Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:29 am

"OLLY!", Korga hisses as he reaches for it.

"Hey, you don't think I have to stay near this thing now do you?"

"That might have been something to test BEFORE you turned your whole arm to crystal. Removing a few fingertips if we had to is one thing, loosing a whole arm would likely mean the end to any gladiator or guard aspirations you've been harboring. *sigh* Why don't you try backing up, and see if it feels different?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:31 am

"Or maybe we just get to stay out here a bit longer while Julius fixes it!"

Olly grins and backs away from the crystal.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:18 am

"Well, I am guessing that you'll eventually turn back to normal after it is fully leaked out. We cannot exacly take this large crystal with us."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 am

Olly backs away from the crystal, and as he moves out to the edge of the room, he notices a change that he hadn't even been aware of before. A slight sense of... Pulling at his crystalline arm, from the centre of the room, so weak that it likely wouldn't be noticeable if he weren't paying attention to changes as he moves. Standing close to the crystal, it's no stronger than if somebody were to hold up the hair on his arms, and as he moves outward the pull gets weaker, until it's all but entirely gone while he stands at the edge of the room.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 am

"huh. There's something there... But it's more like it's connected to my arm. Not like a leash or anything, just... well it's just there."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 am

"Hopefully that means a no. Do you want me to try to fix this now or are you going to see if it will wear off?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 am

"It's not broken! I'm going to keep it for now thanks!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 pm

"Okay, if you are done with the crystal there are still sections of the cave we have not explored yet."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Copying this in from when you first entered the cave, so you don't have to look back to see where you can go.

To the left and right sides of the room, perpendicular to their path earlier, are two openings in the smooth stone surface, smooth, circular openings which continue away from the room. The roaring wind seems to be coming from the left passageway, while standing near the right fills them with a sense of complete and utter stillness.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Olly puts his bracer back on and sticks his head down the quiet passageway using his magic hand for light.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:17 am

Olly goes to investigate the silent passage, his arm providing a soft illumination to his surroundings. The air here seems heavier, filled with the stillness of a place long devoid of even the smallest life.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:47 am

"I don't like it. It's way too still." Julius hestantly follows Olly.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:57 am

Olly nods, reluctant to break the weird silence, and shivers for no good reason.

He wanders back and sticks his head down the noisy passage to see what that one looks like.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:35 am

There's a light wind blowing from the noisy passage to accompany the sound. As with the silent path (Which I totally didn't forget to visually describe), the arched tunnel of smooth stone leads forward for about a dozen feet before it starts sloping downward again.
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:23 am

► Show Spoiler
Loki nods to the elaborations and puts on the pin when he is given it. Seeing how it comes with a needle on the other end, he takes care not to put it in a strategically overly adverse, yet still clearly visible place.

"Yeah, we can't have our paying customers roughed up by just -any-body, right?" Loki tries to jest.

"So how long until closing time, and are any breaks scheduled? Where are the restrooms? Do you have any other hot-spots where there might be trouble, like a peep-hole to the really attractive neighbour's dressing room or such?" he tries to cram in a few more vital questions before business will prevent any further answers. He's happy to pose these to Mac, if the owner is already occupied otherwise.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 am

Olly looks back to the others and shrugs, gesturing towards the windy passage. He doesn't like the silent passage very much, and would prefer to explore this way. He moves a few feet into the passage, buckling his bracers back on as he goes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Korga keeps an eye on Olly, ready to grab the back of his armor if he reaches for anything else on a whim.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:42 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Olly decides the silent passage makes him feel unsettled, and instead heads down the windy passage, Julius and Korga following. As the group takes a few steps into the passage, the large crystal dims slightly, and small points of light appear along the ceiling and floor of the passage, small purple crystals lighting the way from their settings. As they move through the path the crystals behind them fade out, those ahead lighting up. The roaring wind gets louder as they progress further, the wind pushing more strongly against them. All of a sudden, the tunnel levels out and opens into a chasm, a single stone pillar rising out of the centre, and a rope bridge connecting it to the small outcrop the three find themselves on. Light seems to fill the cavernous space, illuminating their surroundings and revealing the drop into the chasm, the bottom hundreds of metres below where they stand. The wind rages against the bridge, tossing it to one side, then suddenly changing direction, throwing it the other way. On the pillar in the centre, something shines a faint silver, and a flag stands planted in the stone, hanging limply from the pole.

Loki
Jon grins, "Good, you catch on quick. We've got eight hours until closing at midnight, and since you're with Mac I'll set up a place for you to sleep behind the bar if you don't want to brave the night at that time. Restrooms are through the doors on the right end of the bar, and you get a ten minute break every hour, with a half-hour difference between when each of you takes your break. As for hot spots, it'd be either the entrance, with people who've had too much drink causing problems, or at the bar when those same people don't think they've had enough yet."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 pm

"Instead of this lovely death trap, can we go the route that is quieter? I'd rather not plument to our deaths."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:51 pm

"Julius... Could you calm the wind?
I'm not too keen on crossing a precarious bridge, but if you can negate the wind..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:08 pm

"Ooohhoo! ECHO!!"

Olly is absolutely delighted to be adventuring. He pulls a rope out of his pack, ties it round his waist and hands it to Korga before testing the edge of the bridge.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Korga promptly ties it off so Olly has no more that 5 ft of leash.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:24 pm

"Har har very funny!"

Olly tests the very edge of the bridge regardless.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 pm

"Actually, I have a better idea." Julius pulls out his teleportation rod and points it to himself. "Target." He points at the end of the bridge "Destination." He then does the same for Korga and Olly.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 pm

.... F***, I forgot you had that. This is meant to be an actual thing, so I'm going to make just a mini statement now that the rod heats up in Julius' hand without achieving anything.

Also clarification that the bridge is 20m long. So 66-67 feet.
My game:

My characters: