The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 am

"Right... And all I'm saying is that playing with powerful gifts from powerful entities that you don't understand is dangerous. Just be careful, Randy."

She gives Holger another concerned look and sighs.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Randy pulls back an arrow, releasing some of his breath, he looses it at the tree. The arrow strikes true, and a few leaves fall. It was a good shot, against a fairly small, scrubby target, but other than the skill in shooting, not overly impressive.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Zephyr laughs at Randy's attempt to be amazing and decided it's finally time to show off. Unslinging her javelin from her back, she points far off into the distance and then hurls it with all of her strength.

Before it hits the ground she zaps it back to her hand.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 pm

((Zephyr, make an Athletics check please. Actually, an Athletics check and then an Acrobatics check.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Zephyr chucks it pretty good, and despite not being ready for it, manages to hang on when she teleports the falling javelin to her hand, quickly clasping it though it yanks her forward. At least she doesn't drop it or fall down.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Nemeia coughs nervously and goes back to the mules.

"That's some impressive shooting, Master Ranger! Why don't you come and take a seat up here with me while I drive for a bit. If you get a feeling for any of these gates of yours you can point them out."

Nemeia insists on Randy joining her on the driver's bench (partly just to stop Zephyr doodling on the cart again) and then proceeds to fill the silence of the trip with stories, songs and jokes about deserts, stories involving gateways to other worlds, the Eastern cities and so on. She'll keep her headscarves and such wrapped around her body in case of dust storms or anything.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Randy doesn't look like he's sure whether to be relieved or disappointed at this point. He as he sits on the wagon seat, he quietly says to himself "Maybe I AM going crazy...." He sits quietly, obviously thinking hard with a worried expression on his face.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:10 pm

"Get some rest, sweetheart. You can take over from me in a bit and I'll take a nap.

Did you ever hear the ballad of Gera the Dune-Sailor? Ulmwin, you must know it, no? It's one of my favourite epics!"

Nemeia starts singing the song (passably well).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 am

Ulmwin just silently nods, beginning to play, and...

Performance: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

...He might snap a string.

(And here I thought I learnt my lesson not to roll, unless explicitly asked... :roll: )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 am

You drop your instrument off the wagon and have to hop down and scurry back to pick it out of the dust. Phew... Not too bad, a bit of mending, and it will be good to go.

((If you're wanting to play for the party, and not looking to impress anyone, I'll say you can just do it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 am

After the initial embarrassment, Ulmwin does properly accompany Tess's song- Not spectacularly, but passable...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 am

Zephyr sits in the back and sulks at being forced to give up her drivers seat. When the others fall asleep she starts whittling majis name in the side board of the wagon.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:42 am

((I'll... take a Stealth and Sleight of Hand from Zephyr.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 am

When Tess takes a break, Randy takes over the driving. He still appears rather distracted, chewing at his lower lip and not paying much attention at the moment.

animal handling: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5 (Not a teamster.)

However, he does rouse himself whenever the trail either forks or becomes unclear.
survival: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24(But still a ranger.)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 am

Stealth: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5
piss

Sleight of Hand: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
more piss

I both failed and stabbed someone at the same time.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 am

"Oi! What are you doing?! Cut that out! No distinguishing marks!" Randy glares at Zephyr. "If you want to carve on something, make like a beaver and cut down a tree or something." ((Randy's still a bit paranoid at this time. :chuckle: ))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 am

"You know all you're gonna cause is an inconvenience for me, right? They'll just put me to mending whatever you scratch up..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 am

Maji gives a sigh and shakes his head. Why do you want to carve into it? If you are that bored we can spar.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:40 am

Randy grumbles something about replacing the side boards with ironwood.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 am

"I would spar with you Maji, but I don't want to hurt you, and thus inconvenience our healers." Zephyr rolls her eyes. "There is nothing to break the monotony of riding in a bumpy cart, across miles and miles of wasteland as far as the eye can see. Nothing! Can we be magically translocated somehow."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 am

Zephyr hums to herself as she manages to carve in half of an "M" before getting caught and scolded.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 pm

He shakes his head Waiting for the next kill is hard.Maji gets out a piece of wood from one of his bundles and hands it to Zephyr. He pulls out another and starts carving into it. He points to Zephyr, the carved part and the piece of wood in her hands. Carving this instead may help pass time.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Nemeia ponders.

"You know, if we're going to set ourselves up as a troupe of adventurous explorers, we should come up with a name for ourselves before we get to the cities.

...and no, before you suggest it, I don't think "Holger the Magnificent plus others" is a good name!", she says with a laugh.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:12 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:"I would spar with you Maji, but I don't want to hurt you, and thus inconvenience our healers." Zephyr rolls her eyes. "There is nothing to break the monotony of riding in a bumpy cart, across miles and miles of wasteland as far as the eye can see. Nothing! Can we be magically translocated somehow."
Randy snorts. "It just looks like nothing is out there. Maybe there isn't and maybe there is. The people and animals in the desert usually excel at camouflage and ambush." He gestures towards the ground. "If you look, you'll find all sorts of tracks. We need to be careful when we come up to water sources. Those are prime ambush sites. Remember the blights?"