for you to learn new ones, in most cases, is simply making that new recipe, or altering a current one. Crafting is component based, if you can't tell from the recipes. You'll have an overall blueprint for an item, and then you choose what components to add to it, which modifies its base stats. For instance, with a Dagger having the following stats:

1d6 Damage
20 Durability
-1 Attacks Per Round
1 Foot Range
+1 Chance to Hit

Crafting it from full Animal Bone components [The lowest grade of Bone Material] (Bone Short Blade, Bone Small Hilt) Changes the stats as follows:

1d7 Damage (Bones give a higher damage boost than Wood objects, and slightly less than Stone)
12 Durability (You can strike something 12 times before it breaks. Wood is more Durable than Bone, and Bone is more Durable than Stone.)
+2 Attacks Per Round (Bone is lighter than both Stone and Wood, giving a total of +3 Attacks Per Round Bonus to finished items, in the case of Daggers. Of course, More attacks means more durability loss. Your Weapon Skill actually lowers your chance for durability loss, the higher it goes.)
1 Foot Range
+1 Chance to Hit (Bone Small Hilts do not give a good To-Hit Bonus, the longer your grip, the higher your To-Hit Bonus will be, but the slower your weapon will swing.)

Of course, this is just a basic Animal Bone Dagger. You could then customize it further by adding a Bone Guard to the Hilt, increasing your hand armor class slightly, and giving a small boost to your parry skill, or you could add some Deer Hide Leather Wrapping to the Hilt, increasing your To-Hit Chance by giving yourself a better grip, and you can slightly increase your swing speed, damage, or other miscellaneous stats, by adding a specialized pommel to the bottom of the hilt.

That's not even counting the enchantments that can be placed on each individual component, the components you can mix and match, the dozens of materials that can be utilized on it, and the consumables that can buff it temporarily. Then there's the fact that, while you're crafting, if you get a critical, you have just crafted a Masterwork item. While Components and such shall simply be called Masterwork items and get small bonuses, equipment that is Masterworked while it is crafting will result in me giving you two options.

Option A, I name it and give a description of it for you.
Option B, you name it, and you write the description of it.

Either way, Masterwork Weapons and Armor get a small buff, which is made even greater if..

Well, just imagine making a Masterwork Hilt, a Masterwork Blade, a Masterwork Guard, a Masterwork Hilt Wrap, and a Masterwork Pommel, then placing them together and somehow managing to get a Masterwork Sword. Needless to say, such a weapon, even if it's only made of wood or bone, is pretty much borderline legendary (And that's not even getting into if you had managed to get each component enchanted prior to constructing it.)

In short, it's a crafting system that, as someone who enjoys playing pure crafters in most MMORPG's, I am very fond of.
Last edited by thunteater on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Orc or minotaur for me, please.

Also, I'd like to suggest that we put the Orcs on 'meat only' diet for now.

If you want to make a separate thread for the 'infodump' you can always open one in the subforum Game Resources and just link to it (your particular thread) in here.
Maybe someday other people could use that information to come up with their own games. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:03 am

Taking a break from Recipes to Roll some character races.
Donnigan wrote:Minotaur or Orc
1-5 = Minotaur
6-10 = Orc
50/50 Chance.

Rolled: 2

Donnigan is a Minotaur.

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Preferred races: Orcs and Minotaurs
1-5 = Orc
6-10 = Minotaur
50/50 Chance.

Rolled: 4

Chuck is an Orc.

Nolandking wrote:Preferred races: Orcs or Gnolls
1-5 = Orc
6-10 = Gnoll
50/50 Chance.

Rolled: 10

Noland is a Gnoll.

kida wrote:Looks very good.

Races: Minotaurs or Beholders
1-5 = Minotaur
6-10 = Beholder
50/50 Chance.

Rolled: 8

Kida is a Beholder

GathersIngredients wrote:Orc or minotaur for me, please.
1-5 = Orc
6-10 = Minotaur
50/50 Chance.

Rolled: 7

Gathers is a Minotaur
Last edited by thunteater on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:25 am

um... assuming its just a misprint but 11 sided dies don't produce 50/50 chances. Presuming that 11 is meant to be a 10.

Also since its random what we respawn as, are these permanent preferred races or could we change them? Or are they just starter things so we're not completely disappointed by ending up as puny gremlin at the start but could very well end up as one later?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:25 am

(coz someones gotta) gremlin! or beholder
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 am

Orc or Minotaur

Also in the building components blueprints there are planks listed in components instead of logs.
GathersIngredients wrote:Also, I'd like to suggest that we put the Orcs on 'meat only' diet for now.
I disagree. Plant food is more available.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:34 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Also since its random what we respawn as, are these permanent preferred races or could we change them? Or are they just starter things so we're not completely disappointed by ending up as puny gremlin at the start but could very well end up as one later?
Honestly, you could probably make a Gremlin into a pretty nasty character, of course, Goblin would be a better choice. The Gremlin can still be a pretty nasty assassin, though. Kinda a glass-cannon type build.

It's entirely random if you respawn, from the entire list of creatures currently in the Dungeon, so try not to die, if you like the current creature.

There -is- an item in the game that lets you pick which creature you want to Possess, however, when you die.
gamecreator wrote:Orc or Minotaur

Also in the building components blueprints there are planks listed in components instead of logs.

Yeah, Logs aren't typically used as a building component in the game, they're a Raw Material. Planks are what you'll be using to build things.

Patdragon wrote:(coz someones gotta) gremlin! or beholder
1-5 = Gremlin
6 - 10 = Beholder

Rolled: 9

Pat is a Beholder.
gamecreator wrote:Orc or Minotaur
1-5 = Orc
6 - 10 = Beholder

Rolled: 1

Game is an Orc.

I'm going to take a nap now, and will continue on recipes and such when I wake up. If I can beat this Insomnia.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler