The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:01 am

((Well, it doesn't affect anything that's happened yet, so go ahead and I'll retcon it in))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 am

((Varsk didn't move on the map, but as long as it doesn't impact anything on your end Thinks there isn't any need to change it now))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 am

((I'd meant to move diagonally to the lizardman when I attacked, so would be touching the SW corner of his square... I think I might not have posted about moving after because I don't think I'd have been able to... 2 diagonal moves = 30ft, so only have 5 ft to move south with in the difficult terrain. So, I guess if I could just be one square south of where I am depicted now, that would have been where I'd want to have attacked from... gets me one square farther away from the group of 3 lizards...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:21 pm

((I update the map every time the lizardfolk move, so Varsk will get updated at the W group's turn to save me getting confused :)

I'll move Korrik at the same time. ))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Silently calling on Pelor for help, Kal heals himself 1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6HP, and runs East to the trees between Merrick and Gwen.

(Planning on using Bless. It's got a 30 foot range. But it requires a sprinkling of holy water. What's the ruling on doing it through the trees?)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:22 pm

((I'd say it's fine to cast through the trees as long as there's line of sight. Merric's not currently stealthed, so there's no problem. There's nothing written that says the holy water has to be sprinkled on the target either, so it's all good. Just remember you're in difficult terrain so if you want to cast bless next round, you'll only be able to move 15 feet east.))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:08 pm

(Works for me. If I move 15 feet now, to the edge of the treeline, Merric and Gwen should both be in range next turn.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Kal heals himself [sheet needs updating] and hurries 15 feet east in the direction of the forest.

Syli then Gwen are up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:33 pm

(Updated Kal's health.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Gwen peeks around the corner and shoots an eldrich bolt at the javalin thrower.
eldrich blast: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D10 = [2] = 2

...yep.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:20 pm

((Does that mean you're moving?

Also, that human woman is in the wrong place too (had a file save error apparently between versions). I'll fix that on the next update, but she should be roughly 4 squares east and 2 squares north of Gwen's current position, by the fallen tower.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:41 pm

(No? You said there was a javalin thrower aiming at me.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm

((Ah that guy. Ok, that's cool))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Syli continues to keep her head down, crawling a bit to the south (1 space). Quickly loading a stone in her sling, she pokes her head above the underbrush for a moment and quickly casts a stone at Mehriv's head the nearest javelineer, before ducking back into the underbrush.

--Sling (+5 w/ Disadvantage): Crit-Fail

((Not actually bothered by that crit failure, wasn't really expecting it to accomplish much anyhow. I'm basically sitting this fight out until someone either hits the ground again or I get lucky))

((...which is why I will be making sure to collect the arrows off these lizards, assuming we win.))

((And trying to convince Thinks that a Panther is just a really big housecat))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:46 am

((well, it's much more like a house cat than a wolf or bear would be :lol: I won't take much convincing!))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Syli scootches five feet south and then stands up, loads a stone into her sling, and fires! ...Only to watch the pebble kind of spin straight up out of the sling and bounce gently to the ground at her feet.

Gwen blasts at the javelin-thrower (who has switched to one of the machete-like swords), but misses, the blast throwing up mud and dirt at the lizard-guy's feet.

The smaller of the two lizardfolk javelin-throwers makes it to the cover of the ruined tower and hurls its javelin at Mehriv, hitting him hard in the chest for 8 damage [have updated the sheet]. He roars in triumph and pounds his chest. He is carrying a second javelin across his back (as well as the spiked shield).
The second, much larger javelin-thrower spins on his heel as Varsk's crossbow bolt whooshes past his head. Smirking, he hurls his javelin back at Varsk, who only just manages to duck out of the way in time. The lizard guy runs onwards, towards the tower and his buddy.

The remaining archer curses and attempts to keep his head down as he moves west, but he does a pretty terrible job of sneaking and Varsk at least is pretty sure where the guy ends up.

---------------------------------------------------------

Korrik <-----
Mehriv
Merric
Lizardfolk (NW group)
Varsk
Kal
Syli
Gwen
Lizardfolk (west group)
Human woman

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm

((If Mehr moves three tiles west of his current position, is he able to hit both javelin throwers with his Flame Breath? There's enough range, but I don't know about the angle.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 pm

((yeah I'd say so - 5 feet is pretty wide. However, Mehriv would also be able to see that these are highly muscled, powerful warriors and that with no other allies close by, that'd be a brave, but potentially risky move)).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 pm

((Yeeaaahh, but it's that or back up and have them just throw another javelin. I've got one turn left regardless, if they target me, so I might as well do some good damage.))
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:34 pm

((they only had one javelin each, they've both switched to melee. Not trying to take away from a potential badass moment or anything, I just don't want you going in uninformed :) ))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:47 pm

((Okay, yeah, that changes things. If they're going into melee I can slow them instead of just dealing damage. Since one was noted to have switched to a machete I thought they'd only have javelins for throwing.))

When Mehr's turn rolls around he's going to back up to the east by three tiles, then ready an action: As soon as either of the lizards behind the tower leave cover, Mehr will shoot a Ray of Frost at them.
7 Well, nevermind then. Maybe I should have just gone for the suicidal flamethrower. No accuracy checks that way. :roll: :P
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 pm

:lol: oh well! I'm sure you'll get a chance to spew fire on them soon enough :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 pm

I move 15 ft south through the woods, and wherever I have the best view on the nearest lizardman to the west, I'll fling a dart at him.

Dart attack: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

((Supposing that hits, even with whatever cover he has... Dart attack: 1D4+4 = [4]+4 = 8))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 am

Merric will target the same lizard folk with an eldritch blast but likely miss.

Merric eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:56 am

Varsk will dash SW (diagonially) 2 squares and then directly west 3 squares (should end up in the square directly above the archer lizardfolk, unless that causes an opportunity attack - if so just the square NE of the lizard).

"You ain't gettin' away so you might as well stay and we can have a chat." Varsk will growl once he comes of the trees above the lizardfolk.