3 days to next update....

Discuss the comic here!
Kore
Speaks Quietly

3 days to next update....

Post by Kore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 pm

according to current countdown clock. Seems a little too quick to be true.

So we may have to throw in some more .... ***fanfic*** then, mwhawhawhahahaha! (Had a crazy little flash this morning)

Here is a preview:

"Thump, crash!"

"Kore lay on the ground, bones broken, bruised and bleeding. So much left to do and now he was going to die? It was not fair."

(I wonder if anyone will guess who beats up Kore in crazy fanfic)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: 3 days to next update....

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:43 pm

THunt did mention in a Tweet that the countdown clock should say 5 days...
THunt's Twitter Feed wrote: The countdown clock says 3 days when it should say 5.
12:41:55 AM January 17, 2014
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Thunt
Draws Goblins

Post by Thunt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:23 pm

The clock is broken. It'll be fixed soon and it'll only display days in the countdown, and not mention hours/minutes. This way my updates won't be considered late. :paranoia:

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:38 pm

You should consider getting rid of it altogether. It's not like people can stop picking on update times.
Or maybe add "approximate" to it in huge red letters.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:11 pm

THunt your updates are always just in time!

Have you considered letting somebody do "in between" comics for you though? It means you could take a little more time between updates and could (ha ha like you ever would) take a vacation and the site would maintain its entertainment value.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Well lots of comics have "Guest Comic weeks" where they post fan comics and such to let the author build up a buffer. Not really Thunt's kind of thing really...at least not for a while now)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Thunt wrote:The clock is broken. It'll be fixed soon and it'll only display days in the countdown, and not mention hours/minutes. This way my updates won't be considered late. :paranoia:
It should say "GOBLIN days". After all, who said one of their days is 24 hours like ours? :lol:

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:08 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:Well lots of comics have "Guest Comic weeks" where they post fan comics and such to let the author build up a buffer. Not really Thunt's kind of thing really...at least not for a while now)
It should "be his thing". It wont stop the complaining completely, but it would at least give people something to look at in between. I'm just not sure he get's enough fan submissions for it to help though, I dunno.

As for the count down clock... I'd say it out lived it's usefulness and I wouldn't care it it was gone.

Timberboar
Remains Silent

Post by Timberboar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:27 pm

On the contrary, I find it quite useful. I usually pull up the comic on Monday morning, add a day to whatever the timer says (since it usually hits after I've gone home for the day), and know when to check back for Goblin-y goodness.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:29 pm

I check daily under the guise of checking the clock for an update date....

It's really so THunt can get the ad revenue. The comic is a bonus. A really looked forward to, awesome, bonus.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:47 pm

I preferred when there were hours as well as days in the clock, even if the hours sometimes changed. Living in a different timezone to North America, when it says "today" I have to go look up what day it is to Thunt, and when that day finishes relative to my own. But it doesn't really matter; I just look again later in the day.

It would probably help if I had a Twitter account, but the only thing I would use it for is waiting for the word 'boop' from Thunt, so I can't be bothered setting it up.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:46 am

Just and one day to whatever times shows.