Walter Moers

Moderators: Community Moderators, Chat Moderators

lingrem
Former Mod

Walter Moers

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Anyone here a fan of Walter Moers? He's a German author, so I only get to read the English translations... but I love his books. Sometimes I find his writing style dry, but his ideas I find hilarious!

I bring this up only because I just got one of his books in the mail that I'd ordered ages ago, so I'm looking forward to reading it!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Re: Walter Moers

Post by Arydra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I am always on the lookout for new books, what are some of his books called?
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

lingrem
Former Mod

Re: Walter Moers

Post by lingrem » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 am

The City of Dreaming Books, the 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, the Alchemaster's Apprentice, A Wild Ride Through the Night, and Rumo.

City of Dreaming Books - is about a dinosaur author who's in a city fulllll of books.
The 13 1/2 lives is, you guessed it, about a Bluebear and his adventures as he grows up.
The Alchemaster's Apprentice is about a cat!
A Wild Ride Through the Night - is about a boy who's made a deal with Death.
Rumo - it's about a Dog but I haven't read it yet. I'm saving it.

He's a German author, and the translation into English can sometimes be dry, but.. they're so imaginative. Think about wacky children's picture books.. and then translate them into being adult novels. I love them so much, they're some of most unique stories I've read.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!