Borglins - Tower Offense Game (Closed)

Home to all current Forum Games.
LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Re: Borglins - Tower Offense Game (Turn 0, Started!)

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 pm

@gamecreator: check the very first post, the items at classes. Anything that has a "charge" in the description can be recharged. Since I think noone has actually equipped one for this round you may want to change it to something else. (An exception, as I don't normally allow starting item change, but ... )

@madmartin, check the 2nd post before the update for your info.

Sniper got a slight damage buff, instead of 1d3 damage is now 2 + target distance.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun May 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Nerre wrote:"Hey, the plan was to take over that one! Don't attack it, im right next to it!" Blackout shouts, moving to L3 after Big John went forward, since he said he would tank for Blackout, so the littly techy won't get hit. With his jetpack he flies onto the clief and starts infiltrating the tower on K3. (If he has to move into the same field as the tower, he will go there instead).
"But everyone is attacking it anyway!" So, if at least someone besides Nemo will attack K3-turret, then Nemo will go along with his plan. Otherwise he will go to J2.
LooksAndSmiles wrote:@gamecreator: check the very first post, the items at classes. Anything that has a "charge" in the description can be recharged. Since I think noone has actually equipped one for this round you may want to change it to something else. (An exception, as I don't normally allow starting item change, but ... )
I will consider a change. For that matter, I see that Upgrade works on a type of equipment, so every single unit get that bonus. So can I upgrade spider mine's speed?

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sun May 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Boomer move to F2.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:34 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:@gamecreator: check the very first post, the items at classes. Anything that has a "charge" in the description can be recharged. Since I think noone has actually equipped one for this round you may want to change it to something else. (An exception, as I don't normally allow starting item change, but ... )

@madmartin, check the 2nd post before the update for your info.

Sniper got a slight damage buff, instead of 1d3 damage is now 2 + target distance.
Ah, thanks. :)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Sam will shoot at the tower on H3.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Sun May 19, 2013 8:47 pm

K. Banger will move to G1

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun May 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Not As runs across to F1. down four tiles.

You've listed Not As with a railgun, while he should have a jetpack.
Last edited by Dlover on Tue May 21, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon May 20, 2013 5:01 am

gamecreator wrote:I will consider a change. For that matter, I see that Upgrade works on a type of equipment, so every single unit get that bonus. So can I upgrade spider mine's speed?
At level 2 spider mines can have the following upgrades:
+5 splash damage (Range 1)
+1 speed
+1 HP

So yes, you can choose +1 speed, if you wish. Also, please consider the change before the next turn happens since the more you get into a round, the more unfair would be to choose an "adequate" item. ;) You could stay with the device though, I guess you guys will roflstomp the map anyway.
Dlover wrote:You've listed Not As with a railgun, while he should have a jetpack.
Thanks, corrected. The picture was right, though.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon May 20, 2013 5:40 am

I'll take spider mines and upgrade them for speed, then.
LooksAndSmiles wrote:You could stay with the device though
And be sniped for uselessness?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon May 20, 2013 2:15 pm

We talked about the plan to take over K3 in advance before the game even started, and already 3!!! people are shooting at it while I am trying to infiltrate it. :(
Last edited by Nerre on Mon May 20, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:07 pm

The tower is out of the way, and we will likely be past it before it could hit any drones, which given we want to infiltrate the building there, are the only things worthwhile it might hit. If we lose the tower, it will not be a major loss. And we don't know as yet how infiltrating works, so you may not be immediately successful, in which case it would be better for you to spend time infiltrating the building rather than the tower. It is not wise to be shot at without shooting back if we can.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon May 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Davecom3 wrote:The tower is out of the way, and we will likely be past it before it could hit any drones, which given we want to infiltrate the building there, are the only things worthwhile it might hit. If we lose the tower, it will not be a major loss. And we don't know as yet how infiltrating works, so you may not be immediately successful, in which case it would be better for you to spend time infiltrating the building rather than the tower. It is not wise to be shot at without shooting back if we can.
Well, there was nothing written about a chance to be successful, like there was nothing written about a chance to miss with your weapons. So I estimated it will work.

Edit: nevermind, somebody gave me two good reasons to attack. Just stop hitting it after it is our tower.

- to gain victory points so the one does not get killed.
- to take it down so it won't destroy the upgrade building. (well, this one is pretty weak, while the other building has a lot of hitpoints, so it might not happen anyway)
- I might not infiltrate every time I try it (which I do not expect, since this would weaken the class very much, since it would be like a miss chance for every attack a other class would make. Much micromanagement, so I hope there is no fail chance.)

At least I hope the heavys won't waste their strong attacks on that tower, instead of the other one we really need to destroy.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 am

Theis releases 2 spiderbots waiting and stays back for now.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Just a heads up, todays update gets postponed to tomorrow due to IRL stuff. You can use the extra day to revisit your actions (or coordinate more) if you wish, but there will be an update tomorrow regardless of what you do :).

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Borglins - Tower Offense Game (Turn 1)

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Turn 1>>Next Turn

Nemo moves to K2 and starts banging on the tower, dealing a massive damage of 1. He gains 1VP for the movement., and 1 VP for the damage. He also gains 1 VP for upgrading spider mine speed.
Blackout hops up to L3 and starts with the infiltration. Success! He gains 1VP for movement and 1 for infiltrating. He may check out his options below. +2VP
Jack the Chipper moves to G2, and shoots at the tower, dealing 2+3 damage. He also gains 1 VP for movement, and 1 VP for the damage.
Nameless (Nameless) begins his movement to B1 with his army. He gains 1 VP.
Jake Snipe snipes the tower on K3 for 5 damage. +1VP.
Big John feels as the railgun whirls up in his hands... any moment now ... he deals 5 damage, and gains 1 VP.
Chubby moves to the now emptied D1, and gains a VP.
Sam shoots the tower on H3 for 2 damage. +1VP
Boomer moves to F2. +1VP
K. Banger moves to G1. +1VP
Not As activates his jetpack and rushes downwards! +1VP
Theis releases 2 spider bots. Both head towards the tower on H3. One impacts, dealing 35 damage, which destroys the tower. The other one stops and recalculates its target. +1 VP

Pedro Rhian (Pedro Rhian) is lazily enjoying the show.

The tower on H3 rotates at Theis, and deals 1 damage, before it explodes. It leaves 2 scraps behind. The successful kill gives the following VP: Theis +5, Jack/Sam: +1
The tower on K3 rotates at Big John and deals 3 damage.

The factory below spits out a probe.

- Nameless' probes move into formation
- Theis' healbot heals him for 1.

Tower Infiltration:
- Hardware overheat (Success Chance: 75%): Deals 5 damage and 50% to render the tower disfunctional for the turn.
- Cog in the system (SC 80%): Makes the turret unable to rotate and 50% to render the attack dealing 1 damage less for 2 turns.
- Overtake (SC 50%): gain control of the tower, as long as the Techy is connected via the infiltrator.

Obtained Materials
2 scraps.

Character Sheets:
.[tabs:Big John]
Big John - Bulky - HP: 4/7 VP: 1

Equipment:
Railgun
[tabs:Blackout]
Blackout - Techy - HP: 4 VP: 3

Equipment:
Jetpack
Infiltrator
[tabs: Boomer]
Boomer - Bulky - HP: 7 VP: 1

Equipment:
Bazooka (8 missiles)
[tabs:Chubby]
Chubby - Bulky - HP: 7 VP: 1

Equipment:
Railgun
[tabs:Jack]
Jack the Chipper - Speedy - HP: 5 VP: 3

Equipment:
Laser Pistols
[tabs:Jake Snipe]
Jake Snipe - Techy - HP: 4 VP: 2

Equipment:
Sniping Laser
[tabs: K. Banger]
K. Banger - Tinky - HP: 4 VP: 2

Equipment
Spider Mines x3 (Upgraded damage to 35, speed to 3)[/tabs]
.[tabs:Nameless]
Nameless - Mechy - HP: 5 VP: 1

Equipment:
Recyclator (5 Scraps)

Probes:
BallistBot: 1HP
CopterBot: 10HP
GunBot #1: 2HP
GunBot #2: 3HP
GunBot #3: 1HP
[tabs: Nemo]
Nemo - Tinky - HP: 4 VP: 3

Equipment:
Recharging kit
[tabs:Not as ...]
Not as Big a Big John, but Bigger than Wee John John - Speedy - HP: 5 VP: 1

Equipment:
Jetpack
[tabs: Pedro Rhian]
Pedro Rhian - Bulky - HP: 7 VP: 0

Equipment:
Railgun
[tabs:Sam]
Sam - Techy - HP: 4 VP: 3

Equipment:
Sniping Laser
[tabs:Theis]
Theis - Mechy - HP: 5 VP: 6

Equipment:
Probeporter
Spider mines x4 (Upgraded damage to 35, Speed to 3)

Probes:
Healbot: 2HP[/tabs]
Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Borglins - Tower Offense Game (Turn 1)

Post by Nerre » Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am

Blackout circles around the tower to K4 so he stays linked all the time. He will try to overheat to damage it further, since taking it over would requiere him to stay linked to it. But since he is planing to take over the upgrade center, he will help his comrades to destroy the tower first. Also he hopes that he can stop the tower from hurting them that way.

Move to K4 without losing link, Overheat, 75% chance, against tower on K3.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:31 am

Big John moves to K2 and continues to fire upon the tower in K3.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu May 23, 2013 9:42 am

Chubby moves to E1

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 am

Jack Snipe fires on the tower at K3 and then moves to L2, getting ready to shoot the enemy probe out of the sky if it gets too close.

(As a sniper, what i can see as my best role is taking out the probes in one shot before they can hurt anyone. Sniping buildings helps, but there are others who can do more damage to the towers. Unless we just wanted the snipers to solo the whole map and take out everything from range, but that would take a LONG time and would also be pretty boring for everyone)

Also, can i shoot the upgrade building from this lower level? I can get within the four block range even including the upwards diagonal, but i am not sure whether i have line of sight.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu May 23, 2013 10:46 am

madmartin26 wrote: Also, can i shoot the upgrade building from this lower level? I can get within the four block range even including the upwards diagonal, but i am not sure whether i have line of sight.
You can reach it, buildings are huge-ass constructions.

You wouldn't have LoS if there was a height difference of 2 and you were below, or for example you can't shoot over a cliff (e.g. from G5 to G9)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu May 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Sam moves to J1, and shoots the tower at K3.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Thu May 23, 2013 1:54 pm

The copterbot and nameless move to C1 While the balistbot and gunbots move to D2 before opening fire on the tower on E4

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu May 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Once E7 starts firing on us, I think we should focus on it. Hope it it not more than range 3. Since it looks like cannons, it might have splash damage, so maybe don't walk next to each other.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu May 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Jack, feeling even chipperer at his vp gain, moves to j3 and attacks k3
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Starswords
Of Few Words

Post by Starswords » Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 pm

K. Banger will move to I1 and release a Spider mine