Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, oh my! (The LotRO community)

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, oh my! (The LotRO community)

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:46 am

So I am posting here mostly to try and recruit people into playing Lord of the Rings Online. It's free to download and free to play. I have gotten rather far in the game without ever having to pay a dime. It's a really great game with an epic storyline and tons of side quests (I lost track of the storyline doing sidequests). Obviously it's a MMORPG or I wouldn't be posting in the communities. As a group we usually run around killing things together or helping eachother level our vocations. Vocations are just set-ups for different 'crafts'. Currently we have:

Current Players:

Lingrem: Ainsliel, the Elvish Lore-Master, who is a Historian (Farmer, Scholar, Weaponsmith)
Theis2: Theis, the Dwarven Guardian, who is a Armourer (Metalsmith, Prospector, Tailor)
M0rtimer: Celebritius, the Elvish Mintsrel, who is a Woodsman (Farmer, Forester, Woodworker)
Theonewhoisodd: Flacks, the Elvish Hunter, who is a Yeoman (Cook, Farmer, Tailor)
also Uilasdal, the Elvish Guardian, who is a Tinkerer (Cook, Jeweller, Prospector)
GathersIngredients: Mintarien, the Elvish Hunter, who is a Woodsman (Farmer, Forester, Woodworker)
also Mintina, the Hobbitish Minstrel, who is a Armsman (Prospector, Weaponsmith, Woodworker)

Missing in Action Players:

I'mBob: TheBob
DoubleFried: Kalbralin

Hiatus/Quit players:
Arch-Lich Burns: Burnbe, the Hobbitish Burglar, who is a Tinkerer (Cook, Jeweller, Prospector)

For more info on the crafts go here: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Category:Vocations

As you can see we have the crafts covered so there is no pressure to choose any of them. We are set up on the Laurelin [EN-RP] server. Tell either me, mort, Gathers, or Theis if you want to be added to our Kinship which is name the THunters.
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, oh my! (The LotRO community)

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Server and Kinship name would be possibly helpful to mention as well. ;)

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 pm

We are in server Lauerin or something like that.

And I'm a human captain, no profession yet, possibly an explorer.

I don't play much, by the way.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 pm

It is Laurelin (EN-RP server)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Theonewhoisodd
Game Master
UStream Username: Theonewhoisodd

Post by Theonewhoisodd » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 am

Added the server name to the first post.
My Kickstarter

"There is no such thing as overkill, there's kill and there's gravy." -Kurik

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:15 am

LOTRO is an amazing game, my only problem was that RoR flew by quickly and I ran out of content so I quit. However, if anyone is looking to play try the Windfola server, my old kinship the "Defenders of the Light" was a very nice group.

BTW: my main was a lvl 85 Captain with max Eastemet Crafting (Weaponsmithing and Prospecting)

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Oh heck, I am reinstalling LOTRO right now and I will star playing again (probably sporadically.) I might join your server but I love my Windfola server where all of my friends and characters are.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Skulexander
Mutters to Themself

Post by Skulexander » Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm

I would play, if I had a better computer.
Oblivion Holes = Love