Civilization 6: ENTRIES for 2nd Round CLOSED

Home to all current Forum Games.
kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Civilization 6: ENTRIES OPEN

Post by kida » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:48 am

Please remove my vote for pro.
I also suggest removing the over budget people from the vote to make them resubmit their vote

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:59 am

That isn't a bad idea, but since I listed the "cost" beside each line item it is hopefully easier to change their votes.
If people just want to tell me what they no longer want i will happily change it for them. Reposting the list for page 5.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 am

This is why I gave people a week for entries to remain open. Heh. Interesting to watch. Entries Close on Friday... not sure what time, probably afternoonish.

Edited to add: I'm working on the opening ceremonies right now, just typing where my fingers will go, and it looks like you're going to be ending up with shipbuilding materials good for three ships (or one giant ship) --- not going to start with anything, you'll have to build with what you get (though Redstone + Warpstone + Steampunk precious metal mine will make things interesting). With that in mind you might want to rethink how your race's members are divided up (as well as the Skaven, who start with double population rather than just 70). I've already erased all the mockups from earlier.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 am

If it came down to changing my vote or losing it I'd remove monster zoo & put it in the second round.
I'm still reading shifters.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:This is why I gave people a week for entries to remain open. Heh. Interesting to watch. Entries Close on Friday... not sure what time, probably afternoonish.

Edited to add: I'm working on the opening ceremonies right now, just typing where my fingers will go, and it looks like you're going to be ending up with shipbuilding materials good for three ships (or one giant ship) --- not going to start with anything, you'll have to build with what you get (though Redstone + Warpstone + Steampunk precious metal mine will make things interesting). With that in mind you might want to rethink how your race's members are divided up (as well as the Skaven, who start with double population rather than just 70). I've already erased all the mockups from earlier.
But don't we have a citadel and island also?
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 am

Just take off Jack of All Trades, Celestial Event, and Warpstone Deposit.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Might I suggest something...If those of you who chose Monster zoo, were to instead choose...anything else...and then choose half-breed as your race. We would still have more races, more population & no skaven, because frankly, having skaven (who hate everyone) in our tribe, scares me.

Also, fixed for you davecom and you D34d

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Inherantly this shows the problem of people these days...everyone wants their particular favored race without really thinking about the society at a whole...just like the internet...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Quarg --- you'll have a central base of operations (neutral territory for pirates, like a pirate city) and a "home base".

And if you think this is bad, I intend to post to /b/ on Wednesday with a list of all the races people picked, to make people go "How the hell does that work"? Heh.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Well, Quarg, if we (and others) work together, and form enough of an alliance on certain things, we could make a truly great civilization that will stand the test of time.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Well I will admit to taking the ponies as just a bit of a joke...but one that has grown on me for two reasons:

The Pegasi can control weather and fly...two serious benefits to a waterborne society...(And if you don't know how having a couple of flying horses can benefit a ship operating at sea then you have not studied sea tactics..

(I will gladly turn the ponies into a half-breed but I don't have any idea of a workable half breed that would maintain the Pegasi element we need)

Edit: Ponies can't be a half breed...

And neither can Centaurs there badge...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:38 pm

The Drow are with the Formicids, huh? Well, i guess we can make it work. Tolerance and all that.

Personally, i love the idea of having airships, and if we have both air and water ships then i would prefer to be on an airship, but either would be awesome.

One idea if it isn't to complicated: since the majority of the population is going to be on ships, could we make the racial pros and cons apply to the groups based on the races on the ship? Meaning, a ship with only dwarves would have the pros and cons of dwarves only when attempting soemthing, whereas a dwarf/minotaur ship woud have the pros and cons of both. To me this makes sense because while the ships are allied and will definitely interact and help each other, they are essentially seperate environments and will spend enough time away from the others to have their own cultures. Also, it seems like a good way to give the ships individuality.

I would also like to switch my tweak vote from warzone to abandoned citadel. Hopefully that helps!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Home base kind of negates that idea since ships wouldn't always be on the open water.

Another List, just trying to keep everything in one place. If i missed you, please let me know.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:43 pm

madmartin26 wrote:The Drow are with the Formicids, huh? Well, i guess we can make it work. Tolerance and all that.
The Formacids can provide the non-magic muscle! :)

Though if we had Extra Arms, they could provide even more non-magic muscle.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:46 pm

The pros and cons stand as they are; how you deal with them remains to be seen. :P The ships will have individuality, trust me.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 pm

madmartin26 wrote:One idea if it isn't to complicated: since the majority of the population is going to be on ships, could we make the racial pros and cons apply to the groups based on the races on the ship? Meaning, a ship with only dwarves would have the pros and cons of dwarves only when attempting soemthing, whereas a dwarf/minotaur ship woud have the pros and cons of both. To me this makes sense because while the ships are allied and will definitely interact and help each other, they are essentially seperate environments and will spend enough time away from the others to have their own cultures. Also, it seems like a good way to give the ships individuality.
Yeah, he already shot that down unfortunately. a lot of of our cons are gonna come back and bite us in the ass thanks to monster zoo.
Quarg wrote:Ponies can't be a half breed...

And neither can Centaurs there badge...
Yeah that irked me too.
Aegis J Hyena wrote:I'm working on the opening ceremonies right now, just typing where my fingers will go, and it looks like you're going to be ending up with shipbuilding materials good for three ships (or one giant ship) --- not going to start with anything, you'll have to build with what you get (though Redstone + Warpstone + Steampunk precious metal mine will make things interesting)...

...I've already erased all the mockups from earlier.
Agh... Adding nomadic to my vote, half because I want to roam the seas, half to spite this.

And even if I don't start with one, I have a plan...

My current tweak votes:
Nomadic
pirates
Resource poor -
Mysterious Benefactor
Interracial+
Dragon's blood
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:
madmartin26 wrote:The Drow are with the Formicids, huh? Well, i guess we can make it work. Tolerance and all that.
The Formacids can provide the non-magic muscle! :)

Though if we had Extra Arms, they could provide even more non-magic muscle.
Hrm, well if the formicids are providing a lot of the muscle, then could i change the number melee fighters from 20 to 10 and the wizards from 10 to 20(15 combat and 5 utility)?

Then the Drow can concentrate more on blasting and shooting the enemies. :)

Edit: more nomad support, yay!

edit again: i just noticed that we're voting based on cost of tweaks now (seems a little odd, but whatever), so give me a chance to think about how to fix that.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Technically, we were supposed to be voting that way...that being said, you have 10 tweaks to "spend" as you see fit.. meaning you could vote for 10 tweaks which all cost 1 or 5 tweaks that all cost 2.

Current Top Tweaks
(-1) 7 - Pirates (Chuck, Noland, Quarg, D34d, madmartin26, Badge, kelten)
(-1) 6 - Tolerant ( Alean, NoLand, Quarg, madmartin26, Davecom3, Saru)
(-1) 5 - Abandoned citadel (kelten, Saru, Bahamut, NewOneAround, Madmartin26)
(-1) 5 - Dragon's blood (Chuck, madmartin26, Aegis, Badge, SVM)
(-2) 5 - Monster Zoo (NoLand, Quarg, Kelten, D34d, madmartin26, Davecom3)
(-1) 5 - Redstone (NoLand, Alaen, Quarg,kida, NewOneAround)
(-1) 5 - Resource Poor- (Chuck, NoLand, kida, Badge, NewOneAround)
(-1) 5 - Steampunk (Alaen, Quarg, kida, madmartin26, Badge)
Tie for place 9 & 10
(-1) 4 - Warzone (Quarg, kida, Bahamut, NewOneAround)
(-1) 4 - Post Apoc (D34d, Saru, SVM, Bahamut)
(-2) 4 - Mysterious Benefactor (Chuck,Quarg, madmartin26, NewOneAround)
(-2) 4 - Interracial+ (Chuck, Badge, Davecom3, SVM)
(-1) 4 - Extra Arms (Aegis, SVM, NewOneAround, Badge, )
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:09 pm

new tweak votes:

pirates (1)
abandoned citadel (2)
nomadic (3)
tolerant (4)
steampunk (5)
space (6)
pst apoc (7)
mysterious benefactor (9)
Dragon's blood (10)

I guess i had misunderstood, i thought we were voting for 10 tweaks (of any cost), and the top 7 points worth of tweaks would be taken with the next three points worth would be unlockable.

Anyway, sorry for all the changes, still trying to figure this all out.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Updated your changes^

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 pm

What pisses me off is I'm going to have to get rid of my Ponies to get rid of the damn rats...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Although i agree with you Quarg, I would wait at least until the 25th, we don't know if anymore people will vote, which may change the landscape fairly drastically.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Quarg wrote:What pisses me off is I'm going to have to get rid of my Ponies to get rid of the damn rats...
Yeah. Personally i'm pretty sad that so many of the cons and pros are global, it takes all the viability and fun out of having monster zoo. :(

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Quarg....I have a proposal for you....

If you can make certain that monster zoo will not happen, i will vote for ponies...as much as i love my dwarvotaurs...i will do this to end monster zoo..

Granted, I will only make this change on lets say...the 26th...and your changing your vote means monster zoo not happening...I hope you understand that bit.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:40 pm

I will agree to this at the moment...
but we do need to convince one other person to drop the monster ball...
(I liked your dwarvotaur concept too actually...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr