Speculation about Kin/ Serpent Prophesy

Discuss the comic here!
DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Speculation about Kin/ Serpent Prophesy

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:43 pm

THunt's said there should be no question when the prophecy plays out, but then I guess then we can still have disagreements over whether something was obvious enough to be the prophecy or not. :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Prophesies never come out the way you think they will.. but they always have that "ah ha!" moment when they do.

Or is the "oh maaaaaan" moment?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:24 pm

if THunt said that, and meant it, I would say its still very slightly likely this could be the fulfillment. But most likely is not.

Hello again btw Coffee!
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Steelhaven
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Twelvth

Post by Steelhaven » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Seems like it is to me. Minmax looks pretty hateful right now, projecting his feelings of being rejected to the coming combat situation.

Then Kore and Forgath kill each other and everyone can stop talking about it. Win win! We'll know within the next few pages, I think.

tpg
Remains Silent

Post by tpg » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:29 pm

I am wondering if the whole prophecy has already been completed.

Forgath, minmax, and kin repeated the maze several million times right. So technically, forgath has died a ton of times likely horribly already. And all the parts of the prophecy could have been been met on some of those forgotten loops.

YardMeat
Voices Opinions

Post by YardMeat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:19 am

tpg wrote:I am wondering if the whole prophecy has already been completed.

Forgath, minmax, and kin repeated the maze several million times right. So technically, forgath has died a ton of times likely horribly already. And all the parts of the prophecy could have been been met on some of those forgotten loops.
Hm, I don't think that's likely. The wall in Brassmoon implied that the prophecy (including Forgath's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day) would be fulfilled after they find the goblins again.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Not only that, but we've established a few times already that the prophecy coming true in the Maze of Many is a gigantic cop-out so beneath Thunt that he would need a sizemagraph to know about it.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:37 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:Not only that, but we've established a few times already that the prophecy coming true in the Maze of Many is a gigantic cop-out so beneath Thunt that he would need a sizemagraph to know about it.

A what now? Perhaps you meant a Seismograph?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

...This is what I get for relying on Google Search's suggestions on how to spell.

tpg
Remains Silent

Post by tpg » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 am

I don't think it would be any more of a Cop out than any other method of avoiding or delaying killing Forgath. I mean, if he gets resurrected or somehow avoids dying in this arc and lives until the end of the story, or the Forgath of another reality(via teacup) shows up and dies instead of him. I mean as far as I am concerned any of these would be roughly equivalent. But I also would rather that Forgath didn't die. I don't want to imagine a world without splying...

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:39 pm

You're right, they're all equivalent...and ALL things to which Thunt would never stoop so low.

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:47 pm

(The viper clan rather than Kin could still be primary serpent, all it takes is a little talking, eg "we were hunting you because of white terror... no that's the viper clan leader, we hate them too")

Schkliba
Remains Silent

Post by Schkliba » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Sorry if this is something already refuted or denied, but isn't this discussion too focused on the idea, that all three claims of witch the Prophesy consists of (1.the serpent becoming prey, 2.love fueling hate, 3. friends becoming enemies) are all connected with more than being circumstances of Forgath's death? Because for example the serpent could be anything, even a real snake eaten by hedgehog or bird or more metaphorically the serpent is representing a predator (powerful character like.. well... Kore) hunted by something more powerful (maybe GAP and FM turning battle in their favor or more likely the guy who "gifted" Kore with no sense for Good and Evil and eternal paladin state). And the love fueling hate...? As crazy as it may sound I think that Prophesy doesn't mean love between MinMax and Kin but rather brother-love between MinMax and Forgath...