Pokemon Amethyst RPG (Update!!!)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Pokemon Amethyst RPG (Back in Action)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:20 am

Mace Winters and Pete the Joltik

Mace sees Ian boot the venipede (I thought he was kicking one of the wurmples >:? ), only to get stung in the knee. "Ha! Serves you right for trying to kick small animals."

Mace hears Hugh having trouble with the Kecleon, and feels conflicted about going to help him out. He'd REALLY like to have a Venipede.... He sees all the other trainers converge on the bugs though, and figures he'll have to wait until next time. Kecleons are a harder catch, anyway.

"I'm coming Hugh!" Mace scoops up Pete and puts him on his head, running in Hugh's direction with his Joltik in tow.

Mace searches the bushes for the missing Kecleon.
Perception roll: 1d20  [14] = (14)

Below is if Mace sees it. If he doesn't see it, ignore everything below.
If he sees it, he'll point it out to Hugh. "There it is, go for it!"

"Pete, can you shoot over to that tree and hit it with a Spider Web from there?" Pete will Threaded Shift onto a tree closer to where the Kecleon is, and if he can reach it he will Spider Web the Kecleon to keep it from escaping.

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:01 pm

"I'm coming Hugh!"

"Huh? Oh yeah the lizard." Sal helps look completly forgetting the battle.

Perception:1d20+2=13

Dennis chases after Sal with a confused look.
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Danica and Cassie try to catch the remaining bugs. Danica succeeds again, getting herself a Wurmple, but Carrie isn't as lucky.
Though it seems like the Venipede was the really unlucky one here. First it gets tackled by Finn, badly injuring it and putting it close to fainting. Not willing to give up, it hits Ian with another Poison Sting, knocking off another 13Hp - however, then Karis hits it with a nasty Headbutt, which is much more than it can handle.

The others, meanwhile, begin a great search for the missing Kecleon. Unfortunately, they fail - it seems like the poor lizard was able to escape after all (needed 18+ on your perception rolls).

Ian, 40/68Hp
Mace, 21/40Hp

Pete (7), 20/27Hp, Poisoned
Charmander (7), Badly Injured, Captured
Venipede 1 (6), +2DEF CS, KO
Finn (6), 29/30Hp, -1SPD CS
Venipede 2 (5), +1DEF CS, -1SPD CS, KO
Kecleon (4), Badly Injured, Escaped
Karis (4)
Oddish (3), Badly Injured, Captured
Rex (3)
Jupiter (3), 29/34Hp
Fluffy (2), -1SPD CS
Wurmple 1 (2), Paralyzed, Captured
Wurmple 2 (2), KO
Wurmple 3 (2), Injured, Captured
Wurmple 4 (2), KO
Dennis (2)

Battle over! EXP to come later, no time right now.
Last edited by Dusk9 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 pm

"You decimated a pokemon. One that I was going after. Without asking."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Hugh just silently recalls his Snubull, not really saying anything or showing any discernible emotion. To his side however some rocks start floating. They fall back to the ground as soon as he shifts his eyes to them.

"We should continue. the types we found here will not nearly be enough to satisfy our demands, not to mention we will certainly not be successful if we do not coordinate better and we end up just killing the pokemon."

"Perhaps we should split up, instead of risking vastly overpowering our foes."

(Did I end up throwing that one pokeball? It was not mentioned.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:45 pm

"I would much rather go with you than these idiots."

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:46 pm

"Sorry Hugh, I tried to help. It sucks not being able to catch a hard-to-find pokemon like that..."

Mace looks around at the gang of trainers and at all the pokemon laying around that were accidentally beaten into unconsciousness.

"I wouldn't be against splitting up either. Less chance of messing up someone else's catch that way."

Speaking of which, what do we do with these pokemon we knocked out? Do we just... leave them here?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 pm

"Speaking of which, what do we do with these pokemon we knocked out? Do we just... leave them here?"

"They're dead." Hugh says so shortoff it probably makes Mace just stare for a few seconds.

He then turns to Carrie, taking her up from top to toe before saying- "Sure. I would be fine with that."

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"You decimated a pokemon. One that I was going after. Without asking."
"Decimation is in fact killing or destroying one in ten. I believe Karis did substantially more damage that that. However, this situation was simply a miscommunication. We need to better delegate who is attacking what so this situation does not occur again. Perhaps simply having only one Pokemon attack the same one at a time. I think that would succeed nicely." Danica suggests, walking over and gathering up her Pokeballs. "I would not suggest splitting up, however. It is not safe in the wilderness alone or in small groups. You never know when an evolved form could emerge. If the Charmander was any indication, there may be Charmeleon or even Charizard in the area. And as to not harming the Pokemon and making friends...While that would be desirable, our group has far different goals for that to succeed unless we agree to it beforehand. I for one, would be willing, although I will say that most Pokemon do not care for humans, so it is unlikely to work. The unconscious pokemon...I do not know. I might suggest we consider this hunting of a sort. If any of you have Carnivores, I would say let them enjoy a meal before we continue."

If the others agree to that, Danica will let Subject N1 out of her ball. "N1, if you are hungry, Karis and I have managed to subdue several Pokemon that you may eat. Do not take too long. I believe my companions wish to continue on quickly."
► Show Spoiler
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:29 pm

Carrie glares at Dancia "It should have been obvious I was going for the pokemon as soon as I threw the ball at it, you knew what you were doing." She lets out Princess. "Go and feast."

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Okay, Exp and Captures.

Danica got a Lv7 Stoic Male Charmander with Intimidate!
Danica got a Lv7 Quiet Female Wurmple with Shield Dust!
Sal got a Lv13 Modest Male Oddish with Overgrow!
Mace got a Lv7 Sassy Male Wurmple with Oblivious!

All Trainers get 510xp each, to split between the Pokemon that took part in the fight. Except Sam - he gets 612 thanks to that Ace Trainer bonus.

((Also, you're letting your Pokemon eat the KO'd ones? Eww........))

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:45 pm

"Yeah... I don't think I'm gonna stick around with you guys. Not today at least."

Mace walks over and picks up one of the Venipedes (specifically the one that Carrie wasn't going for) and carries it in both his arms.

"I, for one, prefer to let Nature take its course, without our help in making it easy for any predators around."

Mace looks at all the other trainers. "Whoever's going with, um...," he nods towards Hugh and Carrie, "those two, you can go with them. I'm heading back to town to get this little guy treated, and then I'm heading down one of the other Routes. If you wanna come along, that's fine, I don't mind."

"We can meet in town by nightfall, if that's alright with everyone? Maybe by then people will have cooled off a bit and caught a bunch of pokemon for the gym."

Mace will start walking back to town before having to witness the Snubulls chow down on the remaining pokemon.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Hugh will look at what the other two are thinking of doing, sighing as he remarks- "I was not under the impression that pokefood was that expensive..."

"If anything, just let nature take it's course. Some wild pokemon could use it better assuming they would not somehow still recover on their own."

He then sees Mace picking up one of the pokemon, preparing to head back to the city with it. He thinks for a short bit before eventually sighing and saying.
"Everything considered I think what you are doing is a stupid idea. I doubt the pokemon center will be willing to take a pokemon that is not bound to a pokeball after all. And caring for it on your own could be... Dangerous."

"Regardless... Good luck. And thanks for the attempt to help."

"Shall the rest of us move on then?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm

"Can they recover on their own? If so then....I'm not sure letting them eat them any more...Guys, stop....sorry I will get food for you when we get back alright?"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Mace lifts a hand to acknowledge Hugh, as he's walking away, without turning to look back.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 pm

"I am not certain really. But I believe it unlikely. That does not mean I think it a savage idea, even if it is what nature truly is."

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:13 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Very well...I suppose we are splitting up...I wish to continue on toward the Cave here. Does anyone wish to join me?" Danica will ask, waiting for Subject N1 to finish.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 pm

► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I guess for now I will go to the cave with you. Rex isn't hurt, and I would like to catch at least one other pokemon today. We can all meet up with Mace later to decide what we will do. You up for that Rex?

Bulb
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Looking back and forth between Mace and the rest of the group, "Well..." Sal Looks down at Dennis and his new pokemon.

"Trap Trapinch."

"I wish I knew what you meant... Hey hang on Mace."

Sal hurries to catch up with him, "I want to heal up Lee, and if your heading out on a different route I don't think that you should do it alone... If its ok that I join you?"

"Inch"

"Oh and Dennis to."
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:57 pm

"Caves are unlikely to hold pokemon I desire. But if everybody else insists, I guuuuuuuess I shall join."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 am

"Hmm. I think it may be unwise to split up. Though we have seen that most of us are at least capable of standing our ground... And I suppose we may find some interesting pokemon in the cave, so I'll tag along. Finn, come here buddy, let's get you patched up."

Ian pulls out his First Aid Kit and gets to work caring for Finn's injury, then starts walking after the others heading towards the cave.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 am

Danica will wait for N1 to finish and then Recall her. She will then begin the walk for the nearby cave, unless they have to search for it. In that case, she will search. If they don't have to look for it, she will keep any eye out for interesting Pokemon on the way.

Search Roll Either Way (1d20+2=14)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 am

"I am still of opinion we will find the pokemon we require within the caves. I would prefer continueing to search the forest." Hugh says.

"...But I suppose I will accompany the rest of you if that is our decision."

Hugh looks for pokemon on the way to the cave.

1d20-1=16

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 am

Search? Okay.