Corpsificus's Corner-Perception

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Corpsificus
Speaks Quietly
UStream Username: Corpsificus

Corpsificus's Corner-Perception

Post by Corpsificus » Mon May 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Howdy neighbor. Its nice to see a new face on the street. This is a segment on the Goblins forum in which I speak on a topic, offer advice and insight, comment on news, etc. I was inspired in part by the talk of the Goblins newsletter. Though the newsletter still needs writers, I still would like to offer my own thoughts into the community independently. You've heard my opinions before in my posts and if you have not here is a link: http://www.goblinsforum.com/memberlist. ... file&u=140 This will not be as hot button as the posts I've made in controversy, but they do demonstrate my general interests and offer insight into my though processes.

This particular post will be a simple phrase.

Friendship is a flower to be left on the piano after death.
Last edited by Corpsificus on Mon May 27, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misery enjoys company.

ThroughTheWell

Re: Corpsificus's Corner

Post by ThroughTheWell » Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Remembering someone after they died MAY say something about the relationship while they were alive, but not necessarily so. I'd say handing a living person a flower says far more about friendship than the former. And even then, I know cases where that is done impersonaly.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Corpsificus
Speaks Quietly
UStream Username: Corpsificus

Re: Corpsificus's Corner

Post by Corpsificus » Mon May 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Hello, fellow forumites. Corpsificus here coming back with a new post. This post post will be significantly longer than the first as that was introductory. This post's topic is perception. I'll explain my knowledge of perception and offer my advice on the issue.

Perception is an understanding of the surrounding events. We all interpret things we see in our own way and observe circumstances to draw conclusions. What is it exactly that we see? What do I see when I look a person in the face? What does that person in me? If I were to look in the mirror would I see the same thing as another would but in reverse? Is a photo truly accurate? All of these questions are in fact irrelevant. The only thing you can truly be sure of is what is occurring within your immediate vicinity. We can only truly be sure of what occurs within ourselves if we truly know ourselves.

Whether or not we choose to believe that we know ourselves, we can also perceive to believe that we know others quite well. This may me true that we may conceive the possibility of the existence of things that exist. Perhaps these things do exist. This relates to anything anyone believes to be true, Ghosts and God included. We cannot disprove the existence of an idea like good or evil. We can explain it away as a classification system used to specify certain behaviors that are to be encouraged and/ or discouraged. Regardless of what we may believe we can be convinced that it is fact that we believe it. I own my beliefs and will answer to any challenges publicly. You may love me or hate me, and I may perceive either way, but if I think you like me and don't ever give me cause to think otherwise, the contrary doesn't matter. I'll believe that I'm perceptive enough to notice things that others don't, perhaps that I'm the one who mentions it, but perhaps others choose to be more mysterious with their knowledge. These are several possibilities of perception in my own life generalized so as to not be specific without prior consent. Regardless of how one feels, you can really truly be sure of yourself. That is the takeaway. Understand yourself before you attempt to understand others.
Misery enjoys company.