Post by Arrow » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/20

Hurray Minmax!

I LOVED panels 3-4

BookWyrm17
Mutters to Themself

Re: July 31st - I'm not a goblin

Post by BookWyrm17 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Goodness gracious, that was perfect. He's not a goblin, after all.

Panel 4 looks almost like he's yelling about being an idiot at us, and it sort of makes me think about that theory about how the DM only allowed Minmax because he knew the player, and that the player would not only roleplay all his weaknesses, he would go above and beyond.

Also, up until now I've never noticed the metal bands on Fumbles' feet. What are those from?
Last edited by BookWyrm17 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point is to have fun.

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:41 pm

While I'm pumped there is an update, this was no where near the update I needed. Is he ok?!?! C'mon!!!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:55 pm

But now is an even better time for a switch of scenes...

Argh!

But, Minmax, you have a heart of gold!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Side note. Does MM look like he has a big head in panel 4?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Minmax, you lovable idiot. If this doesn't help to redeem him in Name's eyes... I don't think anything will. I really hope that Fumbles is alright and I also really hope that THunt doesn't use this time to play switch up between groups. That would be horribly mean.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Derkins
Mutters to Themself

Post by Derkins » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:18 pm

Did he ... pull him out of the ceremony, and cause it to end? I didn't think that was even possible. It wasn't just a coincidental ending to the ritual, was it? Did the door close? Are the soul imprints gone? Of course Thunt has left us with more questions than were answered. :paranoia:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

I think the ritual has ended (at least I hope so, it may not have ended, then more imprints will come)

Fumbles has embraced the imprints (he wanted them anyway), and he was in the focus of the power they brought.
Minmax pulled him out of that focus, so the enrgy will, at least temporarily, stop harming Fumbles.

That is how I read the panels.
Now, my questions are:
-is Fumbles okay?
-how many imprints did he absorb?
-will he become legend, despite being adventurer?
-is the gate for the spirits still open?
-how many tellers did this clan ever have (and thus how many more might come?)?
-will the energy dissipate, or refocus on Fumbles, or someone else in the room?
-where is Kore?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:30 pm

So many unanswered questions! :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:31 pm

BookWyrm17 wrote:Also, up until now I've never noticed the metal bands on Fumbles' feet. What are those from?
They might just look more metallic with Cheyenne's coloring? They've been around for a while.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:55 pm

Actually, you could be a goblin AND an idiot. See CoN for reference (at least sometimes). ;)

But that is not true for MM, so way to go! :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:27 pm

Wolfie wrote:Minmax, you lovable idiot. If this doesn't help to redeem him in Name's eyes... I don't think anything will. I really hope that Fumbles is alright and I also really hope that THunt doesn't use this time to play switch up between groups. That would be horribly mean.
Yeah, given his track record in times past, it would be endless months before we find out what happened... I'm not complaining about the comic at all, but I actually care about these fictional people, y'know? Suspense isn't always a good thing; it has to be handled very carefully and needs *commitment.*

AXIS
Of Few Words

Post by AXIS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Okay this is promising.

Really hope next weeks page is just one panel.

one big splash page of Fumbles crackilng with power going.........

Okay?....... I ROCK!!!!!!

Then we can change scenes. Changing now leaving us hanging is a poorer cliffhanger. Let us know Fumbles is a kickass teller first then make us wait for the outcome of that. Waiting for finding out if he's alive is just painful

Istaran
Remains Silent

Post by Istaran » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Since he was removed prematurely, Kickaxo only absorbed 1/11th of each of the former tellers' powers, and he is quite good at handling elevenths of things.

Afraidofdarkness
Remains Silent

Post by Afraidofdarkness » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

I am pretty sure he absorbed the spirits actually 100%, and that Minmax saved him. And he dont look dead at all to me.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:01 pm

Afraidofdarkness wrote:I am pretty sure he absorbed the spirits actually 100%, and that Minmax saved him. And he dont look dead at all to me.
By Thuntonian convention, he'd have a -10 over him if he were truly dead.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Belzera
Mutters to Themself

Post by Belzera » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:17 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Afraidofdarkness wrote:I am pretty sure he absorbed the spirits actually 100%, and that Minmax saved him. And he dont look dead at all to me.
But what if it wasn't a death by hit points but death by a stat hitting zero? What if he blew straight past -10 without even stopping for a quick 'hey there'

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Hey, the page's been edited - now MM says he IS an idiot. Or did it always say that...damn I'm checking the preview...

EDIT Oh wow :wall: . Totally missed that both on the preview and on the site, now I'm the idiot...but hey, it's a neat payoff to the last page.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 pm

Im pretty sure it's been like that since it went up

rohdrieag
Remains Silent

Post by rohdrieag » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm

Y'know, the answer is plain to anyone paying enough attention. Fumbles absolutely survived, and has succeeded in absorbing the prior implants. Really, everything has led up to this, his finest moment.

Why was his name Fumbles? Critical Failures. He kept rolling 1s, fumbling whatever he was working on. Time after time.

Now... his luck is flipping. It's no coincidence that the mouse over text is different from prior pages. Page 18. Page 19. Then this one; a simple '20.'

Critical success.

For that matter it's in the page title, and in the link. Goblins - 20. http://goblinscomic.com/comic/20
Last edited by rohdrieag on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drowemos
Remains Silent

Post by drowemos » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:50 pm

You know... Min Max doesn't get ideas often, but when he does, it is glorious.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:17 pm

There's no way Fumbles is dead here. The dramatic moment that we just had would be utterly ruined if Fumbles is a corpse. He might be an uber-teller, or he might be far less than that and be saddened not to have completed the transition into an uber-teller, but either way he's almost unquestionably alive.
BookWyrm17 wrote:Panel 4 looks almost like he's yelling about being an idiot at us, and it sort of makes me think about that theory about how the DM only allowed Minmax because he knew the player, and that the player would not only roleplay all his weaknesses, he would go above and beyond.
I emphatically believe this. I think Minmax's player is smart enough to have roleplayed Psimax (or at least written up a summary of how to roleplay him so well that even Herbert couldn't screw it up), and is intentionally exploring Good Is Dumb tropes in a deconstructionist way with this character (possibly as part of his doctoral thesis).

Punzil504
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Punzil504 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:21 pm

First Dies Horribly turns declaring himself a coward into a moment of awesome, and now Minmax does the same with declaring himself an idiot.

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Because we can't see Fumbles' face in the last 3 panels (as well as in the previous 2, where he's still being "shocked"), I guess his face has changed: I'd guess his Kickaxo/Kickasso mustache is now a real one, and part of him.
That's be a first for a goblin!

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:14 am

Belzera wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:
But what if it wasn't a death by hit points but death by a stat hitting zero? What if he blew straight past -10 without even stopping for a quick 'hey there'
I'm pretty sure he'd be ash, in that case..