Goblins Live Action Movie! Watch it Now! Link in Post!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Q4T
Mutters to Themself

Goblins Live Action Movie! Watch it Now! Link in Post!

Post by Q4T » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/qY_nk-4VArI

Any comments posted here will be seen by me and the goblins community, (especially those who are reluctant to click the link.) Any comments posted on the video its self will be seen by the cast and crew. To be on the safe side, just comment in both spots. :-)

Note to moderators, for maximum exposure, and because I'm unsure of where it fits, I'm posting this in several different places I feel it suited to. No hard feelings from me if you delete all but one. Can't blame a guy for trying though, eh?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Goblins Live Action Movie! Watch it Now! Link in Post!

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:40 am

Okay, where to reply then?

(I chose community, as this is not about the comic or single updates (Goblins discussion), but goblin community (by and for the community)...)

Love it, had to write that!
Thanks!
Thank you very much!

And now you made me sit here waiting for more!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am

Q4T, you are huge hypocrite. First, you state that you
Q4T wrote:Don't want to spam.
And then you create 3 identical threads on purpose (or so it looks). I can qualify it only as spam.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 am

Yes.. IÔÇÖll agree with gamecreator. I deleted the two other posts, as there is already answers in this one, and its location is fitting, and will give you full attention from those who want to.

That said. I loved the video, and your old once.. will you link to them here please?

Keep up the good work.

-LAYF-
-Best regards LAYF

Q4T
Mutters to Themself

Post by Q4T » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 am

gamecreator wrote:Q4T, you are huge hypocrite. First, you state that you
Q4T wrote:Don't want to spam.
And then you create 3 identical threads on purpose (or so it looks). I can qualify it only as spam.
There is a difference between not wanting to spam, and refusing to spam regardless of what the circumstances seem to call for. I don't want to fight either, but I have been known to defend myself when the situation calls for it.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 am

So why would you spam then?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:57 am

Beacuse he knows that many of the fans of his Videos are on this forum, and he also knows that many don't read all boards. Therefore he wanted to make sure, that everyone who would want to see his new video receives the information that he finished another one.
And he immediately wrote that he'd be fine if two of his three posts get removed....

@Q4T: Have you notified the Forum Newsletter team? You could provide them with a short article with links to your previous and the new films. They would be happy to receive some articles for their first edition.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:27 pm

(OR, he could have asked someone with more authority to make an announcement which can be seen from every subforum and which could have been removed from there after a day or so.)

I have seen the videos before and I appretiate the time and creativity invested in them, for example I find the Biscuit related part brilliant! I'm not a fan of fan movies, though, so please don't blame me if I don't show the enthusiasm such a work would deserve. :)
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:23 am

Well, that might still happen.
Or, he could just ask THunt to retweet a link.....

Anyway, his videos are good, I really like them, although mos of the time I cannot watch them in one go :(

And, as you, I am not really a fan of fanvids.
Too much fanvids being produced in the family which I am urged to watch, although the topic is absolutely uninteresting to me.....

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:34 am

Okay, before I go link hunting and link hopping, I seem to recall that QT4 posted 3 or 4 before 2 or 3. And then there was one video that wasn't part of the movie at all but was more of a beheind the scenes and here is why this one isn't a movie yet, which while nice was a bit deceptive. So what I'd like is an ordered list of links to the videos that are part of the ongoing movie in sequence. As it stands right now, I'm not sure what I haven't seen yet and what has gotten finished since I last looked. Thanks.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Q4T
Mutters to Themself

Post by Q4T » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:33 am

Gamecreator, yes, it was spam. I wish it wasn't modded away, but I understand why it was.

Krulle, could you contact them on my behalf? I'm sure I can get around to it eventually, but I think you can do it sooner than I can. Also, you suggest I try to get it on twitter? That is, send a tweet to Tarol? Followed by an email to Tarol? Followed by a tweet to Dixon? Followed by an email to Dixon? Followed by an email to Danielle? Followed by a catching Tarol drawing live and getting him to promise he'll mention it eventually? I guess I could do that before two weeks ago.

LooksAndSmiles, could you find me such a person of authority? That sounds like a cool thing to do if I can get away with it.

Through The Well, Fair request:
Ep1 http://youtu.be/noBbUTtLxwI
Ep2 http://youtu.be/qY_nk-4VArI
Ep3 not telling

Q4T
Mutters to Themself

Post by Q4T » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:41 am

A teaser of what's still to come:
Kin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:58 am

gamecreator wrote:So why would you spam then?
I think there's a big difference between advertising widely but responsibly and spamming. Spam is about insane overexcess of volume, which obviates the need for even the slighest attempt to actually connect with your audience. Creating a thread in every single board of the forum no matter how off-topic would be spam; creating three threads because you weren't sure which was the best place is a fairly reasonable calculated risk.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:08 am

Q4T wrote:Krulle, could you contact them on my behalf? I'm sure I can get around to it eventually, but I think you can do it sooner than I can. Also, you suggest I try to get it on twitter? That is, send a tweet to Tarol? Followed by an email to Tarol? Followed by a tweet to Dixon? Followed by an email to Dixon? Followed by an email to Danielle? Followed by a catching Tarol drawing live and getting him to promise he'll mention it eventually? I guess I could do that before two weeks ago.
Hmm, I don't have twitter. It was just a suggestion of things to do when you want to gain broad attention of the Goblinites.
Especially since his Twitter account is feeded to the main page Goblinscomic.com.
If you tweet @Thunt_Goblins it will automagically show up for him when he checks his twitter feed, he might just ReTweed it for you just like that. I wouldn't send him e-mails or ask in the drawing sessions about it.

But if you don't have Twitter, then this option drops out too. It was just an idea.....

EDIT: He has twittered about it:
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/statu ... 3669125120