Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 am

Ah right, that makes sense.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 am

I'd like to issue a very brief apology for my somewhat more irregular update schedule the past week and probably for some time to come as well.

I'm afraid there's simply circumstances out of my control.
► Show Spoiler
Really, there's nothing to be done against it.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 am

*Has no money to get said game*

*Is jealous* :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:01 am

My pc wasn't able to play the game :(

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:My pc wasn't able to play the game :(
That reminds me - got DOOM back in the Summer Sale, figured it might be fun to run through the campaign. Finally got around to downloading it last week (which took about 3 days), and it's a solid 12-13fps. Which apparently makes the game run in slow motion :roll: :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 am

It's a good game- Me and three friends have been playing it pretty much every evening as a bunch of misfit adventurers... Please refer to the last panel of this comic for a pretty accurate representation of how 90% of the game goes.

I'm surprised Doom would run that badly for you- Played it myself (good game) and one of it's main plus points was that it was supposedly so performant even older machines could run it with 0 issues- Are you sure you didn't have some settings wrong? Playing with DX 12 on on a machine that doesn't have it, something like that?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:29 am

Dropped the settings as low as they would go and nothing changed :(

I looked it up, seems like it just does that on some machines. Might try again at some point and give your suggestions a go, or just wait until I have a better machine to play it on. I've already uninstalled it to make room for other stuff though, and I'm not keen on another 3-day download :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Jeez, how large is DOOM that it takes three days to download?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm

~45GB. To be fair though, I do also have pretty crappy internet here. Not as awful as some places, but let's just say it's noticeably worse whenever I'm downloading anything :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 am

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 am

Yep, that wall-pokemon is a rock-type :shifty:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:56 am

*uses spray bottle on vader* bad vader! Let everybody else get an ultrabeast first before claiming a second one! :p

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 pm

So, question, what does "+2 Damage Steps" mean in Victini's gift, Searing Blade? Is that +2DB? +2 steps of effectiveness? It's probably the DB, right?
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Probably DB, yes. Steps of effectiveness would be just a tad much.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 pm

I thought so too. Especially since it makes the attack fire type, too, so it could go up to quadruple effective.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm

So, for no particular reason, since I can't find it in the do porygon dream of mareep book... Since pokebots are for a large part immune to many status effects, does a pokemon with the wired capability, while possessing one, also gain these immunities?

And additionally, how is HP reduction done? Does it target the pokemon, or the pokebot? Both? Personally I'd be more inclined to say that the pokemon is hit, "knocking out" both when the pokemon hits 0 HP... And it just gives them the buff as mentioned in the book under the relevant class.

And finally what concerning the pokebots type?

...Really, I'm not sure if I'm blind and missing what seems like pretty important info since that last part goes a lot deeper, too, or if it's just vague in the first place.

Also hazard immunity seems to give me the sense that they should probably be immune with moves with the "powder" keyword too, but I'm just gonna slide that one by.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 pm

On the wired: depends on the move maybe? Burst moves would defiently affect both. But probably based on the wired mon itself, which would make it less confusing. Which only rotom would be able to change its type but porygon would not.

Hazard immunity means stuff like spikes, stealth rock, ect. Stun spore is not a hazard.

I think the whole bot thing was confusing. But he should have max of 5/6 (depending how hopper is) bots (1 per pokeball slot). Which those two reasons alone I think made me not like the class.

Edit: helix damit Numa.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Here's a thread I found asking about it, but I don't think there's anything conclusive. I think you just have to fill in the blanks yourself.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Well, you've kinda already had this earlier with Estroy, the Plasma-Vault Porygon. When it jumped out of the Vault defences it was already injured, so presumably it was taking damage despite being "hidden". Just apply the same thing here - say that when the Pokebot takes damage the Porygon also does, and that if the Pokebot hits zero before him then he ejects with that damage subtracted from his total HP (i.e. if the Pokebot has 50Hp, and the Porgon 60Hp, then the Porygon is ejected with 10/60Hp when the Pokebot hits zero).

Other option is to treat it like Druid Wild Shape in 5e: the Pokebot HP stacks on top of the Porgon HP, and when the Pokebot hits zero then any leftover damage rolls over to the Porygon as it gets kicked out. For Estroy you can just say it was weakened from years of being "on standby". This version is obviously more powerful, but that might be what you want. As long as you're fine with us doing the same should Drake ever get a Pokebot for Estroy to use :P

For types, just treat it like a normal Pokebot - Typeless, but super-effective damage from Fire/Electric/Ground. Changing types should be Rotom's thing.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Other option is to treat it like Druid Wild Shape in 5e: the Pokebot HP stacks on top of the Porgon HP, and when the Pokebot hits zero then any leftover damage rolls over to the Porygon as it gets kicked out. For Estroy you can just say it was weakened from years of being "on standby". This version is obviously more powerful, but that might be what you want. As long as you're fine with us doing the same should Drake ever get a Pokebot for Estroy to use
That's kind of op. Also it would suck for us since Mort said we can't use porygon book for classes.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Other option is to treat it like Druid Wild Shape in 5e: the Pokebot HP stacks on top of the Porgon HP, and when the Pokebot hits zero then any leftover damage rolls over to the Porygon as it gets kicked out. For Estroy you can just say it was weakened from years of being "on standby". This version is obviously more powerful, but that might be what you want. As long as you're fine with us doing the same should Drake ever get a Pokebot for Estroy to use
That's kind of op. Also it would suck for us since Mort said we can't use porygon book for classes.
Yeah, I know. But maybe he wants Hopper to be OP? Would certainly make a good Boss format.

Plus, even if we can't make one ourselves, there's still the chance that we could pick up a Pokebot from an NPC. It's something he'd have to consider at least.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm

The machine wasn't really a "bot", though- In reality, I had just statted up the "machine" as that porygon, and consecutively applied those stats to it.

Yeah, it's sounding a lot like "just do whatever works best, man" kind of situation. I'll have a think about it- My suggestion of having it hit the pokemon and not the robot is probably the easiest and non-op way to implement it, but also takes away a lot of power of the bot in question. (Not to mention raises the question, do any of the bots stats apply?) It's similar to how a rotom would be, but it'd probably not be the most "realistic" solution.

Having it target the pokebot then have the pokemon "pop out' once defeated is probably too powerful as well. Maybe not in a regular context where a trainer will only have one or two robots available, and perhaps not if it's intended for a "boss battle", but hmm...

Third option is somewhere inbetween (Which is probably what I'll go for)- The bot pokemon is the one that takes damage and which's stats are used, but some of the damage done is penetrated to the pokemon once it gets knocked out? Either a % damage of the bot's HP, or maybe something akin to "overkill", where all damage done after the bot is reduced to 0 HP is instead inflicted on the wired pokemon.

I'll have a think about how I'm gonna do things. It's not like this would be a "regular" battle after all- "Hopper" did not earn his name without reason...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

If you are going to do that, can I ask a few questions: what part of it's action is it to use wired? Because free action might be a bit much. And how many bots are there? And the styler says nothing in regards to trained mons, I assume it works on them? And how can it hop when it's asleep? And how far away is the ship?

Also: Yey. A forced boss battle

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:50 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Yep, that wall-pokemon is a rock-type :shifty:
Sorry, Trump has already claimed it.

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Also: Yey. A forced boss battle
How the fuck is it forced?! M0rt has given us options. They were quite willing to negotiate, its your own rigid and immovable set of principles that make you think it's forced! We don't have to fight them, and could even be 20 grand richer!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Numa would have fought them anyways. Even if we did take the money.