Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Twitter: [now] G:AR artwork finally done!

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Holy shit!! Hope he's doing ok :(

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:35 pm

We won't know for a while. It'll be a few hours before Danielle can get there by car + ferry, I don't know when she'll be able to update (especially because she doesn't have a smartphone), and it'll be a while before they can assess the extent of the damage and see how he's healing. Could just be a matter of needing to rest and heal, could need to have the hemorrhage drained, could need surgery, could be permanent brain damage has already been done. Time will tell.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:03 pm

I really hope it turns out with the best possible outcome.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 pm

OMG, that's terrifying. I hope he's OK.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] Thunt hospitalized!

Post by Krulle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:19 am

I sincerely wish him the best.
This is not what I would wish anyone anytime, even less for the holiday season.

I wish Danielle a lot of strength.

A good sign that he was talking and awake when they took him!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:25 am

Jeez a stroke, that's not cool.

Poor fellahs really had a good share of health problem over the years.

Fingers crossed he recovers with not too many lasting effects

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:11 am

Danielle wrote:a sub-arachnid hemorrhage on Sat eve.
Huh, I guess Thunt really was a giant spider after all. But yes, this is a terrible thing to happen to him, and I wish him my best. On Christmas no less...

Hjerne
Of Few Words

Post by Hjerne » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 am

Well this certainly explains the "worst migraine ever". Even if you get migraines a doctor should know that if it is much worse and lasting much longer than usual then you do a ct scan at the least.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks for the news wears. I hope Danielle is doing ok too, this is a shitty way to spend Xmas :( I don't know much about these things, but I'm going to take the fact he was awake and talking as a good sign. Hopefully it's as minor a bleed as possible and they're able to repair it.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:33 am

Oh my. Poor THunt! Poor Danielle! I really hope that they can get it cleared up and he returns to his daily life with no ill effects suffered.

Is there anything we Goblinites can do?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:37 am

I don't think there's anything we can do other than think hopeful thoughts. I don't know if they even have Internet access at the hospital, and I don't have the hospital room number to send anything. I'm hoping for an update via today, but we'll see.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:40 am

Can you let me ... us know if you do receive an update?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:28 am

She was on the way to the hospital. No news overnight. Which is good. I'll see if I can call this afternoon.

Meantime, I missed seeing that she tweeted from her own account last night.
@DragonTurtle: I finally made it across the water to the gigantic hospital Tarol was taken to. You could fit at least a dozen copies of our small town hospital in it. He was in a relatively good mood, his nurse is nice, and we got to spend just over an hour together before visiting hours ended.

@DragonTurtle: Tarol had another CT scan, this time with dye. Nothing to report yet. More tests tomorrow. Still sore, but they're managing his pain reasonably well. He's not allowed to get out of bed, and he's bored. No wifi in the room. If you want to tweet me stories, I can read them to him.

@DragonTurtle: I'll show him all your messages of support when I go tomorrow. I know he'll be touched. :) Thank you.

► Show Spoiler

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:33 am

Oooooh shit, that is some seriously bad news. LetÔÇÖs hope for the best :(
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:11 pm

I tried calling, but he couldn't talk. He appreciated the gesture, though. Spoke to Danielle. She sounded better. He's going for more testing today. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Still waiting for news.

He's not allowed flowers on that floor, but I'm going to order balloons from all of us.

► Show Spoiler

glowface
Remains Silent
UStream Username: glowface

Post by glowface » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:39 am

Having nothing clever to say, and not being allowed to pray as an atheist (I guess it's illegal), I just have to say: I really-really wish Tarol will recover quickly and fully. And keep up, Danielle!

WorldWarIV
Mutters to Themself

Post by WorldWarIV » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:11 am

Poor guy. One of my friends had one and she had no long-term effects, except forgetting a word here and there. I wish you a speedy recovery Tarol!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:27 am

glowface wrote:Having nothing clever to say, and not being allowed to pray as an atheist (I guess it's illegal), I just have to say: I really-really wish Tarol will recover quickly and fully. And keep up, Danielle!

You can still send warm, positive thoughts their way. It's what I do (I'm agnostic), too. :)

Thanks for organizing the balloons, Wears. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:58 am

Subarachnoid bleeds due come with a range of possible affects, mainly dependent on where and how big. The fact that he's awake suggests a smaller bleed. If it's too big, they discuss draining it to relieve the pressure on the brain. Since he's not been to the OR immediately, that also sounds like a smaller bleed and that they're watching it to see if it's stabilized yet. They can resolve on their own with time if they're small enough. He's probably going to need some rehab though. We'll have to wait for the official report. Hope for the smaller and a speedy recovery!

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Post by Catmandont » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:06 am

Get well Thunt. Your health is more important than anything.
WearsHats wrote:Still waiting for news.

He's not allowed flowers on that floor, but I'm going to order balloons from all of us.
Wears, can we make contributions to the balloons or other gifts of magic space dust for Thunt? Thanks for getting that going, by the way.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Balloons weren't expensive. And I confirmed that he's allowed to have them. I signed the card from all of us.

He's due for an angiogram today. Exploring the blood vessels to see how they are. Waiting on results from other scans. Christmas weekend is a bad time to get sick.

He's in pain but hanging in there. I don't have further information yet. Danielle has been, quite understandably, focused more on taking care of Thunt and arranging things there than updates for the rest of us.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:11 pm

I hope she'll keep it that way.
His heath is more important than dissipating our concerns.

Best wishes and strength to her!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks again for sending the balloons, Wears. I'm sure Danielle will update us when she has time. I hope she's taking care of herself, too.

And thanks for the info, Lurks. That's good to know.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:54 pm

I spoke to Danielle. Still waiting for the angiogram. Have not gotten results back from other tests. But they were told the bleeding is minor. It seems the problem is that the blood is blocking the exit for the cerebrospinal fluid, causing pressure to build up, and that's causing major headaches in various parts of the head as it moves around.. But We'll hopefully know more tomorrow. Tarol is in a lot of pain, even with the meds. Just trying to push through it.

► Show Spoiler