Kore and the Axe with other thoughts.

Discuss the comic here!
Blacane01
Remains Silent

Kore and the Axe with other thoughts.

Post by Blacane01 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 am

Just a thought. Kore is alluded to be possibly undead. If he is not undead he is possibly old as the nine hells. In the detailed notes on the Axe of P, It is stated that one Paladin survived. Kore is this Paladin. This theory is supported by him exclaiming "The Axe!" when he see's Big Ears with it. This does indicated that he knows of the Axe in some way and its entirely possible that he was the one to forge the weapon. It's also possible that this is just a legendary weapon that has passed down in legend. But how many people would know what the Axe would look like. He has been in contact with it in some manner because he knew what it was upon seeing it. Big Ears never had a clue as to what it was, only that it was evil and linked to Sarl Cain. Now that being said, Clerics were involved in said battle as well. Forgath is a cleric. Its given that our friend "Forgy" will die to Kore. But thats too obvious. Anybody remember that dwarf kid in the start of the comic? Its implied that he died. We know that Minmax does not kill Forgath. Since we do not know where Forgath is from, could it be that Forgath is friends with Kore??? Or maybe that the Dwarf kid was Forgaths kinfolk? People are looking for the foreshadowing of Kin getting killed but remember that line "when the serpent becomes your prey, Friends will become enemies, and love will fuel hate"? Clan Viper could be the serpent and in that respect the Serpent is currently Forgaths unknown prey. They think Gap are responcible for White Terror. Also Kin could count as the Serpent. Friends, Minmax-Forgath, GAP, Dies group. Love, Thaco-Complains, Kin-Minmax, Fumbles-Gap, Dies-Fox possible, Dies-Gap. So the theory that everyone is negging on is Forgath gets killed or kills Kore useing the Racial Axe. Equips cursed armor and becomes a Cleric for Kores deity in a way. Its possible that only the armor is from that battle with Uber demon and that its cursed due to bad voodoo from the fight. Regardless Forgath starts killing all, and the thing most recent in his mind is Kin. Kills her, pisses off Max. Next Idea. Kin realizes she loves MinMax and ports to be with him and save him. The ports in as Kore is unleashing his crossbows. BaM. Dead snake. Minmax hates dwarves after that. No friendship, Mostly hate, no 200$ pass go. Main point here is that there are too many loose ends for anybody to predict what the hell is going to happen. Between Die, Fox, Grem (still alive possibly) Biscuit, Duv, Shiv, Dies renegade green hand, The three other PCs, Not-Walter, Herbert, FM-K, GAP, Kore, Demon Axe, and hopefully Monster Adventuring party, things are pretty uncertain. My only hope is that Dragon maw has a dragon. That would round things out nicely. I hope that I have pegged Kores origin for ya. Thanks for letting me rant. Its my only feat. :thumbsup:

Blacane01
Remains Silent

Re: Kore and the Axe with other thoughts.

Post by Blacane01 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:14 am

Here is a bad ass thought. White terror with both of the green blobs (dies hand) acting as wings. She would love to have them, and they would love to have her. Its sick, its twisted, I like the thought.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm not going to touch all of that, but re: Kore identifying the axe...
The spell works so that any paladin who comes in contact with it, tangible or intangible at the time, gets its origin downloaded into their brain. http://www.goblinscomic.org/08122007/ last paragraph. Big Ears did swing it through him just before that comment.
Also, though it would take me a while to dig up the links, Kore has encountered that axe before in relatively recent history. Specifically, he twice tried to kill another paladin for it. It was in a series of quick bios of previous wielders. So Kore already has two good reasons to know what the Axe is.
On prophecy theories, well, my favorite way I've seen prophecies handled in fiction is when the author makes them apply to more than one thing at once. THunt is more than capable of pulling this off. I think it's why these discussions have gone on for years without any general agreement. There are multiple ways each line can be seen as fulfilled, or likely to be fulfilled, and that they're not mutually exclusive has me believing that all theories may be true. And that's why this is as much as I will ever take part in prophecy speculation.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

PatchworkBBC
Mutters to Themself

Post by PatchworkBBC » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Blacane01 wrote:Here is a bad ass thought. White terror with both of the green blobs (dies hand) acting as wings. She would love to have them, and they would love to have her. Its sick, its twisted, I like the thought.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/08282006/

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:19 pm

About Kore knowing the Axe and how it looks like.
BigEars cut through him just before he regenice it, and the axe is made so that any paladin touching it will learn all of its history instantly! same way that BE learned what it was and how to use it.
-Best regards LAYF

Blacane01
Remains Silent

Post by Blacane01 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks for the info on that. I was thinking that the paladin in question had to grab the axe to get the info on it. Also I am currently looking for the aforementioned links that give character bios to the Axe owners. Will link if found.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:48 pm

FAQ thread under "Other helpful links."
Destination http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=112523

ETA: I can assume the end of Kevitch's ownership needed it, but do I recall them correctly to say Big Ears is the only certain case of a paladin having to kill another owner to get it? Out of evil hands, understandably, but I'm curious now.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

nope.. no paladin have killed to gain the Axe as far as I know... but that reminds me.. Kore have seen the axe before.. when he attacked a dwarf paladin, twice:
Flejj Hillmover wrote: Third distant wielder of the AOP from Big ears.- Male Dwarf. He fought Kore twice and survived. His family was not so lucky. He shaved his beard in shame.
with thanks to GiantITP forum, all known weilders of the AOP:
Wielders of the Axe of Prissan wrote: Starting with the most recent

Big Ears - Male Goblin Paladin. One of the protagonists of the story and current wielder of the axe.
Saral Caine* - Evil Male Half Stone Giant/Half Human. Ally of Dellyn Goblinslayer and minor antagonist in the Brassmoon arc.
Dri Featherknife - Female Human Rogue/Paladin. She was killed by Goblinslayer and Saral Caine after uncovering their plot to frame the sherrif of Brassmoon for murder.
Flejj Hillmover - Male Dwarf. He fought Kore twice and survived. His family was not so lucky. He shaved his beard in shame.

----

Felsibeth "Soot" Blackbringer - Young Female Human Paladin. Youngest to ever wield the axe.
Kelstride Blackbringer - Male Human Paladin. Soot's Father. Former chimney sweep. Killed by a Kobold stampede.
Drose - Genderless Golem Paladin. Drose passed the Axe to Kelstride Blackbringer to prevent the demon imprisoned within from taking control of his body.
Eled of the East - "Fat, over confident" Paladin. Was given the axe by Myorg.
Mryorg* - Evil Male Ogre. Beat (but did not kill) Vilias Red in combat and took the Axe from her. Used it to cause great suffering before eventually giving it to Elad purely to make the demon contained within suffer after coming so close to freedom.
Vilias Red* - Female Human Rogue. Was friends with Tivoth Fastfoot and took the axe after Tivoth died in battle with the intention of giving it to another Paladin.
Tivoth Fastfoot - Male Paladin. Encountered Vilias Red looting a corpse and assumed she had murdered the man. Once he realized she was innocent, the two became friends and traveled together.

----

Kevitch Gritland* - Evil Male... formerly... Human maybe... Fighter/Wizard. Horribly mutated by an evil swamp. Killed Eldrock Cloudcry and claimed the axe as his own.
Eldrock Cloudcry - Known in name only.

-----

Cal - Male Gnome Paladin. Egotistic gambler. Had a powerful, icy magic effect.
Jelbin Crae - Male Human Paladin. Gave Cal the Axe willingly. Nothing else is known.

*Confirmed non-Paladin
-Best regards LAYF

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:12 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:nope.. no paladin have killed to gain the Axe as far as I know...
Big ears did.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes, but the question was if anyone else had done it..
-Best regards LAYF

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Big Ears had already claimed the Axe, killing Saral Caine was self defense
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Too much anti Kore propoganda here!
Your father... was seduced by the Dark Seeds of the Evil. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and "became" Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true...
Kore does not kill people, the seeds of evil do. Kore saves people, just as in the end Anakin thanked Luke for saving him.

Kore is a dwarf rather than a monster. Kore clearly is Paladin, the axe did not hurt him. Isn't it much simpler to realise that Kore is the good guy, rather than a bunch of goblin monsters? Especially one who says "I am Flesh Ripper the goblin! I have come to devour your souls and bath in your blood" - http://www.goblinscomic.org/05142008/

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Well, Big Ears had claimed it mid-battle, but he hadn't gotten away with it until Saral Caine was dead. Which was in doubt for a few pages after.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Kore wrote:
Your father... was seduced by the Dark Seeds of the Evil. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and "became" Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true...
Kore does not kill people, the seeds of evil do. Kore saves people, just as in the end Anakin thanked Luke for saving him.
Somehow Kore and George Lucas being on the same philosophical page is just so...perfect.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm

There was that comic where Ears implied that it was a special form of detect evil that he couldn't turn off, in which case Forgath should be able to sense it. But he wouldn't necessarily understand that it was a good thing that Big Ears has the axe.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Steelhaven
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Twelvth

Post by Steelhaven » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Well, forgath was a cleric rather than a paladin. Cleric's don't detect evil.
► Show Spoiler

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Steelhaven wrote:Well, forgath was a cleric rather than a paladin. Cleric's don't detect evil.
I beg to differ.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 am

ForgetsOldName wrote: But he wouldn't necessarily understand that it was a good thing that Big Ears has the axe.
I thought the Axe only broadcast like that when it was in evil hands; the spiritual equivalent of blowing a rape whistle. It isn't giving Ears migraines and nosebleeds anymore. Kore didn't seem to be aware of its presence until it passed through him.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/08122007/

Steelhaven
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Twelvth

Post by Steelhaven » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:09 am

RedwoodElf wrote:
Steelhaven wrote:Well, forgath was a cleric rather than a paladin. Cleric's don't detect evil.
I beg to differ.
Okay, granted, but for them it's a spell, rather than a spell like ability.
► Show Spoiler

warrl
Of Few Words

Post by warrl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Avoiding the discussion and going back to the thread subject line...

"The axe with other thoughts" would be a really perverse, twisted magical (probably intelligent) weapon.
My blog: Alien America - amusing incidents and creative misinterpretations