Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: Twitter: [now] more fanart!

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 pm

It's a fine alternative to growing up with the current Star Trek.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Current Star Trek makes baby goblins cry. :'( :'( :'(

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 am

Ever since I've watched a few episodes of "Enterprise", I decided to stay away from reincarnations of the StarTrek universe.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:45 am

My gods, Q would have a field day with Minmax as the captain.

Oh, who am I kidding. A visit from Q might do the bald turd some good.

No more reincarnations of Trek for me. I'll take TNG, Voyager, and that's it.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:10 am

I also liked DS9.
But never got around to see it fully.... (and definitely missed the last episodes, so don't know how it actually ended...)
Original, and TNG remain my favourites. But Voyager (especially the last season) was the reason why I stopped looking forward to new incarnations (and why I mostly did not start watching them).

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am

I grew up on relatively brief snippets of Voyager between all the Beast Wars, Reccess, and Extreme Ghostbusters that I really loved. My favorite character was Seven of Nine for no other reason (I was around 7) than her recovering Borg status made her an engaging and tragic character; there was also that episode where she was the last survivor against an infestation of floating CGI stingers. (Again, 7 years old.) Fifteen years later, I find out TNG is much better.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am

DS9 was my favourite when it was on (Star Trek do wars pretty well), but as dumb as it all is, Voyager's got the episodes I enjoy rewatching. The TNG movies are pretty great though. I mean, they're also dumb as hell, but the ones with the borg are very watchable.

I've heard really good things about ST Discovery, but it's on a channel we can't get so I've not seen it.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:37 pm

I liked Enterprise. It's possible that I am the only one. And the only pre-Enterprise things I flat out won't watch again are The Motion Picture (yawn) and Nemesis. Although I didn't love ST:V or Generations. TNG is my favorite, though.

Couldn't get past the first one of the new movies.

Watched the first half of Discovery. It's... I could write an essay on all the things wrong with it. :lol: I don't hate it exactly, but it's nothing like Star Trek. It doesn't fit with canon, and it doesn't really make all that much sense. I like a couple of the characters (the gay guys, Doug Jones's character, and the weird girl -- I can't remember any of their characters' names), but the main character is super-annoying. I'd give it a meh overall. Haven't bothered to find out what's happened after the mid-season break.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:36 pm

I couldn't watch Enterprise, but film critic Zaki Hasan is a big fan who regrets that too few can see what he does in it.

DS9 is my favorite. There are things I wish they'd done better, but it's great.

I could take or leave Voyager.

Discovery is only available with a subscription to the special online streaming service run by one of the big broadcast networks. The ones you only need an antenna to watch even if you don't subscribe to any TV providers. (At least, that's how it used to be. I don't know if antennas are even a thing anymore.) It's weird. But you can get a one month free trial. So I'm waiting for the season finale and then I can watch as much as I want in a month.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 pm

I know I'm going to come off as vain, but I didn't like TNG as much as VOY because of its poor lighting and cream aesthetic. While VOY had - as I figured out later - worse stories and wasted potential, it did look good and the EMH was a good character. I also really got into DS9 when it was on, because watching episodes paid off in later ones unlike in VOY when episodes were more standalone. I started watching around when the station was under Dominion control, and it was a great arc.

And Legos, I was addicted to Toon Disney as a kid. Recess seemed very consistent and formulaic, though I still watched the crap out of it. Extreme Ghostbusters was pretty entertaining - like VOY, I saw a bit of The Real Ghostbusters but got turned off by the animation. My favourite show was a middle school detective.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Extreme Ghostbusters was my first foray into cool monster designs. There was a giant demonic pug who mutates all dogs in New York City and is actually a pet to Gozer's kin, a pack of clowns that constrict you with their lamprey-tongues and pull you into their throats, a Jewish golum that smothers vandals with clay, floating scrambled eggs that twist dreams into nightmares, even a Hellraiser homage that I wouldn't get for nearly 20 years; Slimer got trapped in the Containment Unit and was put on trial by the other ghosts for treason!

Although it was the Best Thing Ever for a while and still a great cartoon, the toy aspect of Beast Wars was just filling the void in my life that was always meant for Lego; thanks, Bionicle!

Zeus1976
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Zeus1976 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am

Some of my goblin drawings I did ages ago .

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm

I keep looking for either the upvote button or the thumbs up. Those look great!
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I agree. Thank you for sharing!

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 pm

:thumbsup:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] Comic Idea!

Post by Krulle » Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 am

@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Comic idea: A 47 year old inter-dimensional, male cop is cursed to have the form of an adorable 4 year old girl. So it's a foul mouthed, cigar smoking, (would be) womanizing little girl, running around fighting crime and battling aliens. That outta offend a few people. >.>
No, thank you. I prefer Goblins!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 28, 2018 4:13 am

So... What if Roger Rabbit, but different?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 am

It really is a gender-swapped version of Roger Rabbit's co-star.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue May 29, 2018 5:19 am

I'd read it just to see how they'd portray Jessica in that universe... LOL
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue May 29, 2018 6:47 am

I was thinking Baby Doll from Batman TAS myself. What a tragic character...

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue May 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Another good choice, but Baby Doll was just driven mad by extreme star-power.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu May 31, 2018 10:44 am

BuildsLegos wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:16 pm Another good choice, but Baby Doll was just driven mad by extreme star-power.
Not just that. After she quit her TV show in a fit of big-headedness she had an awful life and became fixated on going back to the ways things were. Her medical condition really didn't help because her body never grew up, so every time she looked in the mirror she would have seen her old character over and over again. Hell the end of the episode shows all she really wants is to properly grow up instead of being stuck in nostalgia.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Twitter: [now] Parchment vote!

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Tarol is unhappy about Parchment's design.
He needs your help, see thse two tweets:
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1033069985982119936 wrote:Okay, I have a bit of a problem. Parchment, the paper pseudo-dragon looks, IMO... terrible. I just can't make him look good. So I drew him with a more '3 dimensional' look and I think he looks MUCH better. But it might be jarring to readers to see him with this new look.
ImageImage
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/1033070111681273856 wrote: It's like a character in a show suddenly played by a new actor. What do you think?
You can vote in the following tweet, for about 22 hours:

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Twitter: [now] Parchment vote!

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Maybe Parchment can interpret his mount's physique into an exaggerated version for himself, like a shapely equivalent to a magic item's I.M.E. appropriation. If Thunt goes with this reasoning, it won't last long, but at least he'll have that excuse for a short while.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Twitter: [now] Parchment vote!

Post by redfeather » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:59 am

I can't access Twitter, so if someone who has the ability to vote but doesn't care to wants to weigh in, my vote would be for the 2D look. I don't know why Tarol thinks it looks bad; I think the entire point of Kin having a pseudodragon is lost if it's just a normal white shoulder dragon, whereas one that's made of living origami is totally unique and fascinating to me.