6%
Other
8%

Total votes: 36

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Death Poll November 16, 2013

Post by Davis8488 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:42 pm

This is an open ended poll, and answers can be changed (if say a turn of events makes you change your mind).

fixed the date - RS
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Death Poll November 16, 2011

Post by Davis8488 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:01 pm

I am interested, as he first reply is "Other", who you think will be next to die if not one of those I've listed.

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm

This was hard.

I wanted to say Fumbles because the core group of GAP has maintained its consistency throughout (Dies, Chief, and Fumbles are really unessential elements to the core mission that GAP has). But because of the prophecy, I have to say Forgath. I do think, however, it is entirely possible that more than one person will die in this fight (and that's not even counting Kore).
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm with SGTdude on this one ... and am sad, 'cos I don't want any of them (well, except Kore obviously) to die.
All hail the power of the stick!

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Well dont forget...

This is just the Kore Fight. They still have Dragon's Maw to survive before our little lost goblins find their way home.

To quote a movie title...

There will be blood.

Restomak
Mutters to Themself

Post by Restomak » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 am

I, on the other hand, do not want Kore to die. There is so much mystery involving his character and all that has happened surrounding him that it would be a shame for it to end so soon. I don't think he is likely to die any time soon, however; I think we have a lot more to see of Kore before he finally leaves the realm in peace.

That said, I voted for Big Ears. I do not know if Forgath will die in this upcoming fight, but I expect it of him. That said, I don't know if he will be the first or last to die in this upcoming fight, or if he'll be the only to die, so I voted for Big Ears just because he is my second guess.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 am

I have nothing to add to the topic... but isn't the title supposed to be "Death Poll November 16, 2013"?

Unless we've traveled backwards by two years, then Carry On.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:03 am

You've an excellent point, Wolfie. That is quite definitely what the title was meant to say. I do not, however, know how to rectify the situation other than to offer my apologies to the community for my error, and to be more careful in the future.

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am

I thought about big ears being all "i sacrifice myself for the greater good" but I just dont see that happening...

yet.

Its gonna be good if he sticks with GAP/FMK

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Death Poll November 16, 2013

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:42 am

Davis8488 wrote:You've an excellent point, Wolfie. That is quite definitely what the title was meant to say. I do not, however, know how to rectify the situation other than to offer my apologies to the community for my error, and to be more careful in the future.
You just have to edit the title in the original post. I took care of it for you. :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:00 am

RocketScientist wrote:
Davis8488 wrote:You've an excellent point, Wolfie. That is quite definitely what the title was meant to say. I do not, however, know how to rectify the situation other than to offer my apologies to the community for my error, and to be more careful in the future.
You just have to edit the title in the original post. I took care of it for you. :)
And now you know!

(Just click the EDIT button on the original post and go to town.)
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

RocketScientist wrote:You just have to edit the title in the original post. I took care of it for you. :)
Thank you, I appreciate the help, and advice.
Wolfie wrote:And now you know!
"And knowing is half the battle!"
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Davis8488 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:And now you know!
"And knowing is half the battle!"
► Show Spoiler
Which I why I said it. :)
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 am

I'm refraining from voting, mostly because I'm still hoping that something will save Forgath, even though it seems like he will die soon. Last time we discussed this, I wrote my opinion, and it hasn't really changed. I think that both Complains and Minmax are too important to the story right now to die.

I think Kin will survive for a while longer, either going through the maze, or taking the teapot back to her tribe. Thaco, while awesome, isn't that important. He is a great supporting character, but I think that Complains will soon fall into the leading role that Thaco had under Chief's rule. Fumbles should get a pass just because of everything he has been through, but we know that THunt doesn't keep characters alive for silly reasons like that. I still think he will stay around for a while. Big Ears wasn't supposed to make it this far anyway, but THunt changed his mind because he liked the character so much. I hope that will be enough to save him for the rest of the comic.

Dies, I believe, will die a horrible death before this comic is over. It will happen, and knowing THunt it will be much worse than any of us thought it would be. Saves-a-Fox might survive though.

Forgath will die of course, but I think that both Minmax and Kin will survive and be happy in the end. I think that's all the main good guys.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Madfox11
Mutters to Themself

Post by Madfox11 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:04 am

Didn't Dies already die a horrific dead by the demons?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:45 am

That's exactly what not enough readers realise, there was a big red "-10" and everything!
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:01 am

THunt also mentioned (in live stream I think) that DiesHorribly's actual death is still to come, and he'll live up to his name.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 am

I am also surprised that some still want him to die horribly again, as if he did not do that already. Poor Dies! :/
Although I am not reading much beside the game forum, and therefore don't know about the live stream, I am kind of sad that such spoilers are given, especially for sad things. I wished they weren't given. :(
:zzz:

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 am

I believe it was mentioned in response to some people think his name meant that he was horrible at dying instead of his death being horrific.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:03 am

Hm, but wasn't that idea older than the scene with the demoness?
:zzz:

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Nerre wrote:I am also surprised that some still want him to die horribly again, as if he did not do that already. Poor Dies! :/
But then, his name isn't "Will die horribly", it's "Dies Horribly". It's not what he will do (or now, has done and is now free of that destiny), it's what he DOES. I expect him to die several times, each more horribly than the last. So, yeah, he COULD be next, but I doubt it.
When his last one finally takes, I hope he looks Y&B up and kicks her lumpy, dumpy posterior, then listens to her protestations that she was merely the Voice of That which set his fate, and he then goes looking for Mag -- oops, can't say that, only to find out his REAL target is Herbert. (Did you read the last few of Heinlein's books? Basically, his major characters realized they were fictional characters, and one of their quests was to find the SoB Author that had put them through pain and sorrow for way too many years. I doubt that's much of a spoiler.)

Veya
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Veya » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Jochi wrote:
Nerre wrote:I am also surprised that some still want him to die horribly again, as if he did not do that already. Poor Dies! :/
But then, his name isn't "Will die horribly", it's "Dies Horribly". It's not what he will do (or now, has done and is now free of that destiny), it's what he DOES. I expect him to die several times, each more horribly than the last.
Honestly, I always assumed that Y&B just foresaw his future up to the point of his death, and then decided that anything after that point was uneeded(since he was already dead, and did not expect him to come back) before slapping the name on him, and everything from the point he was revived on is completelly unrelated to his prophetic name.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:50 am

Veya wrote:
Jochi wrote:
But then, his name isn't "Will die horribly", it's "Dies Horribly". It's not what he will do (or now, has done and is now free of that destiny), it's what he DOES. I expect him to die several times, each more horribly than the last.
Honestly, I always assumed that Y&B just foresaw his future up to the point of his death, and then decided that anything after that point was uneeded(since he was already dead, and did not expect him to come back) before slapping the name on him, and everything from the point he was revived on is completelly unrelated to his prophetic name.
Y&B's prophecies seem to be spontaneous and uncontrolled. After all, she had no real reason to care what happened to Forgath (As Forgath immediately lampshaded) - so presumably Y&B just got a vision of one of Dies' deaths (whether the one we already saw or his eventual final death we don't know)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:41 am

"When the serpent becomes your prey"

No serpents in this poll.... Kin, Duv, Vipers in general.

But good to see a list full of names of monsters and those who associated with monsters and people hoping that their choice will die soon.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Kore wrote:"When the serpent becomes your prey"

No serpents in this poll.... Kin, Duv, Vipers in general.

But good to see a list full of names of monsters and those who associated with monsters and people hoping that their choice will die soon.
The prophecy was given to Forgath, the dwarf less guaranteed to kill his prey of the two in comic. Had a certain Paladin been told a serpent would become his prey, I would see them as being in far graver danger.

► Show Spoiler