The Wall that Separates us

Discuss the comic here!
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

The Wall that Separates us

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 am

This is more a conversation starter/question to you folks over here.

I feel like, in several ways, there are two forums in one. The one side of this wall is Forum Games, the other side is the part that actually discusses the comic.

While I know that some of us climb our wall to visit and check in on you lot, It seems that there are far more of you on your side than us on our side. My question is why?

Are most of you just totally uninterested in forum games, do you lack in the time to properly commit to said games or do you just not even really know that our side of the wall exists at all and you continue in your lives completely oblivious to us?

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Re: The Wall that Separates us

Post by Rooks » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:20 am

My take is that most of the time I'm coming to the forums to get other's insight into the comic, or see what I missed that others have picked up.

I've never really understood forum games, so I never ventured over there. And when I say understood, I don't mean the point of them, I mean the rules of them. I'd probably think they were plenty of fun if I ventured over there, but just never have for whatever reason.

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Plasmeus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 am

Simply a lack of time for me. I tend to lurk on the comics side and rarely post more than a couple times a year. I have no doubt it would be a lot of fun to join in over there. I just usually don't even have the energy to post anything. :zzz: Things have been slightly less hectic in my life recently which is why I've gotten a few posts done this year ha ha ha!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:42 am

Rooks wrote: And when I say understood, I don't mean the point of them, I mean the rules of them.
It depends on the game. Some of them have custom rules, others are based on existing game mechanics (eg, we have a couple running on D&D 5e currently).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:20 pm

I cannot comit to a time drain loke games.
While I have plenty of times to come online, I'm here for the comic and the discussions about it.
And some off-topic discussions (politics,...).
No, not many games for me.
I did enjoy some, but mostly I played ones where I could post something once in a while without blocking the table from going forward.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:32 pm

There are a bunch of casual "drop-in" games, though I think it's fair to say that the games area has swung much more to dnd and lengthy RP games over the last year or two. Still, if there were players looking to play / run more casual games, there would almost certainly be interest enough in the forum to get something running.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:32 pm

It's funny how games ebbs and flows between type of games.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:30 am

I've spent some time in games, but changes in my life have taken up the time I once spent there.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler