Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Twitter: [now] Old Notebook sketches

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:27 pm

I would like to see what happened to the little elf girl (the one who's doll Fumbles was returning) by now.
Or to the MAP.
Or Duv.
Or Biscuit. :)

Not a big thing, with info of what happened between the last time we saw them, just a "snapshot" of what they are doing now.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 am

GathersIngredients wrote:I would like to see what happened to the little elf girl (the one who's doll Fumbles was returning) by now.
-SNIP-
this...
-Best regards LAYF

Morgaln
Likes to Contribute

Re: Twitter: [now] ideas for fillers

Post by Morgaln » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:25 am

I feel like we'd be best served if he doesn't do a filler at all and instead works on the comic. The sooner he's done with the current page, the sooner he can start on the next one, which would be work going toward building up a buffer. To me, that would be preferable over a small bonus.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:41 am

Agreed, but I don't think that's going to happen :lol:
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:30 am

GathersIngredients wrote:I would like to see what happened to the little elf girl (the one who's doll Fumbles was returning) by now.
Or to the MAP.
Or Duv.
Or Biscuit. :)

Not a big thing, with info of what happened between the last time we saw them, just a "snapshot" of what they are doing now.
Duv and the MAP were covered on Patreon, for the record. If Thunt wants he can publicise them.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:00 am

Thunt has already said that he doesn't want a buffer. If he has a buffer, then it interferes with him drawing live, because spoilers.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:24 am

I dunno...It would be really awesome to have a world map with little dotted lines showing the "travels of ____". It would be interesting to see how the lines intersected as well as give a nice overview of how far they've traveled.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Twitter: [now] some old notes

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:21 am

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Hah! I'm going through my old D&D papers from the 80s and 90s and I found the very first version of Mr Noe, who K'Seliss killed in my comic.
Noe's first appearance in the comic: 9 November 2009
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Sweet Starscream! I found the VERY first description of Klik! It's from 1988 and it's 3 pages that were typed on a freakin typewriter!
The big Klik exposure in-comic.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Apparently, Klik's first appearance was in a dungeon crawl that I called "Skull Onna Rope". Oh 15 year old Tarol. So young. So dumb.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:From the mind of 16 year old Tarol. Over many years, the E.S.F.W.P. became a huge, powerful organization in my D&D world.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I seem to have found a box containing a LOT of things that made it into the comic. Here's the Egg In A Bow room.
The Giant Egg
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:There's no date on that dungeon crawl, but my guess is that it's from the mid 1990s.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Curse Of The Breathing Door The Cube Of Sticky Nightmares Hourglass Mountain The Hydra That Was Trapped On A Pillar The Evil Pillow Fort
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I literally have thousands of dungeon crawls. Boxes and boxes of this crap.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:The Shrinking Dungeon. They must escape the dungeon that is slowly shrinking. Rooms drastically change, depending on how big/small they are.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:A doorway might be too small, but a high ledge might be easier to reach. Of course, they will eventually be crushed if they don't escape.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Not bad, 14 year old Tarol. The dungeon crawl itself is garbage, but the concept is pretty neato.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:POTATO CHIP DRAGONS!!!! I totally forgot that I invented potato chip dragons when I was 11!!!!!!
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I SO have to run someone through one or two of these dungeon crawls written when I was 9 - 12 years old. They're just awful and hilarious.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I found a short story that I *think* I wrote in highschool. This... is so comically bad. Just look at how bad this is! Oh, teen Tarol. No.

Allisonjew
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Allisonjew

Post by Allisonjew » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Nothing to see here.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Re:

Post by redfeather » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 am

Allisonjew wrote:Nothing to see here.
contemplates the meaning of absence

LooksClosely
Whispers Softly

Re: Twitter: [now] Some old Notes

Post by LooksClosely » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Thanks for reposting Krulle. I missed it and it's cool! [well, not coool exactly, but you know.]

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:50 pm

It's cool enough to have a look at, and because it's from the beginning of Thunt's interactions with fantasy games.

Not the peak of his works, but a step towards reaching the peak.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am

Edit:
I did not find the time, so I'm copying the links I posted here again, as Thunt alluded on twitter to something big he may give soft news on soon. .

online drawing (streaming):
drawing Fumbles and CoN for... "something":

an even older tweet:

I wanted to find time to compile them in the twitter thread... but...

Well, Septemer the Fifth is closing anyway:

[/edit]

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Today I updated Kore's look to more closely match the current art style. I did this for... no reason.
[edit2: had to correct the copy-pasted links, stupid me.]
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Twitter: [now] G:AR artwork finally done!

Post by Krulle » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:26 am

Just posted it in the G:AR thread, but I'll copy it here, because it's a "BIG" thing, and we all hope he'll be able to spend more time on drawing GobCom pages instead of G:AR cards....

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:For the past two days, I haven't slept. I've been working on the Goblins Card Game.

You guys... I...

I think I'm finished.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Of course there's more playtesting and tweaks needed to smooth it all out, but the artwork and everything is... well it's just... Complete.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Danielle and I have been playing it today and it feels like a well rounded, complete game. This feels so weird.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Very soon, I'll have a web page set up to keep you up to date on the game and showcase the rules and artwork, etc.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I know a lot of you have a lot of questions and I want to answer them all soon. Apologies for the lack of comic updates, lately.
[Edit 29/Aug/2017]Addendum:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:The Goblins Card Game can be played alone. Of course it's more fun with others but you can run around alone, building your own party.
[Edit 30/Aug/2017]Add. 2:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I've also been given permission to announce once and for all, what the upcoming, HUGE project is. Stand by.
I think we'll still have to wait for 2nd of September.
[Addendum 3] BIG news update, see http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1778, and Thunt's blog post "Goblins - Animated".

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] G:AR artwork finally done!

Post by Krulle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 am

More updates:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:In the dungeons of the Goblins Card Game, there are plenty of ways for your character to get weirder and weirder.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:You should avoid cutting corners when putting together your character. There are things in the game like this room, that promote light RPing
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:For the last few days, most of my work time has been dedicated to two things... 1. Writing 'Rulebook 1.0' for The Goblins Card Game. and...
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:2. Learning how to convert the game over to Tabletop Simulator, so I can release an open beta.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:These are a couple pages from my Goblins Card Game notebook. This is what I mean when I say "only I can understand my notes".
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:"Hmm. Looks like I should tweak a tiny rule in the Goblins Card Game. Hmm. Looks like that means changing a stat on 60 encounter cards" 1/
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:"Hmm. Looks like it takes me 5 minutes per card, to change the graphics. Hmm. There goes my day." 2/
[edit to add]:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I'm working really hard to get the Goblins Card Game set up so you folks can play it online.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:46 pm

Even more updates:
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Currently resizing all the Goblins Cards so they fit into the Tabletop Simulator format. There's like a scwillion cards. This takes forever.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:This card is kept out of the game, unless the Axe of Prissan is destroyed. Then it's shuffled into the encounter deck.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:Any Tabletop Simulator experts out there, know how to create a deck bigger than 70 cards?
Reply given by @Tam_Troll: Make two decks then put them together.
@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I'm just about ready to try a game of The Goblins Card Game via Tabletop Simulator and Twitch. Maybe as early as tomorrow!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:51 pm

@[color=red]Thunt[/color]_Goblins wrote:I 'think' the game is ready for its first trial run on Tabletop Simulator. But I'm exhausted & need sleep. 1st game gets attempted tomorrow.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] new fanart

Post by Krulle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Some fanart:
@Alvarin wrote:I'm happy you are putting all this work into what is going to be my Intellectual Property soon, after I sue you for using my idea from 2011 ... (hope obvious joke is obvious)
Well done, Alvarin.
I like this idea!

[I hate the new keyboard of ios11. I always keep hitting "undo" button, as I need access to the special characters for this forum. IÔÇÿm gonna give it a week, if still unhandy, I'll uninstall it.
Wish I could modify it, since I do like the ÔÇ£flick keysÔÇØ and been wishing for them since a while....]

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] new fanart

Post by Krulle » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Hibischemo wrote:Happy Fanart Friday!

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Leave it to Minmax to poke a hole in his own cape just for a cool pose.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] twitter fanart!

Post by Krulle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am

@LeesheHannigan wrote:There was a demand for owlbear babies.

(which I have decided are called cublets)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Those are absurdly adorable. Love it!

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:47 am

They are indeed very cute.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter: [now] twitter fanart!

Post by Krulle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:42 am

Hence I felt the need to post the image here, so we could all gawp at these cuties

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Danielle wrote:This is Danielle. Tarol suffered a sub-arachnid hemorrhage on Sat eve. We went to emergency twice; today they found it by CT scan. He left in the helicopter for VGH ~half an hour ago. He was awake and speaking well when he left. I'm following by car. More info when I have it.
... Well, shit.

Hopefully he'll be okay.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler