Thuntonian Gear

Discuss the comic here!
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Thuntonian Gear

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:38 pm

This is a companion thread to the "Thuntonian Biota" and Duke's excellent "FMK Realities", and will serve as a compiled list of all the unique or magic items that Thunt has populated the Goblins with thus far. Some may be 'standard' D&D fare, others are completely Thunt's invention. For any names that aren't given in comic, I went with whatever seemed descriptive. Feel free to suggest others. In looking through the archive, this has gotten me even more excited for the Goblins game...

Your help with suggestions, links, screen captures, and any tidbits dropped during streaming/twitter/special updates, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Weapons:
► Show Spoiler

Armor/Clothing:
► Show Spoiler
Sophisticated Adventuring Tools/Other Items:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Re: Thuntonian Equipment and Items

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Just a quick thought, and sorry for being off-topic. The Goblins has an unofficial wiki page too, which isn't linked on the main site, but I'm pretty sure there is only one of it. These nice collections (biota, equipment, etc.) might aswell go there where an organized structure could help people find and collect easier whatever they want about the comic... I mean, you guys are incredibly awesome for spending energy on gathering all this stuff, it's just maybe this forum's engine might not be giving it enough justice. We can't pin everything and it would be a shame for posts like these falling deep down in the archives...
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:01 pm

The 'hook' Goblinslayer made was a sickle. A bladed weapon with the cutting edge on the inside of the curve. If I'm remembering all of my details correctly.

Also, they tested the Sword of Copying on flesh in the comic, and nothing happened. They guessed it only copied inorganic matter.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:06 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:Just a quick thought, and sorry for being off-topic.
Not off topic at all.

Master TMO wrote:The 'hook' Goblinslayer made was a sickle. A bladed weapon with the cutting edge on the inside of the curve. If I'm remembering all of my details correctly.
I wasn't sure what to call it, but it didn't look like a sickle to me... it's curved, but then points straight out. The outside edge seems to be sharpened, and the point can be used to stab. http://www.goblinscomic.org/02152009/
Master TMO wrote:Also, they tested the Sword of Copying on flesh in the comic, and nothing happened. They guessed it only copied inorganic matter.

I knew there was a reason that passed through my head.... :roll: Should have read teh page I linked.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:08 pm

There's also the sword that Complains used against the Yellow musk creeper: http://www.goblinscomic.org/06242006/

Not sure what attributes it had, but it seems like his secondary blade in case.
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

OnceUponATime
Whispers Softly

Post by OnceUponATime » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Ring of Epic Blinking and Ring of ?? are one and the same (IMHO).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 pm

OnceUponATime wrote:Ring of Epic Blinking and Ring of ?? are one and the same (IMHO).
No, he uses ?? here to knock MM back http://www.goblinscomic.org/09022011/ and then is looking for his Ring of Epic Blinking (to cast blink) to transport himself to where MM ran to.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

jakesdad
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: jakesdad

Post by jakesdad » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Any chance Thunt will do an Altspanations style update where he lists all of the descriptions for the items in the Maze of Many treasure room? You know with his attention to detail, he must have detailed info on all of them.

I'm dying to find out what that big-old tree trunk with 2 bands item is. I'm guessing a staff, but a Cloud Giant would have trouble wielding it. Maybe it's the Caber of Doom?

Description: Toss the Caber of Doom at target opponent. Upon a natural 20 roll, target opponent takes 20D6 points of damage and expels an equal number of kilos of haggis.

Note: Haggis is not considered food and cannot be eaten to restore health.....except by Barbarians, but they get only half the health bonus.

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:31 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Master TMO wrote:The 'hook' Goblinslayer made was a sickle. A bladed weapon with the cutting edge on the inside of the curve. If I'm remembering all of my details correctly.
I wasn't sure what to call it, but it didn't look like a sickle to me... it's curved, but then points straight out. The outside edge seems to be sharpened, and the point can be used to stab. http://www.goblinscomic.org/02152009/
Hmm, you're right. I was just going by the memory of the shape of it, but reading the comic, that inside edge isn't sharpened, just the point. I'd be tempted to call it a hooked knife or hooked dagger, but hook knives and hook daggers are a thing, and don't look like this.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 am

This is a nice thread, too -- except... I don't like the title. The one you based this on has a nice, compact name (Biota), while this is all drawn out and detailed (Equipment and Items).

Surely there is a better name more similar to Biota? (and yes, I'll call everyone Shirley... :lol: :lol: )

I'm thinking something like "Thuntonian Tech" ??? Other ideas...?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 am

stevedj wrote:I'm thinking something like "Thuntonian Tech" ??? Other ideas...?
Loot?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 am

Epic Phat Thunt Loots.

Thunt Gear.

Thunt Equips.

Thunt's Stuff.

Thunt's Unique Creations.

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:16 pm

"The armory"?
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Keeping with the theme, I think Thunonian Gear would work best.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:32 am

+1 Gear :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:47 am

raaabr wrote:There's also the sword that Complains used against the Yellow musk creeper: http://www.goblinscomic.org/06242006/

I hadn't put that one in there as it seemed to just be a fairly plain blade, and while it allowed them to take out the creeper, fairly minor in terms of plot. I'd put a few minor ones in there, but didn't want to end up putting EVERY item that shows up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:40 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
raaabr wrote:There's also the sword that Complains used against the Yellow musk creeper: http://www.goblinscomic.org/06242006/

I hadn't put that one in there as it seemed to just be a fairly plain blade, and while it allowed them to take out the creeper, fairly minor in terms of plot. I'd put a few minor ones in there, but didn't want to end up putting EVERY item that shows up.
Mustn't forget about the Evil Fork. Arrgggh! Rah! Grr!

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Thuntonian Gear

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Am I imagining this or did Thunt at one stage suggest or say that the "Shamrock Sword" was in fact a Luckblade?
All hail the power of the stick!

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:06 am

Unlucky-for-Some wrote:Am I imagining this or did Thunt at one stage suggest or say that the "Shamrock Sword" was in fact a Luckblade?
I think I remember that being said once, but I don't know by who(m). (It's Friday morning. Proper English grammar can bite me.)

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 am

Master TMO wrote:
Unlucky-for-Some wrote:Am I imagining this or did Thunt at one stage suggest or say that the "Shamrock Sword" was in fact a Luckblade?
I think I remember that being said once, but I don't know by who(m). (It's Friday morning. Proper English grammar can bite me.)
I remember this as well

ZainAurion
Remains Silent

Post by ZainAurion » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Saddly the link within that tweet is now not working, but some of the responses confirms it's what we're thinking of.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Zwums wrote:
Master TMO wrote:
I remember this as well
Was it one that was previewed as a GAR item?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Was it one that was previewed as a GAR item?
After seeing the Twitter link, it indeed was. :P